New cars with OMV under $20,000 and equipped with handbrake

Threeleggedman

Sorry to hear about it. Did u meet with an accident? Or it's since young?

Can I ask why u exclude suv. The height should be perfect for u if u have difficulty bending leg

I am disabled since birth. I have difficulty to even get in a Vezel or Qasqhai. It’s easier to lower the car, sit in and rotate my bum and carry my legs in.
↡ Advertisement

Sounds like your current car is already modified for your use. Recommend you renew COE instead. Most people with modified cars do that instead of buying a new one and spending money modifying it again.

i think depends on degree of handicap, the cars omv must be below 20k and coe is exempted i. e. dun ve to pay coe

Sounds like your current car is already modified for your use. Recommend you renew COE instead. Most people with modified cars do that instead of buying a new one and spending money modifying it again.

Yes, it’s perfect but like everything it has a lifespan no matter how much care u give to the car. Parts are getting expensive. More importantly, it’s reliability is not on par with the outlay.
  • Praise 1

i think depends on degree of handicap, the cars omv must be below 20k and coe is exempted i. e. dun ve to pay coe

U are right. But road tax and all other taxes remain on par with a normal car owner. The scheme also does not take into account the exponential cost of repair and ownership after 10 years. Also, I cannot sell the car for profit only scrap it.

Cars modified for disabled have no COE.

Anyway, as a bro has suggested, most Japanese sedans should fit the bill. But the best I guess is to go to the showrooms and check out the cars yourself if you can.

Altis and Sylphy seems to be the best bet.

Hi, maybe you can check with the Handicap Welfare Association (If I am not wrong) to see if they are still having collaboration with Toyota and C&C on disabled car scheme. That's was 4 years back when I knew about it. They will modified the car to fit the disabled at no or very min cost. 

No harm asking as it has been quite a while since I heard about it.

Take care. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

however, kia k3 signal is on the left, conti style.

Actually can use the MPD Extension Control Right Hand Turn Signal Lever Extension #EC3543B. It is sold in Singapore too. If u are using MPD hand control can even mount a ‘switch’ that can do left or right signal using your thumb and even a horn but the technician make know how to tap the relay.

U are right. But road tax and all other taxes remain on par with a normal car owner. The scheme also does not take into account the exponential cost of repair and ownership after 10 years. Also, I cannot sell the car for profit only scrap it.

should buy a reliavle

Have you check Sienta and Wish?

Both should be slightly below $20k.

And, the sitting position is between sedan (too low) and SUV (too high).

But I can't remember it is using handbrake or footbrake.

Hi, maybe you can check with the Handicap Welfare Association (If I am not wrong) to see if they are still having collaboration with Toyota and C&C on disabled car scheme. That's was 4 years back when I knew about it. They will modified the car to fit the disabled at no or very min cost. 

No harm asking as it has been quite a while since I heard about it.

Take care. 

Yes. I am a HWA member. My current car was done by C&C at no cost. I read that Mitsubishi Motors is longer producing the Lancer given that Nissan has bought over the company. I was considering the Lancer EX but I am worried about parts availability in another 5 years down the road. The Altis at 19,900+ cuts to close for comfort with the scheme

Have you check Sienta and Wish?

Both should be slightly below $20k.

And, the sitting position is between sedan (too low) and SUV (too high).

But I can't remember it is using handbrake or footbrake.

I will have to buy from AD so Sienta is out. The wish is good for work and in future if I need space for a wheelchair. I shall go check the Wish, although the OMV is 19,000+

Yes. I am a HWA member. My current car was done by C&C at no cost. I read that Mitsubishi Motors is longer producing the Lancer given that Nissan has bought over the company. I was considering the Lancer EX but I am worried about parts availability in another 5 years down the road. The Altis at 19,900+ cuts to close for comfort with the scheme

I will have to buy from AD so Sienta is out. The wish is good for work and in future if I need space for a wheelchair. I shall go check the Wish, although the OMV is 19,000+

AD selling Sienta as well

I thought I should share the reasons why my current Lancer GLX is a good fit so as to help get feedback from members here.

It has maximum viewing angles with a spacious front seat and good seating position to see the front of the car. This is something a Sylphy cannot give as the front of the car is too high. I will have constantly sit up to watch the front. An Altis would be the next best bet but OMV is an issue.

It was a reliable car until one day the car just died on the road. Turns out there were minute brownish sticky  residue floating in the fuel tank. I got the car overhauled at a cost of $6k plus. The damage was extensive. In case you are wondering, I only pump at SPC and sometimes Esso locally. After repair, the car was never it's old self, jerking violently sometimes despite changing all fuel delivery system components and rebuilding the engine and gearbox. A stroke of bad luck mean that I couldn't keep the car beyond what I wanted to.

↡ Advertisement