Intermittent Fasting (the IF warrior)

Tianmo

(edited)

3 weeks into IF since 9/9/18. Doing 12/12 at least 5 days a week, did a couple of 14/10. Eat as per normal. Only change is breakfast later and drinking kopi o kosong instead of the usual siew dai or creamer w/o sugar. Into short and slow workouts (jog or swim) for 30-50 mins around 5 days a week to keep basal metabolic rate up. Happy to keep to 118-123 bpm for runs.

Here is the results

Wt down 0.6kg to 69.8kg

M up 0.2 kg to 31.5kg

F% down 1.2 pt to 19.5%

F wt down 1kg to 13.6kg

Very encouraged by the results. Thanks.

And now remembers how hunger felt like.

Edited by Tianmo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

One thing I kinda missed after going IF for 3 mth is big satisfying sh!t every morning... now both frequency and volume have really gone down...

logically lesser input lesser output mah, but I guess it could also means more were absorbed and lesser passed out as waste.  [:p]

as long as you are clearing everyday, I suppose it is normal. However I find that carbs help me in bowl movements, so I will either take more fruits or have some root vegetables when bowl doesnt move, but so far everything in order, sometimes I go 2-3 times in a day.. .. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

One thing I kinda missed after going IF for 3 mth is big satisfying sh!t every morning... now both frequency and volume have really gone down...

Shit is basically undigested food...means you are wasting lesser food lol.

Neutral Newbie

I follow 16/8 intermittent fasting and immediately seeing the result. I lose 2 kg and rip off all of my belly fat(I still have less fat already). 

Intermittent fasting also encourages your testosterone to skyrocket. Combine with sleep well, eat fat, protein, and carb equally. Be more aggressive and competitive, you can increase your T-level dramatically. 

• Praise 2

I am surprised that i am still weighing the same after back from my New York trip even thou i was eating huge meals there. My wife gained weight and was also surprised i did not cos i had to eat my own huge portion and then helped her finish hers.

I was still doing 16/8 when i was there but not everyday. Too much food to try.

• Praise 2

Progress report for Oct. Continue to lose fats. Clocked 130km....mostly slow jog. About 4 20-laps swims. Most days 12/12.

Wt down 0.8kg to 69.0kg

M down 0.1kg to 31.4kg

F% down 0.6pt to 18.9%

F wt down 0.6kg to 13.0kg

post-210087-0-71110300-1540988739_thumb.jpeg

post-210087-0-78234200-1540988753_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 7

Progress report for Oct. Continue to lose fats. Clocked 130km....mostly slow jog. About 4 20-laps swims. Most days 12/12.

Wt down 0.8kg to 69.0kg

M down 0.1kg to 31.4kg

F% down 0.6pt to 18.9%

F wt down 0.6kg to 13.0kg

Not say want to discourage or what, but not much change; esp can see you are doing quite a lot. Hit plateau?  

Not say want to discourage or what, but not much change; esp can see you are doing quite a lot. Hit plateau?

In fact I am encouraged...still taking 3 meals within 12 hours...minimal lifestyle change. Ignore the mileage......last year ran more due to marathon prep....only drop 4 kg but gained back 2kg quickly after that.
  • Praise 2

losing close to 1kg in a month, while keeping muscle and losing fat. All this while going on a 12/12 diet eating 3 meals a day and doing some how the same exercise is discouraging? 

what is encouraging to you?  putting on 1kg of fat every month is encouraging to you? 

In fact I am encouraged...still taking 3 meals within 12 hours...minimal lifestyle change. Ignore the mileage......last year ran more due to marathon prep....only drop 4 kg but gained back 2kg quickly after that.

• Praise 3

Yah I also think it is very encouraging given you have just started not too long, and your body fat % seem to be the most affected while muscle mass remain the same.  [thumbsup]

Lai, 哥挺你!!!  ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

actually most important is functionally, whether u feel good working out and feeling strong. 

If u working out 6-7 days a week, even if your numbers look good, but u feel miserable also no use haha  [laugh]

I am surprised that i am still weighing the same after back from my New York trip even thou i was eating huge meals there. My wife gained weight and was also surprised i did not cos i had to eat my own huge portion and then helped her finish hers.

I was still doing 16/8 when i was there but not everyday. Too much food to try.

definitely it helps. I actually eat quite a lot even if i eat two meals a day.

• Praise 1

Progress report for Nov. Did 16/8 once a week, rest of days 12/12. Lost the most weight to date. Clocked 110km....mostly slow jog. Also usual swims and pull ups. I think waist lost an inch since I started.

This time lost a bit of muscle mass. How to tell brain I still need muscles? More weight bearing workouts? To see how next Month's numbers turn out. Intend to keep 16/8 once a week.

Wt down 2.2kg to 66.8kg

M down 0.7kg to 30.7kg

F% down 1.0pt to 17.9%

F wt down 1kg to 12.0kg

post-210087-0-73893900-1543989698_thumb.jpeg

post-210087-0-61192600-1543989720_thumb.png

Progress report for Nov. Did 16/8 once a week, rest of days 12/12. Lost the most weight to date. Clocked 110km....mostly slow jog. Also usual swims and pull ups. I think waist lost an inch since I started.

This time lost a bit of muscle mass. How to tell brain I still need muscles? More weight bearing workouts? To see how next Month's numbers turn out. Intend to keep 16/8 once a week.

Wt down 2.2kg to 66.8kg

M down 0.7kg to 30.7kg

F% down 1.0pt to 17.9%

F wt down 1kg to 12.0kg

wah...jelly u sia. 66kg only. i managed to hit 71kg only...then now go back up to 74kg due to no discipline. sian.... 

• Praise 1

wah...jelly u sia. 66kg only. i managed to hit 71kg only...then now go back up to 74kg due to no discipline. sian.... 

Still noob lah.  Dont give up hope....restart only. [laugh]  [nod]  [thumbsup]

How to effectively reduce belly?

Stopped beer for 8 mths liao also cut down on carbo, mostly two meals a day etc still very round middle section wise.

Started alternate days of jog-cycle-jog...plus push up, star prank, 45deg leg raise etc 5 times a week few weeks ago. Apart from feeling the legs are lighter, no visible improvement at all.

Can’t do much sit up becos of weak bones.

Wt down 2.2kg to 66.8kg

M down 0.7kg to 30.7kg

F% down 1.0pt to 17.9%

F wt down 1kg to 12.0kg

68kg, with 17.9% BF.. I think you have some define muscles..

↡ Advertisement