Most Worthy Thread of the Month! May the odds be ever in your favor!

BabyBlade

Hi all,

Most Worthy Thread of the Month (December 2017)

Goes to PhilipKee for the thread on his visit to Pearl Harbor for the observance ceremony. I am also actually a big fan of the movie Pearl Harbor. I have a huge ass poster from the movie all framed up on the wall of my living room that I had gotten in the mid 2000s.

Here’s his winning thread from December:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2706878-trip-to-hawaii-dec-2017/

@PhilipKee is also a longtime contributor to the forum over the years. I am a silent reader of his AMA about nursing thread.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2697598-im-a-nurse-ask-me-anything-about-nursing/

I will be contacting you via PM to facilitate the collection of vouchers.

why silent ??  暗恋吗  [grin]

• Praise 4

Thanks everyone. Did not expect to win anything. Hahaha. But at least it was not the thread on the finding a foreign wife that resulted in the win. Otherwise, the jokes will never end. Cos a lot of people in real life know who I am.

Hope to see you all in the next meet up if it's my off day.

Cheers and have a great weekend.

• Praise 6

Hi all,

Most Worthy Thread of the Month (January 2018)

Goes to @carbon82 once again.

His winning thread: http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2707231-all-about-automotive-brand-model-and-logo/

I will be contacting you via PM to facilitate the collection of vouchers.

First of all, thank you for appreciating the info I have shared. I am very delighted and honored to be nominated as the winner, and hopefully this signified a good start for me in 2018 and the Chinese year of Dog.

However, MCF have many other contributors and it is only fair that the award be given to the others that has shared valuable / meaningful posts all these while. As such, may I be allowed to give up my prize for this round?

I would want to nominate @lala81 to be the recipient of this award instead, for this particular thread:

Human interest stories about Unconditional love. I hope his thread can bring awareness to members here, keeping a lookout for the less fortunate, and doing their little part to help make our society better.

Although he started the thread in Dec 2017, but technically it was just half a day before Jan 2018, so can you close 1 eye please? My sincere apologies if I have went overboard, attempting to over write the team decision, but I think it is fair and right for me to do that, just for this time. Thanks for your kind understanding and necessary action. Have a good week ahead. [flowerface] [flowerface]

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 9

Internal Moderator

First of all, thanks for appreciating the info I have shared. I am very happy and honored to be nominated as the winner, and hopefully this signified a good start for me in 2018 and the Chinese year of Dog.

However, MCF have many other contributors and it is only fair that the award be given to the others that has shared valuable / meaningful posts all these while. As such, may I be allowed to give up my prize for this round?

I would want to nominate @lala81 to be the recipient of this award instead, for this particular thread:

Human interest stories about Unconditional love.

Although he started the post in Dec 2017, but technically it was just half a day before Jan 2018, so can you close 1 eye? My apologies if I have gone over the board to over write the team decision, but I think it is fair and right for me to do that, just for this time. Thanks and have a good week ahead. [flowerface] [flowerface]

Hi @Carbon82! 

I think it goes back to our guidelines and definition on what's deemed as "worthy content". There are many other threads out there that has really good talking points, high participation from members and some also solid post contributions from members who are not the thread starter. 

We would like to award those contributors as well but that will be one too many hence we have to look back at our definition of what's worthy.

Every month we'll sieve through the new topics created to short list the nominees, which will then be voted by our mods. We are looking at content creation and engagement (to name a few) besides shareable content.

@Lala81 is one of those who have been contributing greatly to the forum and we acknowledge that but we'll have to stick with our selections criteria for now!

So... If you allow, I'll get the relevant dept to contact you regarding the prize collection!  [flowerface]

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Hi all,

Most worthy thread of the month of February 2018 goes to.....

*drum roll*

@heartlander for his thread on the Maxus G10! We love reading original content and reviews from car owners who have done their fair share of research online and spending some time out on the forum to share with everyone!

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2708701-maxus-g10-se-the-full-size-mpv-that-goes-under-the-radar/?do=findComment&comment=6344992

Congrats @heartlander! 

I will be contacting you via PM.

Thanks BabyBlade and MCF admin team for choosing this unpopular thread for this month"s award.

This really show the admin team here in harnessing the minority viewpoint. Thanks alot.

• Praise 8

Thanks BabyBlade and MCF admin team for choosing this unpopular thread for this month"s award.

This really show the admin team here in harnessing the minority viewpoint. Thanks alot.

congrats!

Internal Moderator

You're most welcome! Congratulations once again! You've got mail!  [flowerface]

I would say just because it goes under the radar of the majority, doesn't mean it goes under our radar. Haha.

Stole that line from your topic title.