New cars with OMV under $20,000 and equipped with handbrake

Threeleggedman

Hi all,

I need advice on new cars with OMV not exceeding $20,000, equipped with handbrake and has the signal lever on the right side, Any new car models that fit the criteria except Lancer EX? I am not looking at SUVs due to physical limitations.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

My apologies for not giving more details. I have difficulty bending my legs and I use an elbow crutch. I was looking at Mazda 3, Kia K3 and the EX. I would like to know if there are other models fitting the criteria I have listed. In terms of reliability, which model is better. 

Note: I left out Honda Civic and Toyota Altis because OMV is more than $20,000 according to one.motoring 

• Praise 1

Hi all,

I need advice on new cars with OMV not exceeding $20,000, equipped with handbrake and has the signal lever on the right side, Any new car models that fit the criteria except Lancer EX? I am not looking at SUVs due to physical limitations.

Thanks

Hi bro, most bread and butter model from major Japanese make would fit your needs, e.g. Altis, Mazda 2, Sylphy, City, Swift, Attrage, etc.. May I also know what is your budget and other preference, say brand, hatchback, sedan, estate/wagon, etc....

Toyota Corolla Altis

11448_g49_b.jpg

Mazda 2

Mazda-2-Genki-4.jpg

Nissan Sylphy

Interior-Main.jpg.ximg.l_full_m.smart.jp

Honda City

2017-honda-city-interiors.jpg

Suzuki Swift

2017-Suzuki-Swift-interior-launch-event.

Mitsubishi Attrage

2014_Mitsubishi_Attrage_Interior.jpg

• Praise 13

My apologies for not giving more details. I have difficulty bending my legs and I use an elbow crutch. I was looking at Mazda 3, Kia K3 and the EX. I would like to know if there are other models fitting the criteria I have listed. In terms of reliability, which model is better. 

Note: I left out Honda Civic and Toyota Altis because OMV is more than $20,000 according to one.motoring 

According to one.motoring, Toyota Altis Standard OMV is less than $20,000. 

Unfortunately, Jazz is too difficult for me to enter as a driver. I am physically challenged. 

actually you can get any vehicle with electronic hand brake, because they are paired with auto hold function.

cars like Honda Shuttle is better for you as its easier to modify.

you need to make sure the dealer you buying the car from have a tie up with DBS, else you cannot buy with the 10 years loan

Hi bro, most bread and butter model from major Japanese make would fit your needs, e.g. Altis, Mazda 2, Sylphy, City, Swift, Attrage, etc.. May I also know what is your budget and other preference, say brand, hatchback, sedan, estate/wagon, etc....

Toyota Corolla Altis

11448_g49_b.jpg

Mazda 2

Mazda-2-Genki-4.jpg

Nissan Sylphy

Interior-Main.jpg.ximg.l_full_m.smart.jp

Honda City

2017-honda-city-interiors.jpg

Suzuki Swift

2017-Suzuki-Swift-interior-launch-event.

Mitsubishi Attrage

2014_Mitsubishi_Attrage_Interior.jpg

Thanks bro, unfortunately Altis is above 20k. I am looking for a sedan. I drive a CS3 now, spacious enough for my stiff legs. Sylphy uses footbrake right? I drive purely using my hands. I've seen the attrage, too narrow in front. I am also looking at at 1.6 litre car as I will be ferrying logistics for work.

How about Honda City? Should fit all your requirements plus reliability is good . Only thing is seats are manually adjustable, which may not be as convenient as power seats.

How about Honda City? Should fit all your requirements plus reliability is good . Only thing is seats are manually adjustable, which may not be as convenient as power seats.

I shortlisted. But manual seats like my current CS3 is a pain to adjust. I have poor lower body strength so I get upset at mechanics and valets who ignore my pleas to not shift my seat

I shortlisted. But manual seats like my current CS3 is a pain to adjust. I have poor lower body strength so I get upset at mechanics and valets who ignore my pleas to not shift my seat

Then K3's seat memory system would be good for you, can always get back your preferred driving position. 

Thanks bro, unfortunately Altis is above 20k. I am looking for a sedan. I drive a CS3 now, spacious enough for my stiff legs. Sylphy uses footbrake right? I drive purely using my hands. I've seen the attrage, too narrow in front. I am also looking at at 1.6 litre car as I will be ferrying logistics for work.

Corolla Altis (Standard model) OMV is <$20K. Can check here to confirm.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/open_market_value.html

Sylphy (the most spacious 1.6L sedan) is using handbrake as seen on sgcarmart and Nissan Singapore website.

651367_4b.jpg7.%20Built%20with%20purpose.png.ximg.l_4

• Praise 4

Sounds like your current car is already modified for your use. Recommend you renew COE instead. Most people with modified cars do that instead of buying a new one and spending money modifying it again.

Sorry to hear about it. Did u meet with an accident? Or it's since young?

Can I ask why u exclude suv. The height should be perfect for u if u have difficulty bending leg

↡ Advertisement