• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
375 replies to this topic | 938 praises

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:32 PM

Doppel
  • Premium member
    Doppel
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Ya. I think if they put it at $150k maybe more ppl will buy lol.. hopefully not the price the SE told me..

VW Golf GTi list price is $167K...if i30N at $150K, only $17K cheaper.
JX83, Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:53 PM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i30N more powerful right?
Angcheek praised this

Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:11 PM

Eenick
  • Premium member
    Eenick
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I think only the performance pack is more powerful? The base i30N would be similar.

Plus if it isn't a cheaper by a large margin, i doubt anyone would bother to go for the Hyundai. Go for the tested and proven GTI.

Plus this is Singapore, so the stick shift already killed 90% of the driving population. So with limited customer base, they'd have to price it competitively against competitors.

How was Stinger priced against similar continental marques?

Angcheek praised this

Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:20 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think only the performance pack is more powerful? The base i30N would be similar.
Plus if it isn't a cheaper by a large margin, i doubt anyone would bother to go for the Hyundai. Go for the tested and proven GTI.
Plus this is Singapore, so the stick shift already killed 90% of the driving population. So with limited customer base, they'd have to price it competitively against competitors.

How was Stinger priced against similar continental marques?

Correct. If 170+k for i30N, likely it will be a showroom piece only. The more capable civic type R, FK8 is 186k will get that over the i30N if the diff is 10k.
For i30N to be successful, it has to be below 150k. 145k might do it. But one problem is the VES is likely to be 20k and that will hurt the price some. But I would think majority of the CatB performance oriented models will be VES C2 anyway.

Let’s see.
Angcheek praised this

Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:56 PM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Europe's the last bastion for the stick shift... sigh... I seriously doubt Hyundai will sell any i30N at $170K... automatic or manual... but good to have it in the showroom though... ha ha... halo product always nice to have...
Angcheek praised this

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:08 PM

Doppel
  • Premium member
    Doppel
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Europe's the last bastion for the stick shift... sigh... I seriously doubt Hyundai will sell any i30N at $170K... automatic or manual... but good to have it in the showroom though... ha ha... halo product always nice to have...

If $170K, might as well buy the Stinger 2.0T.
Carbon82, Staff69, benoit16 and Angcheek praised this

Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

Eenick
  • Premium member
    Eenick
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

If $170K, might as well buy the Stinger 2.0T.

Yes you are right.

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:22 AM

BlitzStryker
  • Premium member
    BlitzStryker
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

My guess should be around 140k to max 150k. As the Stinger is priced at 165k now, bigger and slightly quicker acceleration.

In fact, I hope KM will bring in Elantra Sport Turbo 1.6, if they can priced it at 100 to 110k (same price as Tucson 1.6T with same engine and transmission), I think it will be pretty good deal as compared to Civic Turbo at 120k.

Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:53 AM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    6th Gear
    Author Image

My guess should be around 140k to max 150k. As the Stinger is priced at 165k now, bigger and slightly quicker acceleration.

In fact, I hope KM will bring in Elantra Sport Turbo 1.6, if they can priced it at 100 to 110k (same price as Tucson 1.6T with same engine and transmission), I think it will be pretty good deal as compared to Civic Turbo at 120k.

But it'll be stripped down... a bit hard to compete if priced at $110K...

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:26 PM

Eenick
  • Premium member
    Eenick
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Still no news of any of the good hyundais
I30 if they had the SR trim would be good competition for civic hatchback
Angcheek praised this

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:27 PM

Golf7roy
  • Golf7roy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

kia said bring in i30n, and kia korea maybe doing a kona n. i will be those crazy type getting i30n as a daily drive. but i think they will price it maybe 10k below gti. around 20% markup from total basic cost

Angcheek praised this

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:30 PM

Heartbreakid
  • Heartbreakid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

kia said bring in i30n, and kia korea maybe doing a kona n. i will be those crazy type getting i30n as a daily drive. but i think they will price it maybe 10k below gti. around 20% markup from total basic cost

Kia  Hyundai.

Angcheek praised this

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:50 PM

Razer_Blaze
  • Razer_Blaze
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

i30N vs Golf GTI.

Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:04 PM

Razer_Blaze
  • Razer_Blaze
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Elantra Sport will give the Honda Civic 1.5 turbo some serious competition.

I hope the Elantra Sport will be sold in Singapore soon.

It is already for sale in Malaysia .

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:30 AM

Eenick
  • Premium member
    Eenick
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

If really $10K below a GTI, unlikely they will see many sales. Cause 99% of the population will go for the GTI. Haha.

Civic 1.5T has a hatch version (in manual) being sold by some Parallel Importers in SG.

Also a very interesting proposition.

Take a look!

Sdf4786k praised this

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:29 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If really $10K below a GTI, unlikely they will see many sales. Cause 99% of the population will go for the GTI. Haha.

Civic 1.5T has a hatch version (in manual) being sold by some Parallel Importers in SG.

Also a very interesting proposition.

Take a look!

That is true. A korean hatchback with no history vs a conti brand with established history, there's really not much reason to save the 10k.

Angcheek praised this

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:42 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Elantra Sport will give the Honda Civic 1.5 turbo some serious competition.

I hope the Elantra Sport will be sold in Singapore soon.

It is already for sale in Malaysia .

i own the elantra. albeit with stock 15" nexen tyres.

Unless the sport has different steering feel, i won't feel confident taking a corner at higher speed. Even turning in a carpark, i have to be more careful with how i turn the vehicle into the ramp vs my honda.

Frankly the current low powered 1.6L NA engine suits my elantra just fine cos i don't really want to take any corner in it faster than just cruising speed.

by all reports, the i30n and the veloster (in usa) has much more accurate steering feel.

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:30 PM

Golf7roy
  • Golf7roy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

the problem is the omv and total basic cost. for example kia stinger 2.0 omv 32147. total basic cost... 126490. gti omv 34515 tbc 122850

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:57 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

the problem is the omv and total basic cost. for example kia stinger 2.0 omv 32147. total basic cost... 126490. gti omv 34515 tbc 122850

You forgot to add VES penalty of 10k for stinger 2.0. Not sure if gti is also 10k.

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:07 PM

kelaihoyin
  • Premium member
    kelaihoyin
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i own the elantra. albeit with stock 15" nexen tyres.

Unless the sport has different steering feel, i won't feel confident taking a corner at higher speed. Even turning in a carpark, i have to be more careful with how i turn the vehicle into the ramp vs my honda.

Frankly the current low powered 1.6L NA engine suits my elantra just fine cos i don't really want to take any corner in it faster than just cruising speed.

by all reports, the i30n and the veloster (in usa) has much more accurate steering feel.

The sport has a 1.6T engine and a multi-link rear suspension I suppose there is plenty of difference in stability and control [:)]

Edited by kelaihoyin, 31 May 2018 - 11:07 PM.

2 Anonymous members praised this

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users