I30 fastback is so awesome..

lio_3000

Hyundai has launched new i30 fastback in euprope, it loos so pretty good. looking forward it can come out in asia... [laugh]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD-V3OM7KIE

In my humble opinion, a fastback only looks good on a longer car like Audi A5, Merc E class onwards. Small cars will looks like carrying a tortoise shell with 4 wheels...so my verdict is 'no'. It doesn't look awesome and will never be...but in term of practicality, its better than both hatchback and sedan. Perhaps Hyundai shld consider to do a fastback on their Sonata...that makes will more sense.

• Praise 3

Actual dimensions probably closer to an Audi A3, hard to imagine how the “fastback” fits a car this size and manage to look good.

That said, at least the Koreans are changing the landscape, innovating new stuffs, introduce new segments on their own.

• Praise 1

I wonder if the weight will cause it to be draggy for 1,4T..

At around 1.3tonnes I would say is sufficient. To me decent performance and handling (25mm lower than the HB) and good looks (really love the rear [thumbsup] ), I would think price it between the HB and Wagon this would be a good choice.

Edited by kelaihoyin

Fastback means the boot is a lift back system like Stinger/Audi A5 this type?

If it's true, gonna be cool. The side profile very nice, rear is cool with nice LED lights and short overhang on the boot.

• Praise 2

Saw the wagon on the road once, I think very nice but not sure if the performance is good for 1.4L turbo.

At around 1.3tonnes I would say is sufficient. To me decent performance and handling (25mm lower than the HB) and good looks (really love the rear [thumbsup] ), I would think price it between the HB and Wagon this would be a good choice.

Saw the wagon on the road once, I think very nice but not sure if the performance is good for 1.4L turbo.

Yea performance is subjective some say 1.6NA enough some need a big 2.0T to be satisfied. But consider price wise I think currently only the i30  line-up has that advantage with decent amount of performance at sub-100k

There's no pt talking abt the i30 fastback becas few mths ago I checked of KMC. They say confirm wont bring this in to Spore becas it will affect the Elantra sales definitely.

There's no pt talking abt the i30 fastback becas few mths ago I checked of KMC. They say confirm wont bring this in to Spore becas it will affect the Elantra sales definitely.

I thought it is now OFFICIAL that they will be bringing this in hence this thread has been revived....

Anyway as far as cannibalising Elantra sales, what i can say is Veloster had 2 versions, the NA and the TC. I thought most people would go for the TC version as it was only a few k more. Yet i believe there were more NAs then TCs. So i don't see the i30 SB cannibalising the Elantra sales as long as Elantra remains around 7k-10k cheaper than the i30. 

Edited by Kar_lover

I thought it is now OFFICIAL that they will be brining in hence this thread has been revived....

Opps ... Oh, u r rite. Nw then I kw. Nice. 

↡ Advertisement