Unfair Treatment at CIQ Woodlands

Daryllim69

If everything goes smoothly, do you credit the government? Does the government claim credit?

No. Yes.

By faulting gahmen over everything that does not go smoothly.. arent you encouraging them to claim credit for everything that does?

↡ Advertisement

I disliked TS post. Why?

1) the officers were not unfair. They were just doing their jobs. I can understand the taking away of car keys. There were probably cases of people trying to make a dash across the border. As for refusing the request to go to toilet I guess it's just kia su on the part of the officer. Who is to say the wife will not run across the border? Because the customs officer DOES not know if the woman is really your wife and so on until checks are made.

If you went back and lodged a complaint against ICA at Lavender, fair enough.

The agents were fair. Were they polite or tactful? Maybe not. But one thing to consider. If our agents were so unfair and so against human rights, why did you think you could bang table? In other countries you bang table at the immigration officer office and see what happens to you. Ironic that we can feel we can bang table and still get away with it and then complain they were unfair when in other "first world countries where they preach human rights" or neighbouring countries we will probably be turned back "if lucky" or arrested or naked squads.

2) if anyone had unfair treatment it was those who had their queue jumped because of the commotion.

3) Lastly, posting this on social media may have a negative effect. It gives the impression that banging table can work, even against something as important as border security. Either more SOP will come out or people will start to care less.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 9

I disliked TS post. Why?

1) the officers were not unfair. They were just doing their jobs. I can understand the taking away of car keys. There were probably cases of people trying to make a dash across the border. As for refusing the request to go to toilet I guess it's just kia su on the part of the officer. Who is to say the wife will not run across the border? Because the customs officer DOES not know if the woman is really your wife and so on until checks are made.

If you went back and lodged a complaint against ICA at Lavender, fair enough.

The agents were fair. Were they polite or tactful? Maybe not. But one thing to consider. If our agents were so unfair and so against human rights, why did you think you could bang table? In other countries you bang table at the immigration officer office and see what happens to you. Ironic that we can feel we can bang table and still get away with it and then complain they were unfair when in other "first world countries where they preach human rights" or neighbouring countries we will probably be turned back "if lucky" or arrested or naked squads.

2) if anyone had unfair treatment it was those who had their queue jumped because of the commotion.

3) Lastly, posting this on social media may have a negative effect. It gives the impression that banging table can work, even against something as important as border security. Either more SOP will come out or people will start to care less.

Unable to praise you in the system but I must say i agree 100% with what you wrote.

Read with a pinch of salt. It's only his side of the story. Only the other officers could verify it. Ppl are only doing their job, not out to make life difficult for anyone. I only believed a little bit of what he said.

Buy mooncake nia. Need to be so kan cheong meh? Wait a while for ppl to verify also cannot. Life is tough...for security officers. [laugh]

My understanding is that if you treat ppl with respect ppl will return the favour. If you treat ppl like sh!t, good luck to you.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 7

Why there are always people who want to bring politics into every thread that exist?

Come on, relax lah. You want the PM to come to apologise to everyone personally who feel wrong by any civil servants since he is the head of government? And this incident has zero to do with national service, so please stop all this nonsense. There are other political threads that pander to this, for like-minded people to flock and rant.

Maybe moderators could look into this phenomenal? Do some justice for the rest of forummers who are so sick of this GOVERNMENT blaming here for everything so trivial.

• Praise 6

Why there are always people who want to bring politics into every thread that exist?

Come on, relax lah. You want the PM to come to apologise to everyone personally who feel wrong by any civil servants since he is the head of government? And this incident has zero to do with national service, so please stop all this nonsense. There are other political threads that pander to this, for like-minded people to flock and rant.

Maybe moderators could look into this phenomenal? Do some justice for the rest of forummers who are so sick of this GOVERNMENT blaming here for everything so trivial.

me thinks you are referring to Member of Parliament right? heh heh.. the mods here will tell.. "u think I boh tai ji huh.. SPH don't pay us u want us to meet the ppl?"

Don't let your wife pee? You should say you also need to pee.

If they don't let you pee then just pee on their floor lor. Then say call of nature, bo pian.

But I do not suggest you do this in JB customs. Only SG customs.

at JB side while doing naked squats . . . to pee or not to pee that is the question.  [laugh]

I have been to the Customs office but policemen there very friendly and even joked about me taking the wrong turn and headed to JB instead of Causeway Point.  [grin]

• Praise 1

Anyway got ball please give me anonymous Dislike. I will ask moderator to post the anonymous person out big big for all to see since moderators can see which coward give out the dislike.

Life is indeed tough for them. Imagine those who have stand in the open for hours and breathe in exhaust fumes daily, which is worse during peak timings. I've heard that quite a number of these security officers end up with health problems because of this.  

• Praise 1

me thinks you are referring to Member of Parliament right? heh heh.. the mods here will tell.. "u think I boh tai ji huh.. SPH don't pay us u want us to meet the ppl?"

No. I referring to the Prime Minister.

at JB side while doing naked squats . . . to pee or not to pee that is the question.  [laugh]

I have been to the Customs office but policemen there very friendly and even joked about me taking the wrong turn and headed to JB instead of Causeway Point.  [grin]

they are too polite and quite soft compare to the rest of the world.

• Praise 1

There will always be ppl who are out to stir sh!t. If not happy just write a formal comprain letter and say you not happy. Make things simple. Why say you are being treated unfairly? I don't even see a third party in the story who is given special treatment. Obviously ppl are out to stir crap.

Don't let your wife pee? You should say you also need to pee.

If they don't let you pee then just pee on their floor lor. Then say call of nature, bo pian.

But I do not suggest you do this in JB customs. Only SG customs.

Why you teach people to play punk with SG customs

but act like a timid mouse at MY customs?

We should treat both sides with equal respect.

They are just doing their job.

:D

If you were a customs officer and someone's passport cannot be cleared by the computer

your first thought should be its a fake. 

When the person raise their voice, its a sign of tension and being on the defensive means

they have something to hide.

And this one timing is a bit unfortunate. If suddenly they say wife needs to go toilet what will they

think? She will runaway, she will throw something away in the toilet? 

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 10

Why you teach people to play punk with SG customs

but act like a timid mouse at MY customs?

We should treat both sides with equal respect.

They are just doing their job.

Unless it's your mother in law. She is also doing her job when making your life miserable. :p
↡ Advertisement