Air compressor - convert from screw-in to clip-on

Kklee

As above.  Any idea where such an adaptor can be found locally? 

Not sure what you wanted.

If you wanted a quick-disconnect adaptor for your air compressor, those industrial hardware stores would be able to provide. Bring along the existing air compressor connector and the air hose for the store to have a look.

Not sure what you wanted.

If you wanted a quick-disconnect adaptor for your air compressor, those industrial hardware stores would be able to provide. Bring along the existing air compressor connector and the air hose for the store to have a look.

Where are these stores located?  

Horme Hardware consider?

The air compressor is the one for tyres.  The screw thread size is quite small.   I think the normal air compressor will have a lot of parts available. 

Where are these stores located?  

Horme Hardware consider?

The air compressor is the one for tyres.  The screw thread size is quite small.   I think the normal air compressor will have a lot of parts available. 

Some of these hardware stores are located in Pioneer North area. Suggest checking Thegreenbook.com for hoses & fittings stores location near you.

I used to browse the Horme Hardware Ubi, and cannot recall anything that matches what you wanted. No harm checking with them.

• Praise 1

Some of these hardware stores are located in Pioneer North area. Suggest checking Thegreenbook.com for hoses & fittings stores location near you.

I used to browse the Horme Hardware Ubi, and cannot recall anything that matches what you wanted. No harm checking with them.

Ok Ok.  Will have to see how to go about it.  Thanks for the info. 

I have not tested the air compressor on car tyres but on bicycle tyres,  by the time I unscrew the nozzle and the valve closed, I lost about 5 psi.    [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Kklee

I think you are looking for this. Maybe check neighbourhood bicycle shop.

mrRuxstu4uw8_z95-IkvuEQ.jpg

The clip is correct but I need the other side to be screw thread.  

This place is very close to Horme Hardware and is where we buy all the fittings and tubing etc that we need for work equipment that uses compressed air. 

http://www.ablesin.com/

Best to take in your compressor and explain what you want to do...

Thanks for the website.  I will check it out. 

Ok Ok.  Will have to see how to go about it.  Thanks for the info. 

I have not tested the air compressor on car tyres but on bicycle tyres,  by the time I unscrew the nozzle and the valve closed, I lost about 5 psi.    [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Would you be able to pump extra to compensate for the 5psi loss ?

That what I do when inflating my car tyres. When the air pump hose is removed from the tyre, the air psst is about 5 kPa. So I set the pump pressure higher to compensate.

Would you be able to pump extra to compensate for the 5psi loss ?

That what I do when inflating my car tyres. When the air pump hose is removed from the tyre, the air psst is about 5 kPa. So I set the pump pressure higher to compensate.

It is an uphill task as the pressure loss is not always exactly 5 psi.  The issue is with the newer air compressor's screw-in nozzle as I have another air compressor, also screw-in but the pressure loss is very much less and controlled.

The difference is that the newer is digital and the other analog. 

↡ Advertisement