2017 Opel Crossland X

DACH

So far so good. Did my 1k servicing and everything is fine. It's a more agile car compared to my previous MPV and pick up is not bad and it's pretty quiet once you cruise on highways. Can live with the start-stop function as well as it doesn't tremble as badly compared to Mazda 3 when I test drove the car.

The main reasons why I decided to go for it was the 5 stars Euro Ncap ratings as well as the good FC. A lot of cars have 5 stars rating, but their airbags would be reduced to 2 only when sold in Singapore. Ours is not stripped down. The amount of equipment at the price point I paid for also can't be matched by other cars.

Have clocked 1.3k mileage so far. My FC reading on the meter is 6.5l per 100km. Did my own measurement by dividing the total distance traveled by the past 3 full tanks of petrol amount. Real time FC is 14.9km per litre, which is not too far from the meter readings.

The only drawback is that I can't find much accessories as the model is quite new. Have to indent from Opel accessories Europe and while I have not found out the pricing locally, seems like their accessories are not that cheap when sold in Italy. Hopefully, can find more Crosslanders and do mass buys in our FB group next time.

Next time we can all meet for supper together somewhere. =)

Hey sure mann. We can do that. Tats true about the 5stars and the reduce of airbags. The accessories we can order but we still end up have to order at SG Opel.

The FC is ok. Still cant beat the hybrid tho. 1.2 turbo to Malaysia. Not sure if it can go that far.

Btw mine i chose Sovereign Silver with black roof.

Hey sure mann. We can do that. Tats true about the 5stars and the reduce of airbags. The accessories we can order but we still end up have to order at SG Opel.

The FC is ok. Still cant beat the hybrid tho. 1.2 turbo to Malaysia. Not sure if it can go that far.

Btw mine i chose Sovereign Silver with black roof.

Trying to work out something with a vendor who used to help out at my old car group. He may be able to do up side steps or other accessories for our car model. =)

Don't think Malaysia is an issue. Parallel parking there will definitely be a breeze with auto parking function. Cruising is pretty comfortable although feels a little light. Could be that my tyre pressure is on the high side. Probably have to turn off the auto shutoff function when queuing at the causeway though. 

• Praise 1

Yes Sir.

Although is the same, even same engine as the Grandland X.

But note that the engine is tuned to different specs.

Cheers.

• Praise 3

Hi everyone. I recently purchased Crossland X.

Im interested in upgrading speakers and adding an amp to my car.

Has any of the owners upgraded the sound on their car shed some light on it?

How is the drive so far? Is FC good?

• Praise 2

Drive is bit on the firm side, as expected from a crossover. Engine is nippy and turbo lag is barely noticeable.

Still on the first tank of fuel. Probably can drive about 550 kms before refueling is required.

• Praise 3

Had driven crossland innovation for 3 months. Engine is perky, but less refine on idle due to 3 cylinders engine. Avg fuel around 11 to 12 km/l since I'm heavy foot. Motion alarm a bit sensitive. Upon start car will disable start/stop function. Upon a lighting from vehicle disable motion alarm. I enjoyed the auto level led head lamps and adaptive turn side light. The head up display is useful too since it shows the map navigation. The lane departure, blind spot and park assist are only good for beginners drivers. Forward collision alert, 180 view parking, hill stop assist is very useful. I love the rear bench which could slide forward to have more rear space for cargo. Overall is a good mini suv for family. No faulty parts as of current. Auto andriod is working perfectly. Trying to get YouTube apps to work as well.

Supersonic

Had driven crossland innovation for 3 months. Engine is perky, but less refine on idle due to 3 cylinders engine. Avg fuel around 11 to 12 km/l since I'm heavy foot. Motion alarm a bit sensitive. Upon start car will disable start/stop function. Upon a lighting from vehicle disable motion alarm. I enjoyed the auto level led head lamps and adaptive turn side light. The head up display is useful too since it shows the map navigation. The lane departure, blind spot and park assist are only good for beginners drivers. Forward collision alert, 180 view parking, hill stop assist is very useful. I love the rear bench which could slide forward to have more rear space for cargo. Overall is a good mini suv for family. No faulty parts as of current. Auto andriod is working perfectly. Trying to get YouTube apps to work as well.

Do you find the interior cramped?

Do you find the interior cramped?

Surprisingly the interior is quite spacious. The bonnet is shorter and wheel base is sufficent. The legroom is good. The rear roof height is higher and taller pax can sit comfortably. Able to sit 3 average size in the rear seat.
  • Praise 1

To add on, the tyre pressure monitoing is useful too. The best feature is the cruise control limit. Set the speed limit of 110km/h when driving NSHW, no matter how much accelerator you pressed, it will not go above the speed limit. So you can rest your leg on the accelerator.

(edited)

Hi. Can I check if the opel crossland x innovation has the safety feature that brakes for you if it goes close enough to an object? Thks Edited by Lash15
  • Praise 1

Hi. Can I check if the opel crossland x innovation has the safety feature that brakes for you if it goes close enough to an object? Thks

never encounter in this situation before. even if the feature is there, I hope I never use it. but if u get close to objects around the car, the main display show alert with colour severity.
  • Praise 1

FC is subjective to the driver driving style. If driven aggressively, you get no more than 12km/l. If drive sensibly, you can attain 15km/l or more. For this model, average should be around 13-14km/l with Singapore traffic conditions.

I'm good with the stock speaker. If you want to add amp, it may affect the car battery performance. Just a thought. Not sure if anyone upgraded the car battery capacity. Or can it be upgraded?

Although is the same, even same engine as the Grandland X.

But note that the engine is tuned to different specs.

Cheers.

How about transmission drive? same spec? if the same, then the tune can be shared. Unless some other internal parts are of better quality to withstand the heat and extra power tuned.

How about transmission drive? same spec? if the same, then the tune can be shared. Unless some other internal parts are of better quality to withstand the heat and extra power tuned.

It should be the same 6 speed auto Aisin gearbox. Tune I Guess can be shared as I read from European specs that there are different 1.2T Crossland X and the higher spec one shares the same BHP and torque figures with the Grandland X.

Not sure about other parts but you gotta first find one workshop that can tune up your Crossland and secondly, prepare to forgo your AG warranty.

Cheers.

P.S. Join us in the Opel SUV Owners Group in Facebook.

(edited)

I'm good with the stock speaker. If you want to add amp, it may affect the car battery performance. Just a thought. Not sure if anyone upgraded the car battery capacity. Or can it be upgraded?

Battery drain wont be an issue if amp setup is used with car engine running.

The engine and gearbox is same as supplied in Peugeot cars as well. Comes in 3 tuning stages of 89/109/129 bhp. Plug and play tuning boxes are available from reputable european companies. When sending the car for servicing then remove the box and its back to stock setting.

Edited by pds11
↡ Advertisement