Thinking of starting your own business? I failed miserably.

nuttyprofessor

To get the job TS just needs to clear the interview.

To clear the interview don't have to be the best candidate

don't even need to be the right candidate just have to know

how an interview works.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Same thing starts from our school system PSLE (tuition centres doing so well/ or tutors )....... just want to score by being exam paper smart

To get the job TS just needs to clear the interview.

To clear the interview don't have to be the best candidate

don't even need to be the right candidate just have to know

how an interview works.

:D

• Praise 5

This guy writes with the same font and the same storytelling style as archerub. 

This archerub claims to run a successful IT business, but is also somehow a PHV driver.

Go figure.

Whether i am right, maybe the mods can enlighten?

This guys also seems to be advertising his own web design and dunno what website. 

• Praise 4

It take a lot of courage to start a business if you are drawing a comfortable salary . Looking back, still break into cold sweat recalling how I started mine. Sold my house to accumulate bullets to start the business. If failed, will be without a roof over my head....

• Praise 1

i will never start a business if i dont hv the passion for the business i am doing.

If start business simply to make money and without passion.

Sure to fail.

for you, it has to be rolex business lah

2nd choice is cigar business

Nanz Chong Komo, entrepreneur who ran the one.99 shops became bankrupt and use that experience to turn around her life and also became a motivational speaker. Admittedly, not all bankrupts and failed business entrepreneurs will be like her but u got to be positive n make the extra effort to get your life back in order.

Whilst there will always be employers who look down on failed businessmen, I don’t think all are like that n there will be some willing to give u a second chance. Obviously, you will need to prove yourself more than the average Joe but you got to start believing. Don’t get into a self pity mode Nor should u be too sensitive about your failures, good luck n jiayou!!

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/back-with-fizz-after-the-fizzle

Boss, Nanz is a chio bu turned MILF..

All the tiko bosses sure give her some lobang one..

• Praise 10

Running my own business was a tedious affair that eventually went belly up, so was left with no choice but to return to the job market seeking employment in my mid-30s. Attended a few interviews and somehow felt the interviewers were looking down on me for having ran a company which failed. Haven't received any job offers, still on hunt for a suitable gig.

I estimated that I lost around 300k purely in opportunity costs accrued from not taking up a salaried role during this entire period, which needless to say makes for sufficient dough to buy a humble HDB flat to nicely settle down already.

I realised that once your resume makes mention of you having dabbled in a business venture previously or took up a self-employed vocation such as being a private hire car driver, your standing immediately takes a huge tumble in the eyes of prospective employers; you are deemed much less employable, ie expect to be basically grouped within the same category as former bankrupts and former convicts.

Why do I say that? Because its true. In their narrow-minded wisdom they expect a former bankrupt to become bankrupt again, a former convict to return to a life crime, a former business owner to forever dabble in uninspiring enterprises, a private hire car driver to remain a lowly chauffeur all his life.

More at Thinking of starting your own business? I failed miserably, consider yourselves warned.

Sorry to hear that bro but I think you gain wisdom that many do not. I have a few friends who failed in their businesses but they did not admit to their prospective that they failed. They said more of they do not agree with their business partners. In the end some of them get quite high post within the same industry as their businesses.
  • Praise 2

it does take alot of guts to start your own biz in sg. a country that you cannot survive in fsilure. 

many entrepreneurs just make it to survive. between working for someone and being boss, they stick on to biz just because of 2 reasons. better control of time and feeling of a boss. that is what i heard from most. not sure U/G drivers are also biz men hahaha

• Praise 1

It take a lot of courage to start a business if you are drawing a comfortable salary . Looking back, still break into cold sweat recalling how I started mine. Sold my house to accumulate bullets to start the business. If failed, will be without a roof over my head....ð

Sell house to start a business, not a wise move

In Singapore content, house is our last legit asset

Never never touch your house

I only heard of people sell house to pay business failure

But not sell house to start a business

Unless u are multiple properties, I got no comment

• Praise 1

Got difference meh?

Either way, the fellow is homeless.

There was a chinese idiom, about the general sink the boat and broke the axe, so that men can only chiong forward. That’s the way man!

Anyway, back to TS thread, actually the fact that most start ups fail in 5 yrs is well documented, getting a job in Singapore these days is difficult is well known, got salary can buy hdb is well publicisrf, got no money sibeh cham is well understood- not sure what is he telling us that we all do not already know.

I think TS's new business venture "Prolific Skins" need all the help he can muster to overcome his failure in securing employment? :D

There was a chinese idiom, about the general sink the boat and broke the axe, so that men can only chiong forward. That’s the way man!

Anyway, back to TS thread, actually the fact that most start ups fail in 5 yrs is well documented, getting a job in Singapore these days is difficult is well known, got salary can buy hdb is well publicisrf, got no money sibeh cham is well understood- not sure what is he telling us that we all do not already know.

↡ Advertisement