When will LTA implement "Stop the Crash"? Or wait long long?

Jwee85

there was a study that shows talking on a phone with ear-piece or blue-tooth is very distracting! Talking with passengers will be different as the passenger will be your 3rd and 2nd eyes. I will ignore any calls while i am driving....serious! Sms oni used when i am stucked in a jam and will be late......the rest will have to wait for me to reach my destination.

true bro. as long as you are doing something else while driving, it takes away some attention and focus on the driving. reaction time will be slower in case of emergency. 

actually even with my earpiece, i also selectively choose whether to pick up the call or not. depends on who call haha... 

↡ Advertisement

true bro. as long as you are doing something else while driving, it takes away some attention and focus on the driving. reaction time will be slower in case of emergency.

actually even with my earpiece, i also selectively choose whether to pick up the call or not. depends on who call haha...

my wife calls also i wont pick up.......

driving manual got more control, and that's when can practise driving/coordination skills better, but at a previous job which require long traveling, when kanna stuck in jams, i buay tahan...

plus wife driving cannot really make it last time, ask her drive manual she rather not drive...  [sweatdrop]

plus plus my father still wanna drive (our car when we are not using it), and although he was driving a manual van until he retired at 78 year old, we think it's better that he doesn't drive manual anymore.

so bo bian, later on change cars all only consider auto. 

of the safety features, i think ABS is a must, as a car i was driving many years ago, had skidded when i jammed brake, and kissed a lolly in front... I think now most cars have this as default already.

driving manual got more control, and that's when can practise driving/coordination skills better, but at a previous job which require long traveling, when kanna stuck in jams, i buay tahan...

plus wife driving cannot really make it last time, ask her drive manual she rather not drive...  [sweatdrop]

plus plus my father still wanna drive (our car when we are not using it), and although he was driving a manual van until he retired at 78 year old, we think it's better that he doesn't drive manual anymore.

so bo bian, later on change cars all only consider auto. 

of the safety features, i think ABS is a must, as a car i was driving many years ago, had skidded when i jammed brake, and kissed a lolly in front... I think now most cars have this as default already.

I had a slightly different motive when purchasing manual cars last time.

My wife driving CMI, so I kept buying manual cars for 15 years so I am the only driving. :grin:

Ease the stress on my mind and pocket if she drives and gets into accidents.

PS: Tried to send her for refresher course last time, but she mounted kerb and cracked the rim due to panicked acceleration. End of story.

• Praise 1

Can earn money or not? if not then they implement for what?

Every policy they come up with, objective is the same one. Whatever your emissions or safety or EV nonsense, if cannot earn money they just won't be bothered.

They say say only.. as durable or lasting as our SMRT train? Maybe if the car or the safety features don’t break down in less than 4 years quite good Liao

too may aholes on the roads thinking they got skills just because they passed the A licence. Should just scrap the A licence......learn the basics of driving if not take mrt. Autos are for those that have driving experience on a manual because driving is not just about the gas or the brake pedals.

Bro.. don’t say that about me leh

They say say only.. as durable or lasting as our SMRT train? Maybe if the car or the safety features don’t break down in less than 4 years quite good Liao

Bro.. don’t say that about me leh

there was a study that shows talking on a phone with ear-piece or blue-tooth is very distracting! Talking with passengers will be different as the passenger will be your 3rd and 2nd eyes. I will ignore any calls while i am driving....serious! Sms oni used when i am stucked in a jam and will be late......the rest will have to wait for me to reach my destination.

Did the report stated the passenger that can be your 2nd/3rd eyes including spouse? They are more distracting to be honest.

Did the report stated the passenger that can be your 2nd/3rd eyes including spouse? They are more distracting to be honest.

not sure bro! But to me as they are in the car their well-being is also their priority thus they will also help to look out! Unless the passenger is nagging then that will be worse than using a hp. Its good to have company during a long drive.....which actually prevents one from wandering off or dozing off. If the passenger is a chio bu wearing short skirt.....hmm....hmm.....the eyes may just wander off....
  • Praise 2

Drive too fast,too reckless,ESP,ABS,AWD or Whatever nanny also useless..

true and not true.

Try this on rainy day. without ESP or ABS, IF a tree drop in front of you and you need to brake and swerve. 

Share with us your ESP, ABS,AWD story again when that happens.

Those that gone for the Audi driving experience will tell you, this helps eliminate a potential crash.

I somewhat agree. My wife and mom tend to freak out and shout at the smallest thing which in turn freaks me out because my car cabin not exactly huge and a woman's scream is very, very jarring. Luckily I haven't had to jam brake and have anything untoward happen. But SERIOUSLY!?

I somewhat agree. My wife and mom tend to freak out and shout at the smallest thing which in turn freaks me out because my car cabin not exactly huge and a woman's scream is very, very jarring. Luckily I haven't had to jam brake and have anything untoward happen. But SERIOUSLY!?

"a woman's scream is very, very jarring" ahahahah...

wait till you have kids screaming in the car too...

"a woman's scream is very, very jarring" ahahahah...

wait till you have kids screaming in the car too...

Tuned out already bro. Every day and night it happens. So much so that it's become "meh" already - so no effect.

Tuned out already bro. Every day and night it happens. So much so that it's become "meh" already - so no effect.

haha agreed. if that's the case then the "women screaming" should also have no effect on you... 

haha agreed. if that's the case then the "women screaming" should also have no effect on you... 

Eh.. Got difference bro..

This screaming...

c45094dad9ae6902376024ab43ba8f0d.jpg

... versus this screaming...

How-To-Stop-Your-Spouse-From-Driving-You

WORLD of difference bro. :grin:

• Praise 1

I agree but TP issue licence based on passing the driving centre tests. and with A license, many don't ever know the existence of gears not to mention how to take corners, avoiding obstacles, being in the correct lanes, adjusting speed even if it means going slightly above speed limit...

looking at the total population drivers, many are like that.

having said that, there are probably even more drivers, who who are very knowledgeable n skilful but don't know how to use signal sticks and don't know the existence of blind spots

I agree, more kids are taking auto lessons nowadays bc they believe that most cars are evolving and manual cars are starting to become pretty rare. I mean, there are AUTO VANS already! Even though auto TP test is definitely easier to pass, majority of these kids do not rlly know what they are doing on the road and often get themselves into accidents and risking other motorists's/road users' lives. 

I agree, more kids are taking auto lessons nowadays bc they believe that most cars are evolving and manual cars are starting to become pretty rare. I mean, there are AUTO VANS already! Even though auto TP test is definitely easier to pass, majority of these kids do not rlly know what they are doing on the road and often get themselves into accidents and risking other motorists's/road users' lives.

I fail to see the correlation between taking Class 3 and Class 3A in your last statement.

It's like saying majority of those kids who pass Class 3 really know what they are doing and seldom get themselves into accidents and risking other people's lives.

On the contrary, not having to juggle another pedal will give new drivers more confidence and time to watch out for traffic.

• Praise 2

I fail to see the correlation between taking Class 3 and Class 3A in your last statement.

It's like saying majority of those kids who pass Class 3 really know what they are doing and seldom get themselves into accidents and risking other people's lives.

On the contrary, not having to juggle another pedal will give new drivers more confidence and time to watch out for traffic.

ultimately it comes down to road sense. not so much to do with Class 3 or 3A licence. 

Accidents are inevitable because of the distractions or habits we have inculcated over the years. Apart from the traction control feature that the TS mentioned, driving under the influence, wet weather, speeding, signal-less lane changing, road bullies, confusing roads, car defects and irresponsible pedestrians are common causes of accidents as well. I think that every road user has a role to play in building a safer environment, agree?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1