Should I top up to secure GTD COE?

Privacy

For some Agent yes some agent no. Toyota and Honda confirm no need top up. They very aggressive. I think Mazda will secure too.

Certain particular AD love to ask people top up.. They also won’t refund u earlier. Can only cross finger wait and see last bid. If top up, you would have the Budget to get another car. Very clever. Hook u in, no choice but to top up otherwise all other brand in market also prices went up. Used car price also go down. You already got trapped by them. When they refund after 6 bid, all car prices went up already. And your trade in car probably lost a few thousands

Edited by youpapalite
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

yes, totally agree with you.

For those who want to buy car, could check in the LTA website for the car pricelist and find out what the profit margin the dealer make from you. It shows average their profit around 20-30K when the COE is 36K. (except for toyota wish, i am quite surprised they only earn 10K). So once the COE up from 36K to 47K, dealer still earns something from you without paying more for G COE. Whenever the COE skyrocket high, dealer to match to keep their profit margin by increasing the car price. But at the end of the day, it goes back to all buyers, perhaps have extra money to spend, you can just opt for G COE. It is just merely a choice.

Good point. Dun mind share the link to lta check car price pls. TIA
  • Praise 1

Good point. Dun mind share the link to lta check car price pls. TIA

it is available in onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/

find in the car cost

• Praise 1

what has changed?

when one booked the car during the $36k period, it was smart and money saving opportunity to get a cheaper car.

Now if one were to top up, then there is no difference to buying the car at anytime before/after the $36k period. Meaning most car buyers are just as well buying at any other time.

My opinion, it is Stupid to fall for the top-up suggestion, as it will make the car price same as any other normal days.

Please remember all the past COE crash was due to the expiry of the failed 6bids where most didnt want tp Top-up.

If one is smart (assuming most buyers did not top-up), you can self-bid on the sixth bids onwards, hoping to catch the 'crash' price for a cheap COE.

I think it depends on the top up amount. If it’s the difference between the previous and current Coe price then it may not be worth it, if price is your main reason for buying. But sometimes dealers will absorb some of the difference in coe price increase. In which case, it might be worth considering. I guess it also depends on demand, if there’s a surge in demand of buyers and you don’t think it’s heading down in the near term, then that may also be another reason to lock in a Coe. There’s also the question of whether or not the trade-in price for your old car goes up with any significant increase in COE price, if it does then that would help mitigate the increase in price difference that you might pay for a guaranteed Coe. And then, there’s peace of mind and the comfort and reassurance of security. It’s hard to put a monetary value on that. It’s a bit like insurance, you fork out that extra just to know that if something goes wrong your covered and protected. If nothing goes wrong then you just it go. I’ve never before said to myself, “ damn! The plane landed safely, I knew I shouldn’t have bought travel insurance
  • Praise 3

I told my SE straight after two of my four non guaranteed bids unsuccessful. I won’t entertain any top up and will terminate my agreement and collect back my deposit immediately if still unsuccessful after four bids. I will then go to another AD to buy other car. He immediately said confirm will get and told me don’t need to worry and even offered to set a date for my car delivery, even though COE not secured and car still not shipped yet.

Edited by Snowmanyee
  • Praise 4

I told my SE straight after two of my four non guaranteed bids unsuccessful. I wonât entertain any top up and will terminate my agreement and collect back my deposit immediately if still unsuccessful after four bids. I will then go to another AD to buy other car. He immediately said confirm will get and told me donât need to worry and even offered to set a date for my car delivery, even though COE not secured and car still not shipped yet.

Can i know what car u booked?

must be a K3?

Ya.. deal too good to be true. Maybe change elantra if c&c decided that i dont give them enff

I told my SE straight after two of my four non guaranteed bids unsuccessful. I won’t entertain any top up and will terminate my agreement and collect back my deposit immediately if still unsuccessful after four bids. I will then go to another AD to buy other car. He immediately said confirm will get and told me don’t need to worry and even offered to set a date for my car delivery, even though COE not secured and car still not shipped yet.

May i know which AD and car?

Can i know what car u booked?

Ya.. deal too good to be true. Maybe change elantra if c&c decided that i dont give them enff

that's right... cnc reputation for kia has not been the best so far

that's right... cnc reputation for kia has not been the best so far

Yes, wait til you see the number of defects! Absolutely horrendous!

Built quality leaves much to be desired.  <_<

I told my SE straight after two of my four non guaranteed bids unsuccessful. I wonât entertain any top up and will terminate my agreement and collect back my deposit immediately if still unsuccessful after four bids. I will then go to another AD to buy other car. He immediately said confirm will get and told me donât need to worry and even offered to set a date for my car delivery, even though COE not secured and car still not shipped yet.

Assuming that the COE stays at the current level, and your current AD fails to secure the COE after four bids non guaranteed, and you would go to another AD to buy another car:

The new AD would price the car at the current COE levels.

Basically your first AD had missed out securing the COE at lower levels.

In the end, you still are paying more for your car, be it topping up or buying another car from another AD.

In my humble opinion, if failed to secure COE, just take back deposit and don't buy.

But talk is cheap. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3