Hyundai i30 N

Toeknee_33

Obviously a KB warrior who has not even seen the I30N in person.

I30N comes with a good old 6sp manual la! SMLJ dry clutch DCT... 3 pedal will be the most reliable and robust among all types of GB and that will be an indisputable fact. Have u seen a broken down stickshift box b4?

Parts and replacements of the clutch will be quick and easy. Stick shift cars will have significantly lower maint cost in the long run as compared to any automatics.. esp CVT... 

He is talking about the regular i30

↡ Advertisement

I30N comes with a good old 6sp manual la! SMLJ dry clutch DCT... 3 pedal will be the most reliable and robust among all types of GB and that will be an indisputable fact. Have u seen a broken down stickshift box b4?

Parts and replacements of the clutch will be quick and easy. Stick shift cars will have significantly lower maint cost in the long run as compared to any automatics.. esp CVT...

Chill bro... it's the i30...

Hahaha read properly first. I30 leh. Chill and relax. Don’t be the KB warrior like u said.

i30N, Golf R, WRX etc are targeted on car enthu who like "cars" per se and technically inclined to specification. Not B&B for point A to B.

It has targeted group of buyers only. Don't think any of the manufacturer are selling in mass...

If i30N came in automatic, would be flying off the shelves la. Now it's manual only, people auto strike it off their list and go look at others like Golf.

Such cars will only appeal to a certain group of buyers.

True car enthusiasts who like their car raw and fast.

Previously when i bought my WRX STI hatchback for $184k, many people called me crazy too. Lol

• Praise 1

If i30N came in automatic, would be flying off the shelves la. Now it's manual only, people auto strike it off their list and go look at others like Golf.

This car is still more target at Europe market.

Manual car are still more popular there.

This car is still more target at Europe market.

Manual car are still more popular there.

Actually there is an auto version, but it's the more powerful engine. With our tax structure, it won't be as attractive compared to the established hot hatches.

Actually there is an auto version, but it's the more powerful engine. With our tax structure, it won't be as attractive compared to the established hot hatches.

There is no auto variant for the i30n, only the regular i30 because the gb is unable to handle the torque output of the i30n.

But one is currently under development and will come out sometime in late 2019 or 2020

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 1

There is no auto variant for the i30n, only the regular i30 because the gb is unable to handle the torque output of the i30n.

But one is currently under development and will come out sometime in late 2019 or 2020

Hmm ok, was under the impression there's auto i30N overseas. Hope the DCT will come to SG next year.

Hmm ok, was under the impression there's auto i30N overseas. Hope the DCT will come to SG next year.

With that kind of torque, need much beefier clutches to take the force plus the expectation that drivers will push the car to the max and also Hyundai's sales pitch as a track ready car will encourage racers to really push the limits of the gearbox, especially with paddle shifter, so easy to rack up and down the gears without a thought for the clutching... easier to make a bulletproof manual gearbox and establish early reliability numbers than to go with a highly complicated dual clutch that may fail and tarnish all the good work done for the N sub-brand... that's what I think lar... plus manual gets more street cred from auto journalists... Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 1

True also but wah the pricing of i30 is way more competitive than civic turbo though. Only downside is that i30 uses dry clutch and the turbo lag.

Civic turbo not much lag when I test drove it and turbo kicks in at low rpm around 1500-2000rpm as well.

Most if not all modern cars with turbo nowadays also have their torque come in pretty early.. like 1400-1500rpm. The i30.. or the N version.. or my Stinger (same engine as the i30N, only different transmission) or the Civic turbo. 

• Praise 2

Most if not all modern cars with turbo nowadays also have their torque come in pretty early.. like 1400-1500rpm. The i30.. or the N version.. or my Stinger (same engine as the i30N, only different transmission) or the Civic turbo. 

Low-pressure turbo mah, causes the car to have a bit more low-end grunt.

Pretty much like a diesel really.

Too bad for our diesel tax!

• Praise 1

Only badge whores and those unaware will think the i30n is Korean. Only the badge is korean, the car is wholly assembled and built in Czech Republic like skoda.

you really sure Czech republic can be better?
  • Praise 1

it's right next to germany, and has a huge auto industry. all talents are right next to one another. so question will be why not?

• Praise 1

Isn't Skoda still assembled in the Czech Republic? The quality not bad what... anyway, it's the QC and the market segment that the company wants to achieve that matters more in the end rather than the country of manufacture or assembly... I mean iPhones have impeccable build quality... they're all assembled in China... but they're good because of the standard that Apple sets rather than being manufactured in China lor... Volvo also now manufactures in China... they're shipping their cars to Europe from China... shows they're confident of their quality control in their factories...

The i30N is for people who still knows how to drive, who still value max performance plus max control, and for people who are expecting max durability from the most efficient type of gb in today's auto world. And even when they fried the clutch plates, replacement is easy and parts are cheap. 

Anything else, well the i30N certainly not meant for u guys. Hyundai grp must be praised for not forgetting what pure driving experience is all about.

Like that I might as well complain why Hyundai group didnt offer a CVT I30N? [laugh]  :D CVT supposed to be very efficient right?

• Praise 2

The i30N is for people who still knows how to drive, who still value max performance plus max control, and for people who are expecting max durability from the most efficient type of gb in today's auto world. And even when they fried the clutch plates, replacement is easy and parts are cheap.

Anything else, well the i30N certainly not meant for u guys. Hyundai grp must be praised for not forgetting what pure driving experience is all about.

Like that I might as well complain why Hyundai group didnt offer a CVT I30N? [laugh]:D CVT supposed to be very efficient right?

of course CVT not for this torque range, is general knowledge no need to mention.

if auto at least wet clutch DCT the best option

Isn't Skoda still assembled in the Czech Republic? The quality not bad what... anyway, it's the QC and the market segment that the company wants to achieve that matters more in the end rather than the country of manufacture or assembly... I mean iPhones have impeccable build quality... they're all assembled in China... but they're good because of the standard that Apple sets rather than being manufactured in China lor... Volvo also now manufactures in China... they're shipping their cars to Europe from China... shows they're confident of their quality control in their factories...

true, but some are country whores..

↡ Advertisement