Maintenance needed after Paint Protection (PPS) Coating?

Jaason3138

I’ve been wondering about this issue too. Wonder if it’s the business tactic to lead us to spend more or if the PPS really require topping up of the coating.

If claim to be good a ceramic pro coating should last up to 3 years i believe?

Hi Jaydwl,

Ceramic Pro is trademark registered and can be found in most countries now. Not limited to automobile range. Ceramic Pro range has Marine series, Aviation, Household, Heavy Industry, etc. There are comprehensive tests and certifications for the advantages from various well-known testers.  Research and Development centre is constantly improving formulas and develop new series to be ahead of others.  

Below is Non- ceramic pro related which briefly explains” if it’s the business tactic to lead us to spend more" 

Varied brands have different ways of taking care, running costs. Generally, for inorganic coatings, they will not be "washed" off with shampoo and the way to maintain is to keep the surface clean with proper washing with shampoo. Let's take our old theory of cleaning a non-stick pan. After frying an egg with a non-stick pan with minimal oil, pan still have some grease remains after rinsing with water. A bit of shampoo will do the trick, right?  Choice of equipment -  shampoo with rough wool VS soft sponge, which will damage the non-stick pan faster? When shampoo with soft sponge gently or with elbow grease. Which will cause more damage? Our environment has oil base contaminants which minerals will settle on and start their own cycle of reaction and start attacking the coating. Different brands require different type of after care. If care is taken as suggested by your applicator, you should not be spending for more than you should provide brand has good reputation, applicator's environment/facilities, procedures for application, workmanship, cleanness and perfection of surface will have an impact on durability and end result. 

Just for sharing,

Couple of weeks back, when we are doing our weekly checks, we pass by a detailing centre that caught our attention. Patches of greyish substances can be seen all over the place; most likely they are mould. 1 gentleman is applying the coating in an uncontrolled environment with an applicator pad and 3 guys were wiping down the coating on the door so hard that the poor car is shaking. Several reasons for the extra effort. One thing for sure we know, before the product can protect the paint, their guys had induced marring and micro scratches to the paintwork. Has the product been cleaned out by them? 

Of cos, there are some bad hats in the industry to be careful of who are easy to identify from company's inconsistent brands used, high company owners turn overs. Unrealistic number of "Likes" and "reviews" on social media etc. 

It takes 2 hands clap. Quality of products, applicator, owner’s care, plays a role on durability and possible running cost.  Hope this enlightens

• Praise 1

Black Nano has contacted me in regards to my post. I will clarify their displeasure here. They wanted me to answer to them what I meant by 'sounded like I owned them'. In my request to them when I wanted to claim their 3 years warranty on the coating done, which was done less than a year ago, they said I can only go down for them to perform assessment and no job will be done on that day. I replied but if a job is needed to be performed I have to come down another day? So I requested for a date where if after assessment a job needed to be perform it will be done on the spot. But they insist they have to plan for a job after they assess and have to come down another day.

Personally to me, this sounded like I owe them. As a customer, why make me make a second trip? If your schedule is packed with new customers, I did ask for a date where your schedule allows you to spend time for your existing customers. I did not insist on a date, it can be 1 or 2 months down the road. It is just coating, i can still drive the car. I did not demand for a date. I am not too sure how long you need to plan. I can wait. So now you know why I made that comment and hope you are satisfied.

Now to black nano, can I have a date for me to go down for you to assess my claim for warranty and if a job is needed that it can be perform on the spot please Boss?

Dear Black Nano,

I am still pending for a date for me to go down to you to assess my claim for warranty and if a job is needed that it can be perform on the spot please? 

Black Nano has contacted me in regards to my post. I will clarify their displeasure here. They wanted me to answer to them what I meant by 'sounded like I owned them'. In my request to them when I wanted to claim their 3 years warranty on the coating done, which was done less than a year ago, they said I can only go down for them to perform assessment and no job will be done on that day. I replied but if a job is needed to be performed I have to come down another day? So I requested for a date where if after assessment a job needed to be perform it will be done on the spot. But they insist they have to plan for a job after they assess and have to come down another day.

Personally to me, this sounded like I owe them. As a customer, why make me make a second trip? If your schedule is packed with new customers, I did ask for a date where your schedule allows you to spend time for your existing customers. I did not insist on a date, it can be 1 or 2 months down the road. It is just coating, i can still drive the car. I did not demand for a date. I am not too sure how long you need to plan. I can wait. So now you know why I made that comment and hope you are satisfied.

Now to black nano, can I have a date for me to go down for you to assess my claim for warranty and if a job is needed that it can be perform on the spot please Boss?

Dear Extremeoh,

We would like to address your recent comment/concern on mycarforum.

Firstly, every company has policies to protect our ourselves and our customers. For car owners who would like to have a warranty claim, we welcome them to come for an assessment prior to any work done. If assessed that ramification work is necessary, an appointment can be made. This is in line with standard industry practice. Reason for doing so is because we will first have to thoroughly understand what the problem is before any job is done, so that we are able to set aside adequate time to work on your car. 

Secondly, in your SMS you wrote

“Hi Boss, I want to claim warranty for my car polish, The coating has wear off,car not so shiny and the rain water does not flow down as smooth”.

Our immediate response was

“Sure boss, But drive over let us take a quick look on what happen”. We then informed you that it will be an assessment and that no jobs  will be done to set your expectations right. We can plan thereafter if needed.

