Lai leh lai leh CSCBB chu lai liao.

Tianmo

The action is relevant for the times we live in and the extremism issues we face. To be blunt, it is to show that a majority race PM and ruling party can be mindful to uplift a minority community.

Singapore majority race and the stereotypes we "represent" loom large in a region with religions and ethnic groups that are affronted and insulted by how we live, the things we buy, our lifestyle and freedoms. Think back to late 90s and the Jakarta Riots. How many politicians in surrounding countries jump on bandwagon and start to pick at singapore? Our national day fireworks, and the gleaming towers and HDB blocks breed so much envy and jealousy.

The religious extremism we face now stems from certain communities feeling oppressed and persecuted. Their thought-leaders and politicians are always on the look out for scapegoats to direct their peoples' energies.

In the late 70s and into the 80s, singapore was still a china communist satellite (while the china party called us 'capitalist imperialist running dogs') in the eyes of the USA. For context, understand when the Vietnam War ended.

Our gahmen has taken action to lead by example. That a lady of a certain religion, of certain ethnicity, english-educated, mother and wife, can become a role model for others of that ethnicity and community. It is a soft power to try to influence moderation in other countries when those extremist men get nagged by their mothers and wives, maybe. And meanwhile, younger women of that religion and ethnicity take to her as positive role model.

The action is relevant to the times. Just as Obama-types could not have won the US presidency in WW2 or during 60s-70s. Just as a japanese cannot be US politician during WW2. Just as a christian won't be voted leading law-maker in Indonesia yet.

This depth of understand is not something the average senior/mature adult worker citizen tries to comprehend. The complainers in this forum only want to trade gossip and falsehoods about gahmen "evil". You may be very different.

The arguments you put up make sense from a government standpoint. In this turbulent times, we should all stand more united than divided. Don’t u agree that the decision for an Indian Muslim to be a Malay president has proven to be more divisive than intended?

I just think our gahmen needs some PR lessons.. ministers who don’t say stuff that rile up the public.. make decisions that are plain and simple.

I want the government to change.. not change the government. But if they don’t... what should I do?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Yah

Highflyers will never be senior nor matured

Only people who lose their jobs (me) are senior and matured

Alrhough i am only 36yrs old

Ahahahahahhað

i thought you are 63?
  • Praise 2

Whoever started this thread must be a fight promoter.. what has happened to MCF lately?

Bro Tianmo may have just watch the match between Anthony Joshua and Carlos Tarkam. Haha

• Praise 1

Star of the thread Dr Lala found out what your problem is.

Quick get some professional help before its too late.   [thumbsup]

• Need to win. Fixated on proving one's superiority, an individual is out to win a debate or argument at all cost - never mind the feelings of others and the adverse effect of his responses on them.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 5

I am a bit conflicted here.

If the star of the thread got professional help and he became a more balanced

and centered person, a happier, calmer and less angsty person. He will have 

better mental health and be a happier person.

But consequently there will be less insulting, inflammatory, bigoted posts and

less readership and viewers here and less traffic means less profit and less money

for the forum. Is a person's mental health more important or is making more money

and profit for an organisation more important?

If we as put this question to CCB its very clear he will say what's wrong with making

more money. We are finished if profit becomes a dirty word.

So I think its very clear screw CCB's mental health and happiness.

Agitate and provoke CCB to come out with more stupid and insulting statements

and work him to frenzy with more explosive posts to bring in more money and

profits for the forum. Sorry CCB I learn from you that money is more important

than your humanity, your dignity and your sanity. Please go more gangster with

your posts. As a forum member here said I am your best student.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

less readership and viewers here and less traffic means less profit and less money

for the forum. Is a person's mental health more important or is making more money

If we as put this question to CCB its very clear he will say what's wrong with making

your posts. As a forum member here said I am your best student.  [thumbsup]

wow.. food for thot

Social media troll / Scam..??

Such diabolical scheme.. the rise of Dr evil  [rifle]   [:p]

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

your posts. As a forum member here said I am your best student. [thumbsup]

He is well trained by his master..
  • Praise 2

So many people come here and read CCB's posts

but you all never learn from him. Its such a waste.

Learn from the beast or die like the geese.  [thumbsup]

roasted-goose.jpg

Roast-goose.jpg

Tung-Kees-roast-goose-1.jpg

Yat-Lok-goose.jpg

14230728790_3818b7ed5f.jpg

10274064_706213109443729_430342716162047

5c2b04b2bb5941aa9caaa3acab294290.jpg

hong-kong-si-fang-cai.jpg

9bbbcd4c611f738341eba84da4eb490e.jpg

the-irrestible-window.jpg

Yat-Lok-BBQ.jpg

8722913927_05cacf51c0_b.jpg

IMG_20130506_204637.jpg

If anyone see this posts and flies to HK and orders roast goose please tell the HK tourists association. I get commission.  [thumbsup]  

• Praise 6

I feel that the majority ethnic group needs to be more sensitive and informed about the context of regional and local issues before complaining about "democracy ideology".

