Shark Fin Antenna DIY installation in 3 minutes

carloverguy2017

Frankly i find it quite ugly.... I hate the fat one on my car.

Some of my previous cars had antenna integrated into the rear windscreen giving a totally clean look.  Reception was no worse.  Now that is good engineering design.

• Praise 1

To each his own because stick antenna looks OK to me too.

Internal antenna also nice to have.

But I already have an antenna mounting built onto the roof of the car which ccost a lot of money to remove and patch it up, paint etc.

The Shark Fin antenna, I would say, its a 5.5 out of 10 satisfaction, thus my joke on the +5.5 points for RicerBoy status.

But the stock antenna looks like 3.5 to me due to its helical wrapped style around the rubbery flexi rod, which is slanted to one side due to rubber material. I hated that Helical coil look of the stock.

To each his own because stick antenna looks OK to me too.

Internal antenna also nice to have.

But I already have an antenna mounting built onto the roof of the car which ccost a lot of money to remove and patch it up, paint etc.

The Shark Fin antenna, I would say, its a 5.5 out of 10 satisfaction, thus my joke on the +5.5 points for RicerBoy status.

But the stock antenna looks like 3.5 to me due to its helical wrapped style around the rubbery flexi rod, which is slanted to one side due to rubber material. I hated that Helical coil look of the stock.

bro an advise. generally you should not peel the liner for the 3M tape off 100% as your fingers will be touching the sticky surface while handling . this is no good for the surface as contaminants are transfer to it reducing the effectiveness of the stickiness. you should peel of the liner abit , align on the plastic fin and slowling peel of while sticking on the fin as you press on the fin. for the car sticking is ok as you wont touch the sticky side since you are holding to the fin. just my few cents for you. 

• Praise 2

Shark Fin Antenna DIY installation in 3 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLMV8r4pG_c

Super easy to install.

Cheap to buy.

Up your Ricerboy status by +5.5 points

How much did you pay for the shark fin antenna?

I wanted to get one for my Tucson, but the stockists here don't carry it, and even M'sia doesn't have it. One stockist brought one in but said that it doesn't fit the roof of the car perfectly, so they stopped selling it.

How much did you pay for the shark fin antenna?

I wanted to get one for my Tucson, but the stockists here don't carry it, and even M'sia doesn't have it. One stockist brought one in but said that it doesn't fit the roof of the car perfectly, so they stopped selling it.

I bought from Wish Online Store.

Yes it doesn't fit perfectly.

Just DIY and notice a little gap due to curvature of the car roof doesn't match.

But Im OK with the gap for now.

$5 only.

I bought from Wish Online Store.

Yes it doesn't fit perfectly.

Just DIY and notice a little gap due to curvature of the car roof doesn't match.

But Im OK with the gap for now.

$5 only.

wah $5 only.  [thumbsup]

I checked the original one for tucson costs upwards of $200...

wah $5 only.  [thumbsup]

Tao Bao sure have but only if u have order from there b4 if not a bit of research to do... if not try asking in the tucson group in facebook...

wah $5 only. [thumbsup]

Concorde auto along jln lembeh kallang selling 40$ for j's racing sharking ant, provided it match ur ant base

I've used Tom before. Reception on pat w stock

A few suggestions:

1) use some masking tape or blue painter's tape with a measuring tape to find and mark the final. position of the shark fin before peeling the sticker backings.

2) clean the surface thoroughly with alcohol to remove any debris/car wax

3) use 3M tape primer to prep the surface to ensure maximum adhesion. 

4) before even installing the sharkfin, place it on and check for fitment (eg.  curvature fitment) before going ahead with the DIY.  $5 product, can just write it off as a wrong cheap online purchase. 

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, anyone experienced poor reception when the shark fin antenna is put in place? The reception is good when the shark fin is tangling. Any solution? Thanks in advance.