Can i still reuse my tyre after pump in sealant

JJaassoonn

Dear all bro & Sis,

Can i still use back my tyre if i had pump in sealant ?

hear from some feedback once sealant being pump into tyre, the tyre cannot be use and got to change new tyre.

it is true ?

↡ Advertisement

Not true.

Just go to the tire shop, they would clean out the sealant and carry out a proper tire repair.

Caveat applies: if the puncture is in an unrepairable area of the tire, then it cannot be repaired, sealant notwithstanding.

• Praise 5

Not true.

Just go to the tire shop, they would clean out the sealant and carry out a proper tire repair.

Caveat applies: if the puncture is in an unrepairable area of the tire, then it cannot be repaired, sealant notwithstanding.

Yes agreed. Tire can be reused. If the sealant can seal then the damage isn’t bad.
  • Praise 2

it can still be used :

Provided is repairable

get the shop to remove the sealant + dry + have it properly internal repair the hole

remember to re-balance it after remounted if without any marking of original position.

any form of external repair is only temporary repair. 

you have to get it inspect internally for any other damaged which cannot be seen from outside

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Dear all bro & Sis,

Can i still use back my tyre if i had pump in sealant ?

hear from some feedback once sealant being pump into tyre, the tyre cannot be use and got to change new tyre.

it is true ?

From my understanding, there are many types of sealants in the market. Which are you using? For most sealants you have to wash out as soon as you can as the formula will dry out and mess up the wheel after prolonged usage. The puncture that's fixed by the sealant is also not a permanent fix. It may leak again so it's best you drive to your shop to get it permanently sealed.

If you're looking for permanent puncture solutions without having to go down to the tyre shop to change a new set of tyres again, and worry about your rims getting damaged, you probably can consider TireCare Sealant.

FYI.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=3371

• Praise 4

it can still be used :

Provided is repairable

get the shop to remove the sealant + dry + have it properly internal repair the hole

remember to re-balance it after remounted if without any marking of original position.

any form of external repair is only temporary repair.

you have to get it inspect internally for any other damaged which cannot be seen from outside

Talking about internal repair, too many tyre shop are doing the easy way of external repair. Many drivers are not aware of it.

Talking about internal repair, too many tyre shop are doing the easy way of external repair. Many drivers are not aware of it.

YES

many drivers are not aware of it

But some drivers accepted external repair because is cheap and easy and fast.

some tire can be salvaged if repaired was done internally

some repeat pressure lost can be prevented if repair was done internally

some tire burst can be prevented if repaired was done internally

Internal repair is not GOD , But at least it help to lower the unnecessary problems to the lowest

Good & Cheap & Fast = almost impossible

GOOD & CHEAP wont be FAST

FAST & GOOD    wont be CHEAP

CHEAP & FAST   wont be GOOD

you can only Pick TWO

Go for Professional Shop you wont be wrong

tires are the only 4 contacts btw your car and road

just sharing MHO

• Praise 2

From my understanding, there are many types of sealants in the market. Which are you using? For most sealants you have to wash out as soon as you can as the formula will dry out and mess up the wheel after prolonged usage. The puncture that's fixed by the sealant is also not a permanent fix. It may leak again so it's best you drive to your shop to get it permanently sealed.

If you're looking for permanent puncture solutions without having to go down to the tyre shop to change a new set of tyres again, and worry about your rims getting damaged, you probably can consider TireCare Sealant.

FYI.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=3371

looks interesting, has anyone tried this brand?

↡ Advertisement