Back To School: CNA

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

5 ordinary seniors try and befriend 5 struggling teenagers over one school term.

But problems arise in the very first meeting. Can they get past the awkward gap? Would the teenagers open up at all? And would simply being old get in the way of our seniors' best efforts?

Read more at: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/catch-up-tv/back-to-school

If you can afford 40 minutes of time, watch this. Quite an interesting program. 

This is the first episode.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

5 ordinary seniors try and befriend 5 struggling teenagers over one school term.

But problems arise in the very first meeting. Can they get past the awkward gap? Would the teenagers open up at all? And would simply being old get in the way of our seniors' best efforts?

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/catch-up-tv/back-to-school/back-to-school-9247936

If you can afford 40 minutes of time, watch this. Quite an interesting program. 

This is the first episode.

the link page cannot see leh.

anyway, if I go mayb can, I old man but mix very well with younger ones.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Can lah. Recommended use Google Chrome web browser. So far firefox cannot. I anti IE so can forget about using it.

I think they do have something is common. The teens hit puberty, the old folks all day do nothing. So what is occupying their mind? I think they shy, don't want to say out loud in front of camera. [laugh]

Don't say teens I myself also got same problem when communicating with my parents. They still see me as a kid even though I hit 40 and have 2 kids of my own. Can vomit blood. Face my kids vomit blood also. Very busy. [laugh]

Dunno lah. I find older folks lack patience also. Always wanting to cut queue. Of course most ppl just close one eye. Can't really say them since they got weak legs and cannot stand for too long. Lacking the patience don't really bothers me it's the kan cheong spider thing they have in them I see liao buay tahan. When they use that to their driving behavior it's like magnified 10x. And the stupid pride that they have in them. Cannot loose to young ppl or else loose face attitude. Hello, it's not a competition.

To be honest I try to siam far far from older folks. I not shy to say this.

From the video you can see older gen folks aren't generous when it comes to giving praises...you know to motivate younger kids. Same for my parents. You will never hear praises from them. The most thing they do is give you a dressing down. Tough love.

I try not to do this to my kids coz I know how it feels. I praise them regularly and thei face lite up when their father praises them. As a kid, nobody praises me, not even a form of motivation. My teachers, nope, relatives, nope. This generation of ppl are kinda repressive.

I dunno whether you will agree with me. Maybe it's our culture or something. I dunno. I find that if they want to earn my respect....kinda difficult. Although they worked hard and made what Singapore is today. I find it difficult to like them.

• Praise 2