• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
914 replies to this topic | 3,733 praises

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:00 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Peisei think we all off track a lil

Few personal pointers on getting a foreign Wife

country n culture one will be looking at
Learn to accept the other partner culture n traditions (religions etc)
Be prepared for some obstacles down the road. maybe dependent pass, adjustments of foreign Wife here due to differences of language food culture ......list goes on
Not so easy but couple can support each other n build a better relationship

Great sharing

I was never willing to consider ang moh or any others because i feel that we would not have any common understanding of festivals such as CNY etc and the cultural appreciation would be a gap that is difficult to bridge but nowadays this is old fashion thinking le....seen some happy couples
Uncle2, Mercs and Angcheek praised this

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:03 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

my wife go home, watch k drama and laugh like a mad woman... :TT_TT:

I go home, watch j drama and vomit like a mad man :XD:
Jamesc, Angcheek, Freeder and Stratovarius praised this

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:05 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wah thanks for the compliments....hehehe....i think u r super pro in match making le....the intro is very solid especially the harmless part.....such guys are seriously Husband material

I am old old le, better match make him with a younger girl ๐Ÿ˜Š

U know i happen to like sam zham bah very much rite, so delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

Kekeke

oh dear... i just had this last week

no more le ๐Ÿ˜‚

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_7868.JPG

Uncle2, Freeder and Pinobii praised this

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:06 PM

Sunny
  • Premium member
    Sunny
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Great sharing

I was never willing to consider ang moh or any others because i feel that we would not have any common understanding of festivals such as CNY etc and the cultural appreciation would be a gap that is difficult to bridge but nowadays this is old fashion thinking le....seen some happy couples

Ya ...must give n take. Like we donโ€™t (Want to) understand their thanksgivingโ€™s day or such

Or we like our roast goose they like roast turkeys

Hor Hor Enye? Got my point?
๐Ÿ˜›

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:08 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

no more le ๐Ÿ˜‚

Wah i made these last week, shared with colleagues for lunch, they love it, melt in the mouth kind ๐Ÿ˜†

The leaf bun just buy from ntuc n steamed

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0309.JPG

Jamesc, Angcheek, Sunny, Dleodleo and Mercs praised this

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Japanese ladies make very good wives and daughter in law.

I know this because I watch a lot of Japanese culture shows.

One was about a farmer too old to farm so he moved in with

his son and daughter in law but his miss milking his favourite

cow. Anyway I don't want to reveal the plot in case people haven't

watch but the daughter in law is very good and looks after her

father in law very well. I hope to get this kind of daughter in law.

:D  

Pinobii, Mustank and Freeder praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If you have a partner to eat with is even nicer.
Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:11 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ya ...must give n take. Like we donโ€™t (Want to) understand their thanksgivingโ€™s day or such

๐Ÿ˜›

Haha....what an apt description of our dream scenario ๐Ÿ˜˜
Angcheek and Mercs praised this

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:16 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ya ...must give n take. Like we donรขt (Want to) understand their thanksgivingรขs day or such

รฐ

seriously......no

๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿ˜…

Wah i made these last week, shared with colleagues for lunch, they love it, melt in the mouth kind รฐ

wah no chia....

chief cook i also will say very nice and delicious

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:19 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

seriously......no

๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿ˜…
wah no chia....

chief cook i also will say very nice and delicious

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Hehe....can can ....for roost goose, anytime de

Waiting for u and Sunny lor ๐Ÿ˜
Angcheek, Noob79 and Mercs praised this

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:22 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wah i made these last week, shared with colleagues for lunch, they love it, melt in the mouth kind รฐ

Yo sister, can share your recipe. Don't need explain too much. just what u add and rough amounts to the braising stock.

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:29 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yo sister, can share your recipe. Don't need explain too much. just what u add and rough amounts to the braising stock.

Hi, sure

The most important step to nice loh bak is the cut of the meat, too lean cannot, too fat not nice, the thickness is important too

Choose a nice cut, see this pic

Marinate with wu xiang fen and salt overnight, add rock sugar, sugar and dark soya sauce, cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, galangal, ginger

Put in pressure cooker and braised

I dont usually cook with measurements, all agar agar de

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0310.JPG

Noob79, Lala81 and Mercs praised this

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:30 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

no more le ๐Ÿ˜‚

this reminds me of lunch with my relatives last month ... went to crystal jade at JEM ?

order this and other stuffs ... the relatives preferred vege and i ended up taking about 5 slices of the braised pork belly !!

then last sunday went friend's wedding dinner ... my table all prefer vege and seafood also ... so i ended up with almost the whole braised chicken !!

