Mazda Owner Check-in List Part 2

clement229

Is it an ex_lion City rental car?

Errr we are not sure , the PI just said is supplier buy n back out . They got Afew units . But all their mileage are v low kind.. the only part is we lost out the 6 months warranty so instead of 3 years now is 2.5years . But our 1k n 5k servicing is still under mazda then after that 6x under the PI ws.
↡ Advertisement

Hi, could anyone check if your Mzd Connect settings have option to connect to Wifi or similar?

It should be found under Devices > Network Management.

And whether it works? I tried and fail to connect to my mobile hotspot.

My agent saying is white elephant.

Someone mention that using those mobile hotspot devices works.

So if any owners has those do try as well.

I tested Android no work.

Others tested Apple no work.

Edited by danielling1981

Hi, could anyone check if your Mzd Connect settings have option to connect to Wifi or similar?

It should be found under Devices > Network Management.

And whether it works? I tried and fail to connect to my mobile hotspot.

My agent saying is white elephant.

Someone mention that using those mobile hotspot devices works.

So if any owners has those do try as well.

I tested Android no work.

Others tested Apple no work.

Yes, I've tried mine. It works, just that it might not connect on the first try for some reason. Hotspot on iPhone 8. 

Not much use except that it can receive live traffic information and the navigation can be programmed to avoid routes that are congested/blocked. 

Yes, I've tried mine. It works, just that it might not connect on the first try for some reason. Hotspot on iPhone 8.

Not much use except that it can receive live traffic information and the navigation can be programmed to avoid routes that are congested/blocked.

Isn't live traffic and smart routing extremely useful?

Anyhow does it still work for u?

Some says it's a subscribe service and only worked when it was new car and few few months.

Isn't live traffic and smart routing extremely useful?

Anyhow does it still work for u?

Some says it's a subscribe service and only worked when it was new car and few few months.

I think there's the subscription service too which doesn't need internet connection while on the road. 

I tried about 2 weeks ago and it still works. Mine is a M2 Deluxe, 3 years old. 

My routes are rather standard and mostly short journeys, so I don't bother setting it up for daily use. When I tried this Wi-Fi thing on my car, I managed to generate the list of traffic incidents (it's located somewhere on the Nav app on Mzd connect). 

If the Mzd Connect has all these WiFi features, why not make the map updates available over WiFi too? Rather than charging people so much for the updates and the process is so cumbersome - remove the SD card, install the app on your laptop etc. 

The new cars are so much better with Apple Carplay and Android Auto. 

I think there's the subscription service too which doesn't need internet connection while on the road.

I tried about 2 weeks ago and it still works. Mine is a M2 Deluxe, 3 years old.

My routes are rather standard and mostly short journeys, so I don't bother setting it up for daily use. When I tried this Wi-Fi thing on my car, I managed to generate the list of traffic incidents (it's located somewhere on the Nav app on Mzd connect).

If the Mzd Connect has all these WiFi features, why not make the map updates available over WiFi too? Rather than charging people so much for the updates and the process is so cumbersome - remove the SD card, install the app on your laptop etc.

The new cars are so much better with Apple Carplay and Android Auto.

What was the hotspot device?

Even if can update over wifi, likely will still be charged.

We are being charged for the content, not the method of update.

I also suspect that it is a partnership such could be the reason why mobile integration is so late.

What was the hotspot device?

Even if can update over wifi, likely will still be charged.

We are being charged for the content, not the method of update.

I also suspect that it is a partnership such could be the reason why mobile integration is so late.

iPhone 8. Of course try to connect at an open space rather than a basement carpark because of the availability of 4G connection from your phone. 

Sometimes I can't get it to connect on my first try. Don't know if it's the car or the phone. 

I think this WiFi thing on Mzd Connect is more convenient if you have a mobile router already set up in your car, for the dashcam or for anti-theft. 

Wondering what everyone's advice is for negotiating prices with the Mazda TEK? Looking at buying a new CX-5 and want to know how flexible the sales people are on negotiating down the price? Especially given the current market conditions.

I don't want to lowball the SE, but equally I want to get most value for money. Just wondering how much "flexibility" the SE has on price.

Edited by GTO-1

Wondering what everyone's advice is for negotiating prices with the Mazda TEK? Looking at buying a new CX-5 and want to know how flexible the sales people are on negotiating down the price? Especially given the current market conditions.

I don't want to lowball the SE, but equally I want to get most value for money. Just wondering how much "flexibility" the SE has on price.

There is no real bargaining one.

