AMA I'm an old man

Terrylmt

Let's see if this works.

Bet that this thread won't even hit page 8 by the end of November.

*sit back, pull out newspaper, sip kopi*

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

Very poor thing , all busy sian cha bor in the other thread, no worries, i help you increase one post.

Swee.. Here's a cuppa for you...

kopi-o.jpg

Let's see if this works.

Wow piang!

Support u lah.

• Praise 6

Of cos I sarpork. The cha bor self deliver. So my question is:

What do you think of the youth today? By youth I mean under 24yo. Do you think they are too soft and self entitled?

• Praise 2

really ask you anything?

1. what is your salary?

2. what is your net worth?

3. which company do you work for?

4. what is your title in the company?

5. where do you live?

6. how many members are there in your family?

7. how old are they?

8. what is your name?

9. what is your mobile phone number?

10. what are your car plate numbers?

bet you ain’t gonna answer these questions truthfully...

• Praise 5

Let's see if this works.

Walau eh, I sarpok.. All the old hack please fall in....

I got new question.

What's your credit card number, name on the card, expiry date and CVV? Can PM if you shy. I treat you lim kopi after that

• Praise 1

Of cos I sarpork. The cha bor self deliver. So my question is:

What do you think of the youth today? By youth I mean under 24yo. Do you think they are too soft and self entitled?

That's a loaded question siah. Will take me some time to answer lei.

There are basically several camps that i can see amongst the youths in Singapore today. Again, I qualify that this is based solely on my interaction with the youths that cross my path. I would split it up into 50-30-20.

50% of the youths are generally self-absorbed, yearn/desire peer approval, and have moderate to low self-esteem. They measure success through material ownership, i.e. what phone/bag/shoes/car you have, where you eat, how many times & where you travel to a year. A good number of them will be demanding, impatient, and do not believe that hard work will yield them the results that they want in the time frame that they have set for themselves. They are always looking for shortcuts or bail-outs to get them to where they want to be, and some will be very self-defeatist if they do not get what they want.

30% of the youths are what I would term the privileged. They might be amongst the rich or perhaps middle class, but they have been afforded the best opportunities by their parents/grandparents and received a good standing as compared to other less fortunate peers. They end up being either overconfident and entitled with their abilities, or themselves. They cannot believe that the world does not spin to the rhythm of their say-so and what they want is what the employers will give to them. The difference is that they do have the potential to be groomed up much quicker than those in the 50%.

https://youtu.be/4K5fbQ1-zps

Finally, the 20%. These are the ones who recognise that they need to invest time and effort to be successful. They are self-motivated, driven and want to make a difference. They do not believe that entitlement has any correlation with success but they have to seize every opportunity and make use of all the resources available to them.

Hope that helps.

really ask you anything?

1. what is your salary?

2. what is your net worth?

3. which company do you work for?

4. what is your title in the company?

5. where do you live?

6. how many members are there in your family?

7. how old are they?

8. what is your name?

9. what is your mobile phone number?

10. what are your car plate numbers?

bet you ain’t gonna answer these questions truthfully...

I got new question.

What's your credit card number, name on the card, expiry date and CVV? Can PM if you shy. I treat you lim kopi after that

Edited by Terrylmt

That's a loaded question siah. Will take me some time to answer lei.

There are basically several camps that i can see amongst the youths in Singapore today. Again, I qualify that this is based solely on my interaction with the youths that cross my path. I would split it up into 50-30-20.

50% of the youths are generally self-absorbed, yearn/desire peer approval, and have moderate to low self-esteem. They measure success through material ownership, i.e. what phone/bag/shoes/car you have, where you eat, how many times & where you travel to a year. A good number of them will be demanding, impatient, and do not believe that hard work will yield them the results that they want in the time frame that they have set for themselves. They are always looking for shortcuts or bail-outs to get them to where they want to be, and some will be very self-defeatist if they do not get what they want.

30% of the youths are what I would term the privileged. They might be amongst the rich or perhaps middle class, but they have been afforded the best opportunities by their parents/grandparents and received a good standing as compared to other less fortunate peers. They end up being either overconfident and entitled with their abilities, or themselves. They cannot believe that the world does not spin to the rhythm of their say-so and what they want is what the employers will give to them. The difference is that they do have the potential to be groomed up much quicker than those in the 50%.

Finally, the 20%. These are the ones who recognise that they need to invest time and effort to be successful. They are self-motivated, driven and want to make a difference. They do not believe that entitlement has any correlation with success but they have to seize every opportunity and make use of all the resources available to them.

Hope that helps.

Ask me ANYTHING.. not ANYTHINGSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

I will answer the 5th question because 5 is my favourite number: BISHAN

Fall in liao...

product.jpg

Limpeh Must Talk...

Hahahahaha..

My initials.

Nice one. So far the first intelligent answer I've seen though unfair for me to judge cos I dare not venture out of Lite & EZ yet.

I disagree with parts of your 50% segmentation on a personal basis cos while I might be out of the age benchmark I set, I do somewhat measure my own success through material possessions. To me, when I can afford a luxury item without feeling much pinch, that's when I think my abilities and their accompanying rewards have reached their max capabilities at that moment. I'm also always looking out for smart "shortcuts" to get what/where I want. If a situation can be exploited to the same end effect, why not take the easiest way out faster than my peers. This is true for my career path. I would call myself more "successful" than most of my friends who are rich in educational papers but lacking in the experience I have.

Totally agree with the 30%, and I would cut 15% from the last segment to put into the second. It's rare to meet youth like them and not surprisingly, quite a few of them end up being the new start-up success story.

Edited by chryst
↡ Advertisement