2017 Opel Crossland X

DACH

Hi, May I know where can i get a performance exhaust for crossland and is there a place that I can get a ECU stage one remapping for crossland? Appreciate your advise.

Ben

Hi. No clue about exhaust but for ECU remap if you are looking for plug and play type then you can look at race chip. They have an agent in Singapore around kaki bukit / ubi.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi. No clue about exhaust but for ECU remap if you are looking for plug and play type then you can look at race chip. They have an agent in Singapore around kaki bukit / ubi.

Thank you so much. Do you have their address or number? Thank you so much for the help

• Praise 1

Thank you so much. Do you have their address or number? Thank you so much for the help

10 Kaki Bukit Rd 2, #03-25, Singapore 417868.
  • Praise 1

Thanks, @Teo2000.

Hi Nwkm, did you get your crossland? They asked me to topup 5k before last bid, so I canceled the deal. Now I’m thinking of other cars, or maybe just renew my coe.
  • Praise 1

Hi Nwkm, did you get your crossland? They asked me to topup 5k before last bid, so I canceled the deal. Now I’m thinking of other cars, or maybe just renew my coe.

Hi @xia0pan9, I did not get the car. They are processing my refund now.

SE told me after 1st round of Jan 19 bidding that I will 'likely need to top up as at that point the car has increased by $5k (during Suntec Car Show period). However as I am existing customer this $5k top up could be negotiable.'

I feel cheated by Auto Germany especially the SE. During Oct 18 Car Expo, the COE then was around $25k. From Oct 18 to Jan 19, the COE only increased by $1k+ but he wanted me to top up for a couple of thousands more. Don't make sense to me. It seems to me that Auto Germany predict COE will drop to $20k or lower... which they got it wrong.

I felt that they wasted 3 months of my time. If I have confirm the other car (that I saw in Car Expo), I would likely got it now even though the price was higher.

I will not recommend Auto Germany or Opel based on this bad experience with them.

Anyway I would like to thank the bros here who have given valuable advise and wishing everyone a Happy Lunar New Year!

Edited by Nwkm

Not sure if you are aware that crossland ves has reduced by 10k. This means AG has 10k more buffer. No idea why they can’t deliver. The only reason I can think of Is they are after more profit

Not sure if you are aware that crossland ves has reduced by 10k. This means AG has 10k more buffer. No idea why they canât deliver. The only reason I can think of Is they are after more profit

VES had not reduced. Its C1 now, increased since I bought the car in June 2018.

Few opel models ves has increased to C2.

AG were just gambling on coe to drop that is why all the cars during expo were sold on non-guaranteed bid.

Edited by pds11

VES had not reduced. Its C1 now, increased since I bought the car in June 2018.

Few opel models ves has increased to C2.

AG were just gambling on coe to drop that is why all the cars during expo were sold on non-guaranteed bid.

Refer to the attach image of the price list.  It was C2 previously before Jan 24.

post-127858-0-44145400-1548719229_thumb.png

post-127858-0-20316400-1548719234_thumb.png

• Praise 2

Both the Crossland and Grandland were band C2 from July 2018 with a VES surcharge of 20k.

Based on the price list updates, the screen shot above is dated 14 Jan 2019 where Crossland was C2.

There is an update on 15 Jan 2019 where the Crossland was band to C1 where the homologation was approved

Later on 26 Jan 2019, the Grandland was also reduced to C1 from C2 with the price list updates.

Those who bought their Crosslands in 2018 post-July, I believed they were priced at 79,777, 82,777 or 89777 depending on which trim you ordered.

Assuming its OMV is around $21k plus/minus, with another $23+/- ARF and another $20K VES surcharge, deducting them from the selling price will get you less than $20k left for COE bidding.

This price excludes SE comm, free servicing, warranty support, registration, IU, in-car camera, solar film, number plates, road tax, etc including hidden costs.

With the COE price about $25K region, and a contract of 6-bid non-guaranteed. How much chance do buyers think they can get the car to be delivered?

I do agree to a certain extend AG is betting COE to drop below $20K and pending the homologation is VES banding to be reduced, they could have made known this attractive low price might comes with a top up or refund. Of cos, putting this in front will pissed off buyers and it also does not do good to both buyers and themselves.

For buyers, always do your homework and query when you buy non-guaranteed COE package.

I understand that those who did not get their COE on Jan's first round bidding were offered a 3-4K top up. I knew of 2 cases from my SE.

To make you feel better, buyers who bought the cars prior to July 2018 has them band neutral with no surcharge and guaranteed COE but car selling price of $20K more than what you have booked.

Cheers.

Edited by Wormee

Hi @xia0pan9, I did not get the car. They are processing my refund now.

SE told me after 1st round of Jan 19 bidding that I will 'likely need to top up as at that point the car has increased by $5k (during Suntec Car Show period). However as I am existing customer this $5k top up could be negotiable.'

I feel cheated by Auto Germany especially the SE. During Oct 18 Car Expo, the COE then was around $25k. From Oct 18 to Jan 19, the COE only increased by $1k+ but he wanted me to top up for a couple of thousands more. Don't make sense to me. It seems to me that Auto Germany predict COE will drop to $20k or lower... which they got it wrong.

