Most Worthy Thread of the Month! May the odds be ever in your favor!

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

Hi all,

Wake me up when September ends....................

But before that happens, before September hands the rat race over to October, let's celebrate the Most Worthy Thread Winner for last month.

Congrats to @adrianli once again for your informative road trip thread with lots of pictures. 

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2711162-long-way-around-malaysia-road-trip/

We will contact you via pm.  [flowerface]

• Praise 2

Hi all,

Wake me up when September ends....................

But before that happens, before September hands the rat race over to October, let's celebrate the Most Worthy Thread Winner for last month.

Congrats to @adrianli once again for your informative road trip thread with lots of pictures.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2711162-long-way-around-malaysia-road-trip/

We will contact you via pm. [flowerface]

Thank you very very much for selecting my thread again.

• Praise 5

Can organize a convoy to these kind of places?

I, myself dont think I can do it. As you can see, I am not exactly a slow driver on the expressway. So keeping the cars together in a convoy, very difficult. But if, instead of a convoy, we have meetup points along the way, then would be ok.

I hope to get to drive to BKK next year. Not sure if anyone here is interested. Looking at two weeks road trip.

I, myself dont think I can do it. As you can see, I am not exactly a slow driver on the expressway. So keeping the cars together in a convoy, very difficult. But if, instead of a convoy, we have meetup points along the way, then would be ok.

I hope to get to drive to BKK next year. Not sure if anyone here is interested. Looking at two weeks road trip.

Pls do keep us posted and I'm interested in this carventure if my schedule permits...

Maybe 4-5 cars will be ideal...

• Praise 3

Pls do keep us posted and I'm interested in this carventure if my schedule permits...

Maybe 4-5 cars will be ideal...

Sure.

Looking at low season, around July if possible.

Internal Moderator

Hi all.  [flowerface]

Sigh it's already November and Most Worthy Thread of the Month September Winner isn't even out? Please forgive me. October is my equivalent of 'Wake me up when September ends'. So... October has ended!

Time to announce winner for September's winner!

Goes to....

@Heartlander for My Wish Came Through (haha).

Interesting decision you made there to multiply the number of cars owned not just from one to two but to two of the same model! Personally for myself when it comes down to narrowing vehicle purchase decisions, I'll always avoid buying the same vehicle that my other half already has. Just for the sake of having more variety etc.

So interesting thread there!

Congrats! We will email you to arrange pickup from our office!

Hi all.  [flowerface]

Sigh it's already November and Most Worthy Thread of the Month September Winner isn't even out? Please forgive me. October is my equivalent of 'Wake me up when September ends'. So... October has ended!

Time to announce winner for September's winner!

Goes to....

@Heartlander for My Wish Came Through (haha).

Interesting decision you made there to multiply the number of cars owned not just from one to two but to two of the same model! Personally for myself when it comes down to narrowing vehicle purchase decisions, I'll always avoid buying the same vehicle that my other half already has. Just for the sake of having more variety etc.

So interesting thread there!

Congrats! We will email you to arrange pickup from our office!

Thanks so much for the honour.

To share, beside the fact t hat I think B-class is a superior car that is worth to get, even to the extent of sacrificing 3 years of ownership instead of getting a brand new Jazz that can last 10 years for example, we under-estimated the impact the un-usually placed gear-stick that the newer Merce has at the steering wheel. After living with the ride for a few days, there is fear that if we get another ride of normal gear stick, there would be times when we could accidentally switch gear when we only wanted to activate wiper or side-turning signal due to confusion about which car we are in haha. No doubt there is no danger to the car, it could be dangerous on the road due to other cars around when my car speed changes drastically. But if the first ride I got had been of jap/Korean origin, then almost definitely I would have ended with 2 different rides haha.

Anyway hope other could benefit from my experience, and have less hesitation in choosing something that is perceived to be expensive to maintain instead of the usual plain vanilla rides. Loving this B ride more and more as it is really chockful of useful features.

And I am glad that my effort got rewarded twice! Thanks again.

Edited by Heartlander
  • Praise 2