COE Renewal, will it increase for Nov

Agent008

Dont forget to do ah

Wait forget, waste money

Actually I renew sometime back Liao

I cannot remember by when must send in

Ok boss! I put a reminder on my smart phone to renew 2-3 days early before this month ends.

↡ Advertisement

Ok boss! I put a reminder on my smart phone to renew 2-3 days early before this month ends.

I only remember getting a cashier order to send in

Not sure why I needed to get a cashier order instead of sending in a cheque

I remember calling lta to check whether the transaction went thru

Think it was some time issue

I cannot remember exactly why

Zero growth coe + more people renew coe = less coe

Less coe = coe cheong

Coe cheong = more people renew coe

Coe lagi cheong

MwZYz_s-200x150.gif

• Praise 1

If the car's coe is going to expire in mid March 18, any advice when is the most appropriate time to renew?

My advise would be asap! I predict 'si hor ee' to hit mid $60k.

• Praise 11

Don't think coe will shoot up that much. Even with 0% growth, the new scheme will cause car prices to go up to mitgate. People who need a car will buy.

Probably just gonna hover around 40k to 50k range in the long run unless economy decides to grow 10% annually. People will change cars for fun.

i also agree .. there is always a threshold ppl can accept. ppl will start realising that it doesnt make sense and will give up car especially CATA. now is panic rush.i believe your range is the right threshold  and have been there for the longest time. if realy COE shoot 100k again i may give up one car cos no logic

$42,564(Oct)   $41,994 (Nov)

After the first round or second round of bidding in Nov, will the pqp be adjusted immediately?

Because I may have the intention to buy PQP on the last week on November so will it increase given that there's a high chance COE will increase in the next round?

Have to do before end Nov. Go on . . . mai tu liao.

I renewed mine in Oct for 10 years. [:)]

$42,000 is sensible to renew COE. Add $7K scrap value forgone for most bread and butter Jap cars = $49K

Spend another $5K for top overhaul and wear and tear parts  replacement - $54K , or $5,400 annual dep to drive for 10 more years

3rd party Insurance premium is also significantly cheaper.

Go for it!

Renew COE!

If the car's coe is going to expire in mid March 18, any advice when is the most appropriate time to renew?

Renew by 30 Nov at $41,994.

COE prices are expected to head north due to reduction in quota and zero vehicle growth.

If you drag on till March, you can expect to pay at least $46,000.

Not worth to pay an extra $4,000 for that extra 4 months usage. And please renew 10 years, since your PARF is already forgone.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 4

$42,000 is sensible to renew COE. Add $7K scrap value forgone for most bread and butter Jap cars = $49K

Spend another $5K for top overhaul and wear and tear parts  replacement - $54K , or $5,400 annual dep to drive for 10 more years

3rd party Insurance premium is also significantly cheaper.

Go for it!

Renew COE!

Renew by 30 Nov at $41,994.

COE prices are expected to head north due to reduction in quota and zero vehicle growth.

If you drag on till March, you can expect to pay at least $46,000.

Not worth to pay an extra $4,000 for that extra 4 months usage. And please renew 10 years, since your PARF is already forgone.

Initially when I check on the car insurance with my insurer in Jun, they said it would be 3rd party coverage but this Oct they sent me an invoice for comprehensive coverage.

• Praise 1

Initially when I check on the car insurance with my insurer in Jun, they said it would be 3rd party coverage but this Oct they sent me an invoice for comprehensive coverage.

It is rare for insurance companies to want to insure a >10 yr old car under comprehensive.Go for comprehensive then.

Many (with good/acceptable condition car) will renew COE so it will reduce the number of new COE (though the total quota still unchanged). This will definitely boost COE price

• Praise 1

You are in a lucky position.

Can you imagine how those whose COE are expiring in say Oct 2018 feel, especially if they also intend to renew?

just renewed OC car. Due Dec 17.

Later go renew mine. Due Jan 18.

:TT_TT:  :TT_TT:  :TT_TT:  :TT_TT:  :TT_TT:

• Praise 1

just renewed OC car. Due Dec 17.

Later go renew mine. Due Jan 18.

:TT_TT:  :TT_TT:  :TT_TT:  :TT_TT:  :TT_TT:

Wow, that is a lot of cash to give away. Painful.

You are in a lucky position.

Can you imagine how those whose COE are expiring in say Oct 2018 feel, especially if they also intend to renew?

I agree. Those left 6 months or less, I say just forgo and renew now. Those with close to 1 yr or more to go... I say tough decision.

• Praise 1

Wow, that is a lot of cash to give away. Painful.

I agree. Those left 6 months or less, I say just forgo and renew now. Those with close to 1 yr or more to go... I say tough decision.

ya. i got a aunt jan finish .

i advice her faster renew now.

take advantage last 2 month lower,

average out much lower.

if take nov dec and jan average, i think GG

• Praise 1

Have to undergo yearly inspection instead of once every 2 years!

Don't know insurer will add loading or not?

Edited by Fitvip
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2