Hyundai i30 N

Toeknee_33

Ford is not reliable. There are multiple reports of ecoboost 1.0L and other engines also having similar problem.

Fair number of complaints.

Not a new problem for Ford... Their engineering is breathtakingly s***.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Not a new problem for Ford... Their engineering is breathtakingly s***.

You could say that for most Continental makes? I still hear things like oil consumption, even for premium marques... I mean in this day and age?

You could say that for most Continental makes? I still hear things like oil consumption, even for premium marques... I mean in this day and age?

At least the other conti makes aren't evil little s***heaps that try to burn you to the ground...

I haven't seen or heard Fords burning up in Singapore though...

If you look at fire safety recalls, Ford probably has the most.

The BBC link I gave above was as recent as early October this year.

Ford having fire safety issues with their cars is not new. The Africans had problems with their Kugas burning. One guy was even burnt to death as he was unable to escape from the burning car in time...

If it was just a few isolated incidents reported by a certain australian dude, I'd probably not take it too seriously. For BBC to pick it up...

It's like Boeing or Airbus building a plane and saying "I didn't know fire safety was MY problem, heck I just build things that can carry people and fly".

• Praise 2

I haven't seen or heard Fords burning up in Singapore though...

Thats smart. So that if you need to unload, no one is the wiser.

Just like A3, no one complaints about the DSG

any bros with real life comparison between the i30N and 86/BRZ? Still waiting for the day I can afford the latter, but the kimchi hot hatch is definitely on my radar as well.

• Praise 2

any bros with real life comparison between the i30N and 86/BRZ? Still waiting for the day I can afford the latter, but the kimchi hot hatch is definitely on my radar as well.

86/BRZ is in a lower class.

• Praise 2

Then it would be interesting if i30N price dropped by 5-10k in the coming months. Have you had the chance to drive both?

If you can find a way to PI the i30N in RHD, you should be able to enjoy the vehicle at low 1XXk figures. Based on the latest car pricing data by LTA, KMC's profit margin is double that of the regular i30  :o

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 2

86/BRZ is in a lower class.

Won't say its a lower but both are different animals.

BRZ and 86 are dedicated sport chassis 2 door RWD non turbo machines ideal for drifting.

The i30N is more of suped up hot hatch fwd turbo tuned for power on B roads.

Both has its merits but the hot hatch as more appeal and practical whereas the coupes are niche.

For me I take the hot hatch anytime..

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 1

Thats smart. So that if you need to unload, no one is the wiser.

Just like A3, no one complaints about the DSG

I m on the facelift 2017 A3 n clocked 60K km with no DSG issue so far. Pre facelift A3s does have DSG failure among owners & they have to either go to PA to change MU to change the whole DSG outside.

• Praise 1

For hot hatch comparison, I wonder how is the i30N vs Toyota Yaris GRMN.

Saw a sponsored fb post (Cars & Coffee JDM, I think) advertising the GRMN, not sure if any on the roads in sg..

Won't say its a lower but both are different animals.

BRZ and 86 are dedicated sport chassis 2 door RWD non turbo machines ideal for drifting.

The i30N is more of suped up hot hatch fwd turbo tuned for power on B roads.

Both has its merits but the hot hatch as more appeal and practical whereas the coupes are niche.

For me I take the hot hatch anytime..

Saw a sponsored fb post (Cars & Coffee JDM, I think) advertising the GRMN, not sure if any on the roads in sg..

you need to go ask how much for the GRMN!!!

• Praise 1

This looks good!!

Did they decal up the sides as well?

YBwr8iN.jpg

The GRMN is a much taller and smaller car. Being a 4 door hatch, I though the i30n would be more practical than the 2 door Yaris. Though I figured the GRMN could be punchier given it's light-weight. Is it running on torsion beam?

Also, the looks of the GRMN (or any toyota) doesn't seem to grow in me as much as the i30n.

↡ Advertisement