You just keep asking for discounts or free gifts and they check their profit margin amd see how to adjust.

Of course different SE do things differently. After 2 cars, I came to realise that there is no team work or company spirit.

Each SE is their own boss.

Some SE form teams, etc for cooporation but still a non teamwork based approach like how other line of work do it.

Maybe this is a typical sales setup.

My SE gave me probably max discount for the following:

2 year insurance.

Trade in.

Loyalty.

Free gifts were standards. Didn't get any additional.

So if you have no SE, just ask around or walk in try luck. If no good deal just try another SE.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys

Just got a 2015 Mazda 3 Deluxe 1 mth back. Direct owner car. Jet Mica Black in colour, anybody here has the same issue of paint chipping at the bonnet area? Yes I know it is a 2nd hand car but the OCD in me is eating at me. Any good paint shops to recommend as well as the pricing and down time to expect?

Cheers and TIA

There is no real bargaining one.

You just keep asking for discounts or free gifts and they check their profit margin amd see how to adjust.

Of course different SE do things differently. After 2 cars, I came to realise that there is no team work or company spirit.

Each SE is their own boss.

Some SE form teams, etc for cooporation but still a non teamwork based approach like how other line of work do it.

Maybe this is a typical sales setup.

My SE gave me probably max discount for the following:

2 year insurance.

Trade in.

Loyalty.

Free gifts were standards. Didn't get any additional.

So if you have no SE, just ask around or walk in try luck. If no good deal just try another SE.

What are the standard free gifts?

Test drive CX5, only quoted 4k overtrade. Nothing else..

And btw Mazda cars only 3years warranty? Servicing only free 1time???

What are the standard free gifts?

Test drive CX5, only quoted 4k overtrade. Nothing else..

And btw Mazda cars only 3years warranty? Servicing only free 1time???

Thanks for the previous poster.

It's good to get some experiences.

For CX5, I was offered:

- Blaupunkt Front and Rear Dash cameras.

- Brilla body coating

- Solar film (rikecool).

Also offered to throw in car mats as well. The latter being the only non-standard.

In terms of discount, two SE's offered me $3k and I'm not trading in any vehicle (currently lease).

Thanks for the previous poster.

It's good to get some experiences.

For CX5, I was offered:

- Blaupunkt Front and Rear Dash cameras.

- Brilla body coating

- Solar film (rikecool).

Also offered to throw in car mats as well. The latter being the only non-standard.

In terms of discount, two SE's offered me $3k and I'm not trading in any vehicle (currently lease).

Quite a good deal there alr

Got free servicing for how many year?

They have a current promotion of either 5 year warranty or 3 year servicing (one or the other).

If not promotion, then just normal 3 year warranty plus 1 year free servicing.

Does anyone have any experience around durability of Soul Red Crystal?

On the overseas Mazda forums there is a lot of complaints around how Soul Red Crystal chips easily and is very thin. Obviously disappointing if you had to invest an additional 1k.

Wondering if that is same experience here? I suspect it may be better here only because the conditions are not as rough as overseas (eg loose gravel or salty roads).

They have a current promotion of either 5 year warranty or 3 year servicing (one or the other).

If not promotion, then just normal 3 year warranty plus 1 year free servicing.

Mine is again standard. Didn't had a option, would have went for longer warranty.

3 year warranty and 1k 5k 10k free service.

Does anyone have any experience around durability of Soul Red Crystal?

On the overseas Mazda forums there is a lot of complaints around how Soul Red Crystal chips easily and is very thin. Obviously disappointing if you had to invest an additional 1k.

Wondering if that is same experience here? I suspect it may be better here only because the conditions are not as rough as overseas (eg loose gravel or salty roads).

I think it's not quality issue.

Issue is the paint ks too fantastic to look at and thus any minor issue becomes like a red bull staring back at you.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I'm driving a Mz2 HB 2016. Sometimes when i start the engine, there is loud 'tatata' sound which lasted a few seconds then it disappears. It sounds just like something hitting the fan though i don't think it's the case. After moving off it's fine. At most in the first minute, the 'tatata' noise happens again when idling but it's gone after that for the rest of the journey. Since this sound doesn't appear during every ignition, i can't isolate the problem.

Sent to service center but the service agent said hard to pinpoint the problem since it doesn't happen all the time. So no point checking..zzz

Doesn't anyone face the same issue or know what is the problem?

am looking at the cx3 in fact with a 2litre engine for a decent pricing of 82k.

anyone driving it? dont seem to see much comments about it apart from the smaller rear seats but the engine power kinda entices me. 

↡ Advertisement