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:30 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

TS, just to share, we used to have this volleyball interest group made up of a core group of friends amd classmates, then everyone started to invite their friends, and friend's friends etc... in the end, many became couples and even got married. this vb group is still going strong with new people...

u may consider to look online for interest groups who share your passion, be it sports, hobbies, other activities...
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:34 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Great sharing

hmm... are you saying now you are willing to consider AM, OL and ABNN?

๐Ÿ˜†

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:35 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hmm... are you saying now you are willing to consider AM, OL and ABNN?

๐Ÿ˜†

Wah....i old old le....all these short abbr. means what huh? ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
Noob79, Spring, Freeder and Mercs praised this

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:36 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

this reminds me of lunch with my relatives last month ... went to crystal jade at JEM ?

order this and other stuffs ... the relatives preferred vege and i ended up taking about 5 slices of the braised pork belly !!

then last sunday went friend's wedding dinner ... my table all prefer vege and seafood also ... so i ended up with almost the whole braised chicken !!

wah... don't end up like me 165kg hor

๐Ÿ˜…

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:43 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Not meh? I tot the chix rice is originated from hainan island and we made changes to it along the way?

My mum always cook chix rice balls (we called it ้ฅญ็ in hainanese) for praying when I was young.

If I am not wrong, you are a hainanese too right? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

wow ... you must be psychic !! like this also can guess i am hainanese descent ??

anyway, it was ่œ็ฏฎ or something - the food critic that said in a tv program that hainanese chicken rice originated form Singapore !

Hainan is famous for the wenchang chicken, hele crab, dongshan mutton and jiaji duck - nothing about rice.

but if anyone were to think that the streets will be full of the above, then think again ... it all depends on your budget.

when i went there, when i had the opportunity, i went to KFC and the cafes there for a steak - damn worth it !!

wah... don't end up like me 165kg hor

๐Ÿ˜…

actually i find it weird also, as long as i dont take leave and go overseas, i will maintain at 90kgs.

if i go overseas, i will put on weight.

as long as i go to work, even deskbound, my weight will stay there !

Hi, sure

The most important step to nice loh bak is the cut of the meat, too lean cannot, too fat not nice, the thickness is important too

Choose a nice cut, see this pic

Marinate with wu xiang fen and salt overnight, add rock sugar, sugar and dark soya sauce, cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, galangal, ginger

Put in pressure cooker and braised

I dont usually cook with measurements, all agar agar de

the pressure cooker here does wonders !!

hi bro, have u considered SDN and other matchmaking agencies? i have a friend who got married to someone he knew from SDN. also have friends trying out matchmaking agencies at the moment, although no success stories yet. in my opinion, getting someone from SG or MY is still preferred as less likely to have communication or cultural issues.

i think its no longer a social taboo to look for such options to find a soulmate.

... just in case you join SDN, pls be reminded that its a acquaintance making website.

you have to be pro-active also ... not just sit there and the opposite sex will approach you like honey ....

many ppl just join and expect that someone will be looking for them instead of them looking for that someone.

When i was working in bangkok and jakarta i met many many good office girls. Beautiful, very polite, homely, and i believe raised to cook well. But stuck on handphone 24/7. So, good luck :D

spot on !!

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Japanese ladies make very good wives and daughter in law.

I know this because I watch a lot of Japanese culture shows.

One was about a farmer too old to farm so he moved in with

his son and daughter in law but his miss milking his favourite

cow. Anyway I don't want to reveal the plot in case people haven't

watch but the daughter in law is very good and looks after her

father in law very well. I hope to get this kind of daughter in law.

:D  

d3b0d7ba8d384bd9fb18034e7a767307a5955770

Jamesc, Noob79, Mercs and Spring praised this
ๆจนๅคš็ธฝๆœ‰ๆžฏๆž๏ผŒไบบๅคš็ธฝๆœ‰็™ฝ็—ด

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:52 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

OK, much depends on the salary of the man. I have seen those earning more than about 100 grand get it quite quickly for their wife.   

My relative who cannot hold down a job still managed to get his wife PR after the birth of the third child. The wife no qualifications.

Whatever it is, at least the children is considered local and gets subsidies etc

If not, imagine both wife and kids get no subsidy and the hubby not earning much..........    

there is really no textbook answer on how to get residency here in SG.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: wife, foreign, getting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users