I felt that they wasted 3 months of my time. If I have confirm the other car (that I saw in Car Expo), I would likely got it now even though the price was higher.

I will not recommend Auto Germany or Opel based on this bad experience with them.

Anyway I would like to thank the bros here who have given valuable advise and wishing everyone a Happy Lunar New Year!

Wah. This is the first time I heard that AD cannot fulfil. Maybe I was lucky as all my cars bought from different ADs for the last 20 years did not require me to top up.

Both the Crossland and Grandland were band C2 from July 2018 with a VES surcharge of 20k.

Based on the price list updates, the screen shot above is dated 14 Jan 2019 where Crossland was C2.

There is an update on 15 Jan 2019 where the Crossland was band to C1 where the homologation was approved

Later on 26 Jan 2019, the Grandland was also reduced to C1 from C2 with the price list updates.

Those who bought their Crosslands in 2018 post-July, I believed they were priced at 79,777, 82,777 or 89777 depending on which trim you ordered.

Assuming its OMV is around $21k plus/minus, with another $23+/- ARF and another $20K VES surcharge, deducting them from the selling price will get you less than $20k left for COE bidding.

This price excludes SE comm, free servicing, warranty support, registration, IU, in-car camera, solar film, number plates, road tax, etc including hidden costs.

With the COE price about $25K region, and a contract of 6-bid non-guaranteed. How much chance do buyers think they can get the car to be delivered?

I do agree to a certain extend AG is betting COE to drop below $20K and pending the homologation is VES banding to be reduced, they could have made known this attractive low price might comes with a top up or refund. Of cos, putting this in front will pissed off buyers and it also does not do good to both buyers and themselves.

For buyers, always do your homework and query when you buy non-guaranteed COE package.

I understand that those who did not get their COE on Jan's first round bidding were offered a 3-4K top up. I knew of 2 cases from my SE.

To make you feel better, buyers who bought the cars prior to July 2018 has them band neutral with no surcharge and guaranteed COE but car selling price of $20K more than what you have booked.

Cheers.

My car OMV is 24K and AG registered car under open cat COE that was about 38k (May 2nd round bid) and on top of that they threw in extra few $K discount for in-house finance and insurance. At that time also it didn't make sense of their pricing.

IMHO Alpine group is making money on financing, which every Opel owner must have opted for because of the lucrative deal they offer.

Also, its for sure Opel will be offering performance incentives to capture the market.

My car OMV is 24K and AG registered car under open cat COE that was about 38k (May 2nd round bid) and on top of that they threw in extra few $K discount for in-house finance and insurance. At that time also it didn't make sense of their pricing.

IMHO Alpine group is making money on financing, which every Opel owner must have opted for because of the lucrative deal they offer.

Also, its for sure Opel will be offering performance incentives to capture the market.

Bro, do share your car price during that time. I believed there is still a little profit (not as much as we think) as the VES Band is neutral. Note that the paid up by AG is 20k lesser.

Bro, do share your car price during that time. I believed there is still a little profit (not as much as we think) as the VES Band is neutral. Note that the paid up by AG is 20k lesser.

I paid about 97K with 1 year road tax.

I think profit would be about 7K for AG. But we haven't factored in commission of SA and other overheads which makes me think they are selling the car at cost.

There is difference of 12k in coe also now.

When I visited car expo my SA told me that prices are for delivery of car by end December or January. They must have been trying to get the car certified for lower band or waiting for new batch of cars with some changes for lower emissions and that's how delivery time must have been set.

I don't think AG delivered that car to anyone at lower price before they got ves clearance for lower band.

IMHO its one of the most feature packed car on the market below 100K.

Edited by pds11

I paid about 97K with 1 year road tax.

I think profit would be about 7K for AG. But we haven't factored in commission of SA and other overheads which makes me think they are selling the car at cost.

There is difference of 12k in coe also now.

When I visited car expo my SA told me that prices are for delivery of car by end December or January. They must have been trying to get the car certified for lower band or waiting for new batch of cars with some changes for lower emissions and that's how delivery time must have been set.

I don't think AG delivered that car to anyone at lower price before they got ves clearance for lower band.

IMHO its one of the most feature packed car on the market below 100K.

There you go. At least it is still positive or zero nett profit. (You are right they still profit from bank loans and insurance).

Post July 2018, based on selling price with a surcharge of 20K, that will be a negative profit which is impossible.

And yes agreed that it's a packed car of a sub 100k category.

How reliable are Opel? Previous Opels were built in Germany but the Crossland X is built in Spain.

Anyone here has experience ?

owning crossland x almost a year. mileage almost 30k. no major issue. just go for regular car servicing. battery still strong. notice engine produce less heat than most other brands. love the hydraulic bonnet lift.

owning crossland x almost a year. mileage almost 30k. no major issue. just go for regular car servicing. battery still strong. notice engine produce less heat than most other brands. love the hydraulic bonnet lift.

Did you get the classic, enjoy or innovation variant?

I'm going to test drive it this weekend. Mulling this or Kia Stonic.

↡ Advertisement