Mazda Owner Check-in List Part 2

clement229

Oh,nice,the latest model.?2.0 or 2.5.?

The latest 2017 2.5 Lux model...couldn't wait for the super lux model which I was told delivery in Oct/Nov, when my previous car expires in September.

The latest 2017 2.5 Lux model...couldn't wait for the super lux model which I was told delivery in Oct/Nov, when my previous car expires in September.

Nice choice bro, what colour you got? i'm on the 2.0 premium model in black :), going for 1k servicing on fri. Just curious, is your aircon cold enough? Wondering if i can ask them to check/top up the coolant etc during the service..

• Praise 1

Nice choice bro, what colour you got? i'm on the 2.0 premium model in black :), going for 1k servicing on fri. Just curious, is your aircon cold enough? Wondering if i can ask them to check/top up the coolant etc during the service..

Mine is the Machine Grey....I was contemplating between Black and Machine Grey, but went with the Machine Grey as I have been driving "Black" for over 10 years, so enough liao.

Yes, the aircon is cold enough. You should ask them to check everything if you sense anything not right. I read that on this forum somewhere that technicians not around during night time 1k servicing, not sure how true is that, maybe you can call your SE and find out....which location you sending your car to?

Mine is the Machine Grey....I was contemplating between Black and Machine Grey, but went with the Machine Grey as I have been driving "Black" for over 10 years, so enough liao.

Yes, the aircon is cold enough. You should ask them to check everything if you sense anything not right. I read that on this forum somewhere that technicians not around during night time 1k servicing, not sure how true is that, maybe you can call your SE and find out....which location you sending your car to?

sending my car to ubi. the machine grey is damn  :a-m1212: . was eyeing that but got put off by the extra $1k and possible touch-up issues in the future if kena bang. lol

• Praise 1

sending my car to ubi. the machine grey is damn  :a-m1212: . was eyeing that but got put off by the extra $1k and possible touch-up issues in the future if kena bang. lol

haha...ya, I know what you mean...but my heart rules over my head....this is my first Mazda

I will be sending mine to Leng Kee when the time comes...bought the car in Ubi but servicing will be Leng Kee moving forward

Edited by Sparhawk699

What made you choose CX5 over Harrier?

I went with the CX5 because the design and shape of the Harrier did not appeal to me, also the console looks dated, and the gear stick is so typical of dated gear instead of those found in European cars. Perhaps coming from driving European cars most of my life, it does affect my decision, but still, I hate the typical Japanese console and especially gear stick shift.

The reason I bought the SUV is that of my dogs and I can transport them in the cargo area to contain their fur/hair to a specific area. Price of European SUV is too overpriced, hence to me, the next best choice is the CX5

As for for the turbo, it will be nice to have it in the CX5, then again, Singapore roads do not provide for the need of turbo (unless you go Malaysia often) and the noise when the turbo comes on is loud which defeat the cabin being insulated for noise. Remember things may be quieter now than after 2 years of using the car or so.

Space wise the cars are almost the same except the Harrier has more space in the back seat, if you look at the wheelbase, the CX5 is slightly longer but because of the shape of the Mazda, the back seat suffers...To me, the Harrier looks bulky and is heavier in terms of kerb weight.

Handling wise, I find it ok and fun to drive, the car is responsive and handling is good.

• Praise 1

I went with the CX5 because the design and shape of the Harrier did not appeal to me, also the console looks dated, and the gear stick is so typical of dated gear instead of those found in European cars. Perhaps coming from driving European cars most of my life, it does affect my decision, but still, I hate the typical Japanese console and especially gear stick shift.

The reason I bought the SUV is that of my dogs and I can transport them in the cargo area to contain their fur/hair to a specific area. Price of European SUV is too overpriced, hence to me, the next best choice is the CX5

As for for the turbo, it will be nice to have it in the CX5, then again, Singapore roads do not provide for the need of turbo (unless you go Malaysia often) and the noise when the turbo comes on is loud which defeat the cabin being insulated for noise. Remember things may be quieter now than after 2 years of using the car or so.

Space wise the cars are almost the same except the Harrier has more space in the back seat, if you look at the wheelbase, the CX5 is slightly longer but because of the shape of the Mazda, the back seat suffers...To me, the Harrier looks bulky and is heavier in terms of kerb weight.

Handling wise, I find it ok and fun to drive, the car is responsive and handling is good.

lucky dogs...

i only bought my car for my kids

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bros,

Got my COE on 10 Aug for madza 3 on machine grey collecting car on 6 sept

any madza groups for chat that i can join? first time madza owner but looking forward to the ride

any bros have good detailing workshop to introduce? 

Thanks!

• Praise 1

https://www.toyota.com/yarisia/yaris...44197:72200729

The inside of the 2017 Toyota Yaris looks like a Mazda. The Infotainment Center, the center controls, etc. Even the seats look the same

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/videos/a31636/scion-ia-mazda-2/

Probably the birth child of their recent marriage. Here is their honeymoon suite https://www.google.com.sg/amp/www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-toyota-mazda-20170804-story,amp.html
  • Praise 1