Hyundai i30 N

Toeknee_33

Hypersonic

Elantra Sport will give the Honda Civic 1.5 turbo some serious competition.

I hope the Elantra Sport will be sold in Singapore soon.

It is already for sale in Malaysia .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaTm4fZI2pM

i own the elantra. albeit with stock 15" nexen tyres.

Unless the sport has different steering feel, i won't feel confident taking a corner at higher speed. Even turning in a carpark, i have to be more careful with how i turn the vehicle into the ramp vs my honda.

Frankly the current low powered 1.6L NA engine suits my elantra just fine cos i don't really want to take any corner in it faster than just cruising speed.

by all reports, the i30n and the veloster (in usa) has much more accurate steering feel.

↡ Advertisement

the problem is the omv and total basic cost. for example kia stinger 2.0 omv 32147. total basic cost... 126490. gti omv 34515 tbc 122850

Twincharged

the problem is the omv and total basic cost. for example kia stinger 2.0 omv 32147. total basic cost... 126490. gti omv 34515 tbc 122850

You forgot to add VES penalty of 10k for stinger 2.0. Not sure if gti is also 10k.

(edited)

i own the elantra. albeit with stock 15" nexen tyres.

Unless the sport has different steering feel, i won't feel confident taking a corner at higher speed. Even turning in a carpark, i have to be more careful with how i turn the vehicle into the ramp vs my honda.

Frankly the current low powered 1.6L NA engine suits my elantra just fine cos i don't really want to take any corner in it faster than just cruising speed.

by all reports, the i30n and the veloster (in usa) has much more accurate steering feel.

The sport has a 1.6T engine and a multi-link rear suspension I suppose there is plenty of difference in stability and control [:)]

Edited by kelaihoyin
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

The sport has a 1.6T engine and a multi-link rear suspension I suppose there is plenty of difference in stability and control [:)]

OK watched redline reviews of it. Seems like the steering is also more direct than the regular elantra.

Twincharged

If really $10K below a GTI, unlikely they will see many sales. Cause 99% of the population will go for the GTI. Haha.

Civic 1.5T has a hatch version (in manual) being sold by some Parallel Importers in SG.

Also a very interesting proposition.

Take a look!

already a better GTi in a different skin like the Seat Cupra R with a better engine then the GTi and chassis as well as cheaper is not selling twice as much as a GTi. Why would a 10K cheaper with no track record i30N be a competitor ?

already a better GTi in a different skin like the Seat Cupra R with a better engine then the GTi and chassis as well as cheaper is not selling twice as much as a GTi. Why would a 10K cheaper with no track record i30N be a competitor ?

Exactly. Cupra R is nice!

Won't sell here... but will sell in Europe... that's the main target market...

The results should speak for itself. If it’s a Drivers car, the sales should spike. If it’s a wannabe the sales will be like the volester

The local Seat Cupra is selling very close to the GTI and although sales numbers are low, it is a nicer car to look at and better reviews in the most car reviews.

I think the i30N needs to be below both above in selling price as a start to get pple to buy, Hydunai and Kia have been progressing more than most brands in the world.

if the manual i30N is going for 150k listed and comes with all the stuffs and a sunroof, i may just trade in my car for it.

looking at some UK prices and local prices OMV, the i30N is about 4-5k GBP less than GTI on the base model..  a bit more apart on the higher ends options

• Praise 1

i find the seat looks better. i30n is manual . rumour next year will have some sort of auto. new mk8 to start next year, usually gti a year after that. alot to ponder

• Praise 1

Supersonic

The Hyundai i30 N Line is a hot hatch that's cooled down

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/hot-hatch/hyundai-i30-n-line-hot-hatch-thats-cooled-down

hyundai_i30_n_line_9.jpg?itok=8Y0IL5DV

This is the Hyundai i30 N Line, and it’s reasonably interesting. It looks like an i30N, for starters, and that’s one of the very best hot hatches on sale.

We’re used to this sort of stuff now, of course. S Line Audis are pretending to be proper Audi S cars, AMG Line Mercs are pretending to be proper AMGs, and so on. It’s a simple formula, one that everyone’s following.

The N Line is at least more in-depth than a wannabe styling pack, though. Beneath the surface is the 140bhp 1.4-litre petrol that sits at the top of the i30’s sensible engine range. While it has just half of the i30N’s power, it doesn’t have half the performance, still hitting 62mph in under nine seconds.

Hyundai’s fettled its response, too, while the suspension’s tweaked and the brakes are bigger. They sit behind larger 18in alloys – the first time they’ve appeared on a non-N i30 – which have some proper Michelin tyres on them. Even better, you get the i30N’s brilliant sports seats and taut, round gear knob.

Whether it’s all strictly necessary for 140bhp is another argument, but it’s nice that Hyundai’s adding more than styling. And it backs up what N division boss Albert Biermann told Top Gear at this year’s Nürburgring 24 Hours.

“When I like a car, we give it some attention and push it a little bit more. The mission for N is not only to make a high-performance car, but bring this thinking to other cars. Any of our cars is strong enough to make it into an N.”

So you can expect more like this. He described the i30 N Line as “not to the level of i30N, but with some of its spirit”.

Which, if you can’t justify a £28k Hyundai that just scrapes 30mpg, might be very appealing indeed. While prices haven’t been confirmed, we suspect the N Line will cost a good chunk less. Like what you see?

hyundai_i30_n_line_2.jpg?itok=v0LiZCIy

hyundai_i30_n_line_23.jpg?itok=u7LTlAUD