Getting a foreign wife

Philipkee

wah walk out 1/2 way during the session ar

both are alpha male and female ... lol

imagine it’s lawyer-lawyer couple .. prepare to sue and counter-sue

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

I have seen a lawyer-doctor couple "tell all and hide nothing", during a marriage preparation course, argued loudly with each other and split / walked away, halfway during the course!

• Praise 1

TS own a 'missile' just below his hips.... oops ... [lipsrsealed]

:XD::XD:

The 16m north korean one?

So many men complain no sex after marriage so it must be love.

ð

Seek sex elsewhere. Seek love at home.
  • Praise 1

I see many prc ah gong ah ma with their grandchildren at malls... Walau... The way they speak to the grandchildren, the tone like machiam japs attacking sg and shouting to them to hide... Damn loud and rough... And they like to squat anywhere they want

• Praise 1

I see many prc ah gong ah ma with their grandchildren at malls... Walau... The way they speak to the grandchildren, the tone like machiam japs attacking sg and shouting to them to hide... Damn loud and rough... And they like to squat anywhere they want

Squat is fine as long as not shitting

Interesting that this topic can generate such interest. Anyway my take is pretty marriage counselling is not really that good.

Why? Cos there are "correct answers to give" and once given you are deemed to have passed and can go ahead and get married. Unless both of you are determined to tell all and hide nothing during the counselling.....

Then you wonder why problems still occur.

the purpose of MPC is for the couple to think and consider the various important matters in a marriage, and hopefully resolve as a couple before getting married. whether the couple chooses to tell all is up to them, as long as they have considered and discussed the issues.

that being said, MPC is not a guarantee that there will be no problems later during marriage. as i always tell my friends, in a marriage there will always be issues, its how much the couple is willing to work through them that matters.

• Praise 1

I have seen a lawyer-doctor couple "tell all and hide nothing", during a marriage preparation course, argued loudly with each other and split / walked away, halfway during the course! ð

this is the purpose of MPC! if this couple had gone into the marriage and then run into this issue, and then get a divorce, then may as well split now when there are no commitments yet.

in any case, walking away halfway during the course does not mean the end of the relationship. some couples will decide that they may not be ready to commit to marriage at that point in time, and may still eventually settle down together once the issue is resolved in future.

Ya, some of the MPC courses really make you ask very hard questions on yourself and partner. There're are cases where couple decided they are not ready for marriage after the course. We attended our religion, highly recommended.

yes sir! my wife and i also went through MPC and we felt it was very informative and useful. i remember after every session, we would discuss about the session's topic long into the night, trying to resolve our differences. eventually after we got married, things were smoother as we had already resolved the big issues before that.

we also have friends who complain to us about some of the issues after they got married, eg. in-laws, finances. then we realised that we had already discussed and resolved these during the MPC stage.

MPC is not a cure-all or a guarantee of problem-free marriage, but it helps to get the couple more ready for it when the big day comes.

• Praise 1

Wah! You sound like an MPC counsellor in real life leh!

ððð

haha i really think it helped me in my marriage, that's why! and somehow people also asking me for marriage advice...

maybe i can consider this as next career haha...

Twincharged

Ya, some of the MPC courses really make you ask very hard questions on yourself and partner. There're are cases where couple decided they are not ready for marriage after the course.  We attended our religion, highly recommended.

i actually went as far as to tell her that we would need to go for medical to check if we can conceive. 

anyway i came back and went for the Thalassemia myself and i tested negative, so i did not insist that she go for it too.

for me, i believe its best to 先小人,后君子.  no point pleasing anyone only to get screwed in the end. Truth hurts !

but for them to come here to stay, they will still need to go for a full checkup to be submitted to ICA.

• Praise 2

haha i really think it helped me in my marriage, that's why! and somehow people also asking me for marriage advice...

maybe i can consider this as next career haha...

in any marriage there are bound to have conflicts....in-laws, finances, and kids. Every day seeing each other see the weaknesses and sure we will forget the strength! Usually when that happens i will look through the pictures of our bf/gf moments and it will do the trick of reminiscing our best moments together.

I dont believe in separating just for my own happiness. That decision will only make the children suffers. Sacrificing our children happiness for our own is just selfish. No matter what, that child will be affected psychologically and hurt seeing their parents leading a separate lives.

• Praise 1

in any marriage there are bound to have conflicts....in-laws, finances, and kids. Every day seeing each other see the weaknesses and sure we will forget the strength! Usually when that happens i will look through the pictures of our bf/gf moments and it will do the trick of reminiscing our best moments together.

I dont believe in separating just for my own happiness. That decision will only make the children suffers. Sacrificing our children happiness for our own is just selfish. No matter what, that child will be affected psychologically and hurt seeing their parents leading a separate lives.

well said!

just to clarify, the bf/gf photos are with your current wife hor? haha...

well said!

just to clarify, the bf/gf photos are with your current wife hor? haha...

of course lar....oredy say in previous post i dont keep my gfs photo....never! Let them keep our photo......no photo is much easier to forget.... Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 2

how much dark soya sauce agar u put.

oh u blanched before u put inside pressure cooker.

i will sear before i put inside. But maybe it affects the taste penetration of the braising. Mine is combined with some techniques from western stew making.

Sorry for the late reply, the dark soya sauce, i used two types concurrently

The normal superior dark soya sauce about 6 tablespoons and the thicker dark soya sauce about 2 tablespoons so that its not too salty or too sweet

I like more sauce so i make larger portion of it

Usually pork will blanch to get rid of porky smell

Havent try b4 searing

• Praise 2

Sorry for the late reply, the dark soya sauce, i used two types concurrently

The normal superior dark soya sauce about 6 tablespoons and the thicker dark soya sauce about 2 tablespoons so that its not too salty or too sweet

I like more sauce so i make larger portion of it

Usually pork will blanch to get rid of porky smell

Havent try b4 searing

haha no wonder my zhup so thin. I scared too salty so i added 3 tbps at the start then 1 more later

It's about the same effect but searing introduces mallard effect. So at the very least the zhup will have better flavour. 

But it's more like how the chinese do Hong shao rou as opposed to lu rou  [:p]

anyway i haven't tried enough times to see which is really better. can't go wrong with traditional way haha

haha no wonder my zhup so thin. I scared too salty so i added 3 tbps at the start then 1 more later

It's about the same effect but searing introduces mallard effect. So at the very least the zhup will have better flavour.

But it's more like how the chinese do Hong shao rou as opposed to lu rou [:p]

anyway i haven't tried enough times to see which is really better. can't go wrong with traditional way haha

Wah so cheem, havent heard of mallard effect

Western cooking i dont know much to be honest

I learn all my braising skills from my mama but find my mum’s a little too salty and sauce quite watery so i improvised by adding the thicker sauce which is on the sweeter side and can thicken the sauce [:)]

Hehe, try try and let me know if it works for ya [:)]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3