PSLE cut-off pt history to sec schools for P6 students+more

nuttyprofessor

@karoon, since cannot change school already, just tell your... nephew to make the most of it. NUS high is not a bad school and may even allow your nephew to get into the desired course in NUS next time. [thumbsup]

The worry is its pure academic. The child seems to prefer sst which also offered him a place. He said more fun. Thats why the father a bit kancheong now... why then they choose nus high? Because everybody. Everybody said sure 100% go nus, sure fast learner, sure no pb. Looking at nus high china population also reminded of rulang pri in jurong. Top school but hardcore rote learning all the way. So a worry is burnout.
↡ Advertisement

The worry is its pure academic. The child seems to prefer sst which also offered him a place. He said more fun. Thats why the father a bit kancheong now... why then they choose nus high? Because everybody. Everybody said sure 100% go nus, sure fast learner, sure no pb. Looking at nus high china population also reminded of rulang pri in jurong. Top school but hardcore rote learning all the way. So a worry is burnout.

i see... however i would assume that this boy is currently doing well academically which is why he managed to get a place in NUS High. who knows maybe he likes it there and will do well?

NUSH is really for the cream in academic, if he can tahan the stress,  sld go.  [thumbsup]

But they dont do "O" and "A" levels, they do a diploma at the end of the 6th year, so if cannot make it is all time wasted. Highest qualification become PSLE.  [:/]  

But then again, I have not heard of any drop outs, and tiagong that 100% make it to NUS.  This one is tiagong not I gong.  [laugh]

A few top students enter Ivy league Uni in USA ok.

Don't play play.

NUS are for those 2nd tier results.

A few top students enter Ivy league Uni in USA ok.

Don't play play.

NUS are for those 2nd tier results.

OKOK, I wrong, my bad.

I sld put it as 100% were offered a place in NUS. But again is tiagong not i gong one.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Wah... you brought your son to the atas ones! Including RGS :a-m1212:

err... i said i brought him to 3 of the 4 mah...

RGS was the exception leh.

even if cannot get in, go see see the atas ones also shiok lor... all v packed hor... 

For RI, parked until next door the Pek San Theng opened door let the parents park... No wonder every year during Qing Ming RI/RJC will reciprocate and let the people wanting to pray at PST to park at RI/RJC carparks...

• Praise 1

even if cannot get in, go see see the atas ones also shiok lor... all v packed hor... 

For RI, parked until next door the Pek San Theng opened door let the parents park... No wonder every year during Qing Ming RI/RJC will reciprocate and let the people wanting to pray at PST to park at RI/RJC carparks...

Actually I was just teasing you about introducing your son to the good studious girls so soon lol

• Praise 1

Heard that NUS high is math centric?

Are they adequate in other areas?

Only maths and science.

In other areas they are... charitable.

Eg this year they racked up a record scoreline in soccer... 28-0. But on the receiving end.

So, just maths and science.

• Praise 1

Only maths and science.

Eg this year they racked up a record scoreline in soccer... 28-0. But on the receiving end.

Coz goalie was busy calculating ball trajectory angle vs goal probability instead of looking at it?
  • Praise 5

Only maths and science.

28-0 in soccer?  :huh:

All sitting down waiting for game over?  [laugh]

Coz goalie was busy calculating ball trajectory angle vs goal probability instead of looking at it?

Farking funny, but totally make sense!  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Qing Ming I will park at RI ............ TQ
  • Praise 5