Intermittent Fasting (the IF warrior)

Tianmo

Does the timing for feeding window needs to be fixed?

Say today i had my last meal at 9.30pm, tomorrow my first meal will be 12 pm

Will there still be results if my first and last meal of the day varies day to day?

• Praise 3

(edited)

Will there still be results if my first and last meal of the day varies day to day?

Nope.  The windows need not be fixed,  you plan and decide them base on your own requirements. As long as you keep to a minimum 16/8. 

If you finished your last meal at 9.30pm,  your next meal will be 1.30pm the next day,  if you want your next meal at 12pm,  you need to finish your food by 8pm. 

Technically,  as long as you keep to a 16/8 schedule,  you sld see results,  but again how much depends on individual,  no 2 person will come back with the same result. 

The important factor is eat when you feed , and don't eat when you fast.  ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1

chief... teach you 1 way to resolve this issue

have 1 meal a day

Nope. The windows need not be fixed, you plan and decide them base on your own requirements. As long as you keep to a minimum 16/8.

If you finished your last meal at 9.30pm, your next meal will be 1.30pm the next day, if you want your next meal at 12pm, you need to finish your food by 8pm.

Technically, as long as you keep to a 16/8 schedule, you sld see results, but again how much depends on individual, no 2 person will come back with the same result.

The important factor is eat when you feed , and don't eat when you fast. ^_^[laugh][laugh]

Thanks, sounds like a plan, now slowly reducing breakfast intake, hoping to be able to do the 16/8 regime soon

chief... teach you 1 way to resolve this issue

have 1 meal a day

• Praise 2

Thanks, sounds like a plan, now slowly reducing breakfast intake, hoping to be able to do the 16/8 regime soon

IF is not a diet, it is just an eating pattern, it is not about how much or how little  you eat, rather it is about when you eat and when you dont eat. 

rather than reducing breakfast intake, and eating more smaller meals, you are better off starting with a 12/12 with regular meals. like if you take breakfast at 7am, finish you dinner at 7pm, and eat nothing till breakfast the next day. from there you can slowly adjust to 14/10, and finally 16/8 or longer. 

• Praise 2

Wei...i am still waiting for your atas meal hor, if u buy me atas meal, simi IF also put aside first [:)]

wei i think chief better go for if training under my bff

beauty more important

• Praise 1

Wei...i am still waiting for your atas meal hor, if u buy me atas meal, simi IF also put aside first [:)]

Maybe consider skipping breakfast, then only eat when cannot Tahan. From there slowly increase the fasting period to 16 hr...imho

• Praise 5

Plan to succeed/fail. I do recommend most people to start with nuts, a fruit with high Fibre or a salad when breaking fast.

The Muslims do it traditionally with dates... fibre with sweetness to awaken the taste buds. Though their fast is much tougher due to absence of water.

You have to understand our foods now are artificially selected for desirable traits like sweetness. Fruits that we eat now is probably sweeter than what was available just 100-200 years ago.

• Praise 3

My results after two months of IF. BF% went down to 19% and Muscle Mass gained. My progress is slow but it is improving with each month. :a-happy:

Starting with :

post-2654-0-91310700-1502412670_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-06775700-1502412707_thumb.jpg

Month 01 :

post-2654-0-94358600-1504832398.jpg

post-2654-0-89388900-1504832412.jpg

Month 02

post-2654-0-82568600-1507248622_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-19975700-1507248644_thumb.jpg

• Praise 8

Do we need to be on low or no carbs when on IF?

Not necessarily. IF is a eating pattern, not a diet. Whether you're a vegan or on ketogenic diet, and can still be on IF. So you can stick to your current diet and practice IF. Just treat it as a additional tool for living healthy ontop of your diet and exercise plans. Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

Not necessarily. IF is a eating pattern, not a diet. Whether you're a vegan or on ketogenic diet, and can still be on IF. So you can stick to your current diet and practice IF. Just treat it as a additional tool for living healthy ontop of your diet and exercise plans.

Thanks, havent 12 hours already feeling very hungry le [sweatdrop]

I am so used to taking breakfast for my whole life, think very difficult for my body to tune to no breakfast

I think I switch to taking breakfast and skip dinner

I am quite ok to go without dinner

• Praise 5

I am so used to taking breakfast for my whole life, think very difficult for my body to tune to no breakfast

Remember to take picture and share your weight  progress with us.  [laugh]

• Praise 6

Remember to take picture and share your weight progress with us. [laugh]

Kekeke woman got more body fats leh [sweatdrop]

First attempt fail liao [:p]

• Praise 4

Similar here. Needed a little breakfast and strong coffee for start of work.

Somehow I feel it's more beneficial to skip dinner and fast till next day.

Machiam more time to let body rest .

• Praise 1

Similar here. Needed a little breakfast and strong coffee for start of work.

Somehow I feel it's more beneficial to skip dinner and fast till next day.

Machiam more time to let body rest .

You are right. Some proponents of IF have suggested a similar concept.

But personally for me, it's harder to sleep with a growling stomach cos u can't drink water to reduce the hunger pangs. And also when I stay up late to watch cooking shows or on YouTube, u feel quite hungry. I've tried this and once started eating at 130am

On a theoretical basis, your body and brain recovers during sleep. New connections are grown and waste products are removed . Just like we constantly take protein for lean muscle growth, we should ensure the body is well nourished prior to that.

But this one no evidence one lah. Just my own preference. Theory doesn't necessarily translate to real world.

↡ Advertisement