Hyundai i30 N

Toeknee_33

YBwr8iN.jpg

The GRMN is a much taller and smaller car. Being a 4 door hatch, I though the i30n would be more practical than the 2 door Yaris. Though I figured the GRMN could be punchier given it's light-weight. Is it running on torsion beam?

Also, the looks of the GRMN (or any toyota) doesn't seem to grow in me as much as the i30n.

it cost more than a type R. honestly, i would go for the typre r instead. lol. don't understand what the dealer is thinking.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

it cost more than a type R. honestly, i would go for the typre r instead. lol. don't understand what the dealer is thinking.

High omv I presumed.

GRMN vs Type R I guess it's a no brainer..

I30N vs Type R is a different story... Lol

High omv I presumed.

GRMN vs Type R I guess it's a no brainer..

I30N vs Type R is a different story... Lol

My take is type r is still the pinnacle. but SG roads really wasted to drive that car. need so much more to push it. 

I30N(SG version) is so much more for our roads. just like GTI. punchy for city, enough power for our expressways. time to time have more fun at NSH. Satisfying. haha 

Haha tell that to our many millionaires and their supercars.

Any GTI / Golf-or-Roc R / Megane RS / CTR / (insert other hot hatch) owners given the N a test drive?  [laugh]

My take is type r is still the pinnacle. but SG roads really wasted to drive that car. need so much more to push it

I30N(SG version) is so much more for our roads. just like GTI. punchy for city, enough power for our expressways. time to time have more fun at NSH. Satisfying. haha 

Carens was being sold at a great deal because the model is being run out, no more this model and no more such good deal liao.

new model, price sure will hang as high as possible and see if any fish bite.

Octavia build quality is downright cheap bro. A powerful engine can't hide its cheap and outdated platform. 

Just check out the details and u can see Skoda still have a long way to go to match Japs and Koreans makes. 

And being a VW product, reliability will always remain a big question mark. 

Like I said above, I got a Carens SX recently at current Cat B COE prices. OMV $25k, I got it at $103k... so why is the base i30N so ex ley?

180k can get u the Stinger 3.3 V6 liao. That would be what the Koreans can really do.

komoco starting to wake up to not over pricing the car.

their BnB cars seems to be selling well..

saw lots of Hyundai these days. FL Accent, New Avante, new Sonata, i30, Kona...

havent get to see their i30N rolling around yet..

their BnB cars seems to be selling well..

saw lots of Hyundai these days. FL Accent, New Avante, new Sonata, i30, Kona...

havent get to see their i30N rolling around yet..

Actually the i30n specs look really attractive but pricing ain't very, can get civic turbo too.

Actually the i30n specs look really attractive but pricing ain't very, can get civic turbo too.

Lol dun joke lah. Civic Turbo vs i30N?

Civic Turbo competitor is more like the regular i30.

The i30N would match well with the Civic type R turbo... Then you see the price difference you will know the i30N is actually the cheapest in its class.

• Praise 1

Lol dun joke lah. Civic Turbo vs i30N?

Civic Turbo competitor is more like the regular i30.

The i30N would match well with the Civic type R turbo... Then you see the price difference you will know the i30N is actually the cheapest in its class.

True also but wah the pricing of i30 is way more competitive than civic turbo though. Only downside is that i30 uses dry clutch and the turbo lag.

Civic turbo not much lag when I test drove it and turbo kicks in at low rpm around 1500-2000rpm as well.

Thats why we seldom see the I30N on the roads. Majority will never want to spend so much money for a Korean car. 

Jap cars are different, People willing to pay a premium for it.

Conti dun need to say. Premium above premium....People just willing to pay.

• Praise 1

Thats why we seldom see the I30N on the roads. Majority will never want to spend so much money for a Korean car. 

these are from hearsay, naysay from the past.. 

there are still drivers out there who still think KIa/hyundai use Mitsubishi engines, gosh!! that's like 1 COE cycle in the past.

Komoco also not bringing large qty of the I30N making them harder to get and able to keep prices higher.

See the new Swift Sports, Ain't cheap also with the 1.4T boosterjet engine as they are limited in available Qty.

but like @makea said, the i30N is a different category with the Civic 1.5Turbo and the SSS ZC33s.

more in line with the latest hot hatches, Megane RS, CivicTypeR, FocusRS, Golf GTI,Cupra

• Praise 1

Only badge whores and those unaware will think the i30n is Korean. Only the badge is korean, the car is wholly assembled and built in Czech Republic like skoda.
  • Praise 1

these are from hearsay, naysay from the past.. 

there are still drivers out there who still think KIa/hyundai use Mitsubishi engines, gosh!! that's like 1 COE cycle in the past.

Komoco also not bringing large qty of the I30N making them harder to get and able to keep prices higher.

See the new Swift Sports, Ain't cheap also with the 1.4T boosterjet engine as they are limited in available Qty.

but like @makea said, the i30N is a different category with the Civic 1.5Turbo and the SSS ZC33s.

more in line with the latest hot hatches, Megane RS, CivicTypeR, FocusRS, Golf GTI,Cupra

I think within hot hatches, there are different categories. The non-performance models of i30N, GTI and MRS are in a lower category, while their performance models with their performance goodies compete against the CTR, FRS and Golf R.

Edited by Falc

True also but wah the pricing of i30 is way more competitive than civic turbo though. Only downside is that i30 uses dry clutch and the turbo lag.

Civic turbo not much lag when I test drove it and turbo kicks in at low rpm around 1500-2000rpm as well.

Obviously a KB warrior who has not even seen the I30N in person.

I30N comes with a good old 6sp manual la! SMLJ dry clutch DCT... 3 pedal will be the most reliable and robust among all types of GB and that will be an indisputable fact. Have u seen a broken down stickshift box b4?

Parts and replacements of the clutch will be quick and easy. Stick shift cars will have significantly lower maint cost in the long run as compared to any automatics.. esp CVT... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1