• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
83 replies to this topic | 189 praises

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:44 PM

lio_3000
  • lio_3000
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hyundai has launched new i30 fastback in euprope, it loos so pretty good. looking forward it can come out in asia... [laugh]

Edited by lio_3000, 01 November 2017 - 07:45 PM.

Tianmo, retrozz, Yewheng, Volvobrick and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:22 AM

Melvin123456
  • Melvin123456
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hyundai has launched new i30 fastback in euprope, it loos so pretty good. looking forward it can come out in asia... [laugh]

In my humble opinion, a fastback only looks good on a longer car like Audi A5, Merc E class onwards. Small cars will looks like carrying a tortoise shell with 4 wheels...so my verdict is 'no'. It doesn't look awesome and will never be...but in term of practicality, its better than both hatchback and sedan. Perhaps Hyundai shld consider to do a fastback on their Sonata...that makes will more sense.

Toeknee_33 and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Wagon better still...

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:01 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Any idea if this beautiful fastback will be brought in?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:54 PM

Renegade777
  • Premium member
    Renegade777
    6th Gear
    Author Image

One month one posting shows the popularity of this car.

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:51 PM

Dinkydong
  • Premium member
    Dinkydong
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Quite unlikely...

Any idea if this beautiful fastback will be brought in?

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:54 PM

tailtwist
  • Premium member
    tailtwist
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Wagon better still...

There's a i30 wagon version........u can go check it out...at the basement level@komoco....

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:06 AM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yes I see that it was reported on the i30 thread as well...

Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:34 PM

Shouyi
  • Shouyi
    4th Gear
    Author Image

The I30 fastback is going to be launched in Singapore

http://www.hyundaimo...ackinterestlist

Sdf4786k praised this

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:37 PM

StingerGT
  • StingerGT
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Actual dimensions probably closer to an Audi A3, hard to imagine how the “fastback” fits a car this size and manage to look good.

That said, at least the Koreans are changing the landscape, innovating new stuffs, introduce new segments on their own.
Yewheng praised this

Posted 18 August 2018 - 12:42 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I wonder if the weight will cause it to be draggy for 1,4T..

Posted 18 August 2018 - 01:15 PM

kelaihoyin
  • Premium member
    kelaihoyin
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I wonder if the weight will cause it to be draggy for 1,4T..

At around 1.3tonnes I would say is sufficient. To me decent performance and handling (25mm lower than the HB) and good looks (really love the rear [thumbsup] ), I would think price it between the HB and Wagon this would be a good choice.

Edited by kelaihoyin, 18 August 2018 - 01:19 PM.

Posted 18 August 2018 - 01:19 PM

StingerGT
  • StingerGT
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Fastback means the boot is a lift back system like Stinger/Audi A5 this type?

If it's true, gonna be cool. The side profile very nice, rear is cool with nice LED lights and short overhang on the boot.

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 18 August 2018 - 01:51 PM

Daniu82
  • Premium member
    Daniu82
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Saw the wagon on the road once, I think very nice but not sure if the performance is good for 1.4L turbo.

At around 1.3tonnes I would say is sufficient. To me decent performance and handling (25mm lower than the HB) and good looks (really love the rear [thumbsup] ), I would think price it between the HB and Wagon this would be a good choice.

Posted 18 August 2018 - 03:47 PM

kelaihoyin
  • Premium member
    kelaihoyin
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Saw the wagon on the road once, I think very nice but not sure if the performance is good for 1.4L turbo.

Yea performance is subjective some say 1.6NA enough some need a big 2.0T to be satisfied. But consider price wise I think currently only the i30  line-up has that advantage with decent amount of performance at sub-100k

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:29 PM

kennyyy
  • kennyyy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

There's no pt talking abt the i30 fastback becas few mths ago I checked of KMC. They say confirm wont bring this in to Spore becas it will affect the Elantra sales definitely.

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:31 PM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

There's no pt talking abt the i30 fastback becas few mths ago I checked of KMC. They say confirm wont bring this in to Spore becas it will affect the Elantra sales definitely.

I thought it is now OFFICIAL that they will be bringing this in hence this thread has been revived....

Anyway as far as cannibalising Elantra sales, what i can say is Veloster had 2 versions, the NA and the TC. I thought most people would go for the TC version as it was only a few k more. Yet i believe there were more NAs then TCs. So i don't see the i30 SB cannibalising the Elantra sales as long as Elantra remains around 7k-10k cheaper than the i30. 

Edited by Kar_lover, 20 August 2018 - 04:34 PM.

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:35 PM

kennyyy
  • kennyyy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I thought it is now OFFICIAL that they will be brining in hence this thread has been revived....

Opps ... Oh, u r rite. Nw then I kw. Nice. 

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:38 PM

Coolant
  • Coolant
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

actually the i30 fastback is already available for private preview at KMC.. its currently still undergoing LTA homologation so can only view by appointment. just ask your SE to arrange.

i happened to be there last weekend, and my SE brought me to a special area to see the new Tucson and Santa Fe, managed to see the i30 fastback too.. nice design, sort of like a 4 door coupe.

it's price is higher than the hatch and wagon version though, if i remember my SE mentioned they are now taking in pre-bookings at $123,999.. mainly because it is spec up with more equipment features, and oddly somehow it got hit with the $10k surcharge too (no idea why it kena surcharge.. but hatch and wagon maintain neutral band?).

anyways seems already have people started pre-booking, so i guess we'll see those new fastback owners popping up soon, maybe it's time to start new fastback owners thread? :)

Edited by Coolant, 20 August 2018 - 07:56 PM.

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:24 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

actually the i30 fastback is already available for private preview at KMC.. its currently still undergoing LTA homologation so can only view by appointment. just ask your SE to arrange.

i happened to be there last weekend, and my SE brought me to a special area to see the new Tucson and Santa Fe, managed to see the i30 fastback too.. nice design, sort of like a 4 door coupe.

it's price is higher than the hatch and wagon version though, if i remember my SE mentioned they are now taking in pre-bookings at $123,999.. mainly because it is spec up with more equipment features, and oddly somehow it got hit with the $10k surcharge too (no idea why it kena surcharge.. but hatch and wagon maintain neutral band?).

anyways seems already have people started pre-booking, so i guess we'll see those new fastback owners popping up soon, maybe it's time to start new fastback owners thread? :)

with the Volvo V40 2.0T going at 128k with 180bhp. a tough choice..

Edited by Sdf4786k, 20 August 2018 - 10:24 PM.

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: hyundai , i30 fsstback is so awesome , i30 ...

Tags: hyundai and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users