The intention has never been rude. Car related companies will requst for customers to drive in for an assessment on the issue, to provide the best customer service quality. 

If possible, we will try our best to settle any minor problems on the spot to minimize travel for our customers, however this is not always achievable. Therefore we seek your understanding that we will not be able to allocate a slot without first assessing the issue and ascertaining how much time is actually needed.

We would again, like to welcome you back for an assessment as per our last communication, and we will assess what the problem is professionally as mentioned.

I hope this clarifies any misunderstanding. If there are any questions, please contact us thru SMS/ Call us at 93736351.

Sincerely,

BlackNano

• Praise 2

First of all, as your customer, personally I already don't like your attitude.

Second, I have claimed warranty from you before on the scratches on the boot just months after application. This say something about your product.

Thirdly, you 'acknowledged' personally to me that your product is inferior to the product coating I had on my car before I approach you as a customer. You can tell the whole world I lied but I did not. So it is mine word against yours, let the whole world judge.

Finally I am going back to the previous company that I had the 1st job done to remove your coat and put on a better costing.

Thank you for your service thus far and good luck.

(Guys n Girls, quickly check their facebook page before and after. After I claimed warranty on the scratches, they removed the word scratch. See if they will change their warranty condition)

Second, I have claimed warranty from you before on the scratches on the boot just months after application. This say something about your product.

Thirdly, you 'acknowledged' personally to me that your product is inferior to the product coating I had on my car before I approach you as a customer. You can tell the whole world I lied but I did not. So it is mine word against yours, let the whole world judge.

Finally I am going back to the previous company that I had the 1st job done to remove your coat and put on a better costing.

(Guys n Girls, quickly check their facebook page before and after. After I claimed warranty on the scratches, they removed the word scratch. See if they will change their warranty condition)

Hi Extremeoh. 

Thanks for the feedback. But I would like to emphasis that 9H ceramic coating doesn't prevent / make your car scratch/ scratch proof or from getting stone chip or ding and dent. It helps you to easier maintain your car and that doesn't mean no maintenance. That is the fact and it has never change.

If any customer were to ask me. I will tell them straight about it. Nothing to hide as that is the fact about 9h coating. In this thread, there are other expert here that has mention about this and "scratches warranty" has never been part of the warranty for most company.

Hope you understand what you are getting in to before the next purchase.

Sincerely,

Blacknano

Do you guys think that moving forward, all car will be PPS coated (be in ceramic or glass) directly out from the factory?

As we know such coatings do have their advantages in our car maintenance. Since it is so common nowadays but why aint the manufacturer incorporating this into their car production? if they do, then big problem to those running such business. 

Do you guys think that moving forward, all car will be PPS coated (be in ceramic or glass) directly out from the factory?

As we know such coatings do have their advantages in our car maintenance. Since it is so common nowadays but why aint the manufacturer incorporating this into their car production? if they do, then big problem to those running such business. 

Some of the big boyz are working on self healing paint! I guess soon you see them in production tho i know one or two makes have it but need to apply some lotion and baked under sun.

Some of the big boyz are working on self healing paint! I guess soon you see them in production tho i know one or two makes have it but need to apply some lotion and baked under sun.

that is interesting. mind sharing which makes? already in singapore?

They know nothing beats traditional wash, polish and wax

No offend bro!

You seriously believe 9H coating can prevent scratches?

• Praise 1

No offend bro!

You seriously believe 9H coating can prevent scratches?

Of cos not. The coat is only micron thick. Scratch can still be caused if you apply enough strength . But it does help in fine scratches

Been reading up on paint protection films and seems like that's the better option when it comes to preventing scratches and dents. Some of them are even self-healing!

I sent my car to REVOL at AMK autopoint for paint protection and polish. Don’t know what they use, after 8 years, my body still glossy, still can see my reflection. And I park open carpark. Just found out they are in top 10 merchants list (forgot what list). Then car too shiny, people start scratching.... one on the left.... then one on the right .....got it in different parts of Singapore. I cool, I just pity the poor fard who scratched my car.....jealous.

Some owners relax one. They don’t care for car so much. They know only own it a few years sell already. Max, 10 years the car is gone already. If concern about resale value, they do what the dealers do......Before selling it, just send to ah tee, ah kow. ah Beng, ah Seng polish that operate at multi storey carpark. They use wax/butter/margarine... shine a while only just for the few days of selling the car, can sell can already.

If your car really super shiny, your car trade-in value will increase by 10cents......got it? .....dealers don’t give a damn how shiny your car is. But if u r like me, send for polish for ownself shiok, then go ahead, but if kena scratch, stay cool.

• Praise 2

Pioneer Point, 5 Soon Lee Street, #03-35, Singapore 627606 Ceramic Nano weebly for so called "Diamond Ceramic 9H coating a year ago for my brand new car. Just a year, Now the water beading is gone and paint become rough. Paid $1400 for it. Strictly CASH ONLY !

I called last week to enquire its 3 years warranty. Was then told to pay $180 for mtce coating. Its same for every company. Is it true? I don't know.

As for warranty its only against rust n oxidation as told. So beware and go for reputable companies, not a one man show as far as i know ? identified only by MR. LIM only. A gently note to all car lovers.

Furthermore imo dun waste such money.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2