What are the religious extremism issues now? Do they stem from the needs to uplift certain ethnic group in education levels and job prospects?

How much more effective can a female community leader be if she can also influence other ladies/mothers/working women/wives in other countries with moderate and progressive view points?

We middle-class, white-collar males of majority ethnic group (who don't really understand another major religion) should learn to reflect more about when to complain and when to STFU.

We senior/mature workers of this group are usually seen as arrogant and self-important, so we need to be more responsible, self-aware and reflective.

Before we talk about ideals, we should examine how much of a positive role model we are to other communities.

To most of my peers, the issue was not race, religion or gender.

The bar was raised and the other candidates who met the race criteria couldn't compete because of the 500million shareholders equity.

Yes there are some who met these criteria but not willing to step up.

There must already been a census carried out on the few who met these criteria but will not be contesting thus the presidency is almost like an appointment rather than an all out election.

So it makes the system like a mockery rather than a real democratic process.

It's made many pro/anti and neutral PAP citizens felt manipulated.

Left a very bad impression.

• Praise 4

The bar was raised and the other candidates who met the race criteria couldn't compete because of the 500million shareholders equity.

There must already been a census carried out on the few who met these criteria but will not be contesting thus the presidency is almost like an appointment rather than an all out election.

if there were 2-3 candidates and we went through the voting process, at least people cannot say much about the elected President.
  • Praise 2

Whoever started this thread must be a fight promoter.. what has happened to MCF lately?

Sure Must be training very hard to run faster n faster .......... away

• Praise 3

You said it bro! So true.

Can we have a common consensus for those thread and all abide by the rules of engagement for both ways?

1. Only provide factual views

2. Do not deviate from the question or view point and only answer to the specific question

3. If there is no real answer or ability to answer so be it. And acknowledge that it is what it is and move on.

Else we just get drawn into discussing about religion with you know who.

I don't even want to penned down his initial. Let keep this tread civil.

So many people come here and read CCB's posts

but you all never learn from him. Its such a waste.

Learn from the beast or die like the geese. [thumbsup]

roasted-goose.jpg

Roast-goose.jpg

Yat-Lok-goose.jpg

14230728790_3818b7ed5f.jpg

10274064_706213109443729_430342716162047

5c2b04b2bb5941aa9caaa3acab294290.jpg

hong-kong-si-fang-cai.jpg

9bbbcd4c611f738341eba84da4eb490e.jpg

the-irrestible-window.jpg

Yat-Lok-BBQ.jpg

8722913927_05cacf51c0_b.jpg

IMG_20130506_204637.jpg

If anyone see this posts and flies to HK and orders roast goose please tell the HK tourists association. I get commission. [thumbsup]

OT abit.. but this is so yummy! Thanks for making me hungry
  • Praise 4

Can we have a common consensus for those thread and all abide by the rules of engagement for both ways?

1. Only provide factual views

2. Do not deviate from the question or view point and only answer to the specific question

3. If there is no real answer or ability to answer so be it. And acknowledge that it is what it is and move on.

Else we just get drawn into discussing about religion with you know who.

I don't even want to penned down his initial. Let keep this tread civil.

To be fair, cscbb has been rather civil this far in this thread and like I said before I don't disagree with some points he makes; it's only his accusatory, presumptuous, (rather) pompous views and generalisation of what he calls "hypocrite complainers" that is causing the flames previously. As long as we have some negative opinions on the gahmen, he puts a label on us based on his tinted experience with "similar" folks and starts chastising us with his Lim peh ka li Kong style. he doesn't seek to understand why we say what we say.

But If he keeps up his current style I think it can be a thread for healthy debate on political views.

And @Tianmo is not fanning flames. Looking at the amount of OT in the LTA thread (which I refrained from participating further), it's only reasonable that such discussions be brought into such a thread like here.

Time to bring my grandson to Chinese lessons and eat roast duck. @jamesc is there cheap and good roast goose in SG?

• Praise 5

To be fair, cscbb has been rather civil this far in this thread and like I said before I don't disagree with some points he makes; it's only his accusatory, presumptuous, (rather) pompous views and generalisation of what he calls "hypocrite complainers" that is causing the flames previously. As long as we have some negative opinions on the gahmen, he puts a label on us based on his tinted experience with "similar" folks and starts chastising us with his Lim peh ka li Kong style. he doesn't seek to understand why we say what we say.

But If he keeps up his current style I think it can be a thread for healthy debate on political views.

And @Tianmo is not fanning flames. Looking at the amount of OT in the LTA thread (which I refrained from participating further), it's only reasonable that such discussions be brought into such a thread like here.

Time to bring my grandson to Chinese lessons and eat roast duck. @jamesc is there cheap and good roast goose in SG?

↡ Advertisement