Your japanese car might not be as strong as you thought !

Ysc3

The Vios range has never impressed me in terms of their durability since their pop-star (Britney) launch in 2003.

That is quite true. I rem when i first sat in the vios moe than 10 years ago I thought I am sitting in a plastic car. No offence to anyone.
↡ Advertisement

Hahaha,no problem.

Anyway,i don't drive altis.Friend driving.Not bad.

He trash his car.Go hump never slow down at all,never wash car, just let rain wash.

So far still strong.I m quite surprise.

Altis is good. i already have a couple of friends renewed COE for their Altis

I happened to work in one of the company above and managed this vendor before. Their quality performace is very much better than its peer lei

if their quality performance is already so good, then why is there a need to falsify the quality docs...

hopefully its not too serious

Agree.The way my friend drives when I sit his car,I m surprise his car interior still doesn't rattle at all.

Some of the new car only few months old already got those abnormal sound don't know coming from where if you read this forum more you will know.

I wonder those car if let my friend drive whether it can stand my friend abuse anot or maybe some screws will drop out,lol..

• Praise 1

Agree.The way my friend drives when I sit his car,I m surprise his car interior still doesn't rattle at all.

Some of the new car only few months old already got those abnormal sound don't know coming from where if you read this forum more you will know.

I wonder those car if let my friend drive whether it can stand my friend abuse anot or maybe some screws will drop out,lol..

bro, u make your friend sound so jialat. i wonder what he/she does to the car?

if new car can have abnormal sound after juz a few mths, better to avoid those makes/models. i suppose non-Jap?

the body rigidity of Merce is quite tough, but the trunk seems to be quite light relatively, it notice it on both C and E class. maybe there is already impact zone, so the trunk cover is intentionally designed to be lightweight. Or my feeling is wrong.

Tough or not u put more soundproofing at door it will be hell solid

Most importants the steel cage is strong to withstand crash to protect the occupants.

• Praise 2

Go for those brands that have reinforcement bars within. Not all jap got. Apparently subaru has some serious tough steel within. Hearsay nia...do not know how true but nost mechanics claim so.

Edited by Andyngps
  • Praise 1

if new car can have abnormal sound after juz a few mths, better to avoid those makes/models. i suppose non-Jap?

As mention before,car park hump never slow down.But car park speed not so fast still ok.Those steet hump travel at much higher speed also never slow down.Maintenance schedule also every time overdue.Every time tell me no need to be so on la,10k must service meh?See my car,more than 15k still haven't send service,also nothing wrong what?never eat any engine oil etc etc.

Talk to him about car also waste my breath,haha!

u got to be kidding me... Jap cars got the most rattles u can find... i mean other than Msian China n Indian cars...

all the 5 MIJ cars i have driven are never without rattles... in order of worse to bad... Mazda, Subaru,Honda, Nissan, Toyota....

u might be surprised Hyundai has less rattle than some Jap cars... go try instead of hearsay... my personal experience... not hearsay

Audi A3 and Mercedes E200 are of different league... driven them for a short while...vs jap cars for the last decade.

• Praise 1

As mention before,car park hump never slow down.But car park speed not so fast still ok.Those steet hump travel at much higher speed also never slow down.Maintenance schedule also every time overdue.Every time tell me no need to be so on la,10k must service meh?See my car,more than 15k still haven't send service,also nothing wrong what?never eat any engine oil etc etc.

Talk to him about car also waste my breath,haha!

waa... let him have the 1st hand experience once he has to start changing the car parts. seems like no use talking to him abt it haha

u got to be kidding me... Jap cars got the most rattles u can find... i mean other than Msian China n Indian cars...

all the 5 MIJ cars i have driven are never without rattles... in order of worse to bad... Mazda, Subaru,Honda, Nissan, Toyota....

u might be surprised Hyundai has less rattle than some Jap cars... go try instead of hearsay... my personal experience... not hearsay

Audi A3 and Mercedes E200 are of different league... driven them for a short while...vs jap cars for the last decade.

haha i was subtly referring to the M, C and I cars which u mentioned.

Jap cars definitely cannot compare with Merc, Audi, BMW etc...

my Toyota no rattles even after 9 years though.

Totally agree. The first gen of Thai-made Altis is a resilient workhorse. My aunt traded her 2007 Altis in for a 2017 Altis to Borneo, and a few weeks later - she saw her old Altis on the road (she didn't retain car plate) and learnt that it had its COE renewed!

I think you might be the only one here that owns a Boeing jet.

Actually mine no need to worry about weak metal one lah:

post-17508-0-58280900-1508034949_thumb.jpg

But the ones that many here are taking quite frequently...  [sweatdrop]

Totally agree. The first gen of Thai-made Altis is a resilient workhorse. My aunt traded her 2007 Altis in for a 2017 Altis to Borneo, and a few weeks later - she saw her old Altis on the road (she didn't retain car plate) and learnt that it had its COE renewed!

yup... my friend was looking for a new car, after test driving a few models, concluded that Altis is still the best choice. since ppl are buying 9yo Altis to renew COE, he thought might as well renew his current one. conditions all still good.

waa... let him have the 1st hand experience once he has to start changing the car parts. seems like no use talking to him abt it haha

haha i was subtly referring to the M, C and I cars which u mentioned.

Jap cars definitely cannot compare with Merc, Audi, BMW etc...

my Toyota no rattles even after 9 years though.

I suppose your Toyota is brought new right?

My friend Toyota also brought new.

Do not compare second-hand car vs new no matter what brand cos not fair comparsion.

Because we don't know whether the previous owner got dismantle any interior to do whatever upgrades anot?And if the installer do a half past six job,then all the rattling music will come in no time.

Do not compare second-hand car vs new no matter what brand cos not fair comparsion.

Because we don't know whether the previous owner got dismantle any interior to do whatever upgrades anot?And if the installer do a half past six job,then all the rattling music will come in no time.

Bought*

Bought*

Because we don't know whether the previous owner got dismantle any interior to do whatever upgrades anot?And if the installer do a half past six job,then all the rattling music will come in no time.

agreed. too many variables when talking about 2nd hand car as we dont know what the previous owner(s) had done.

btw my Toyota is 2nd hand... think previous owner maintained well.

↡ Advertisement