A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Sad to day, badge snobbery is still there, especially with women.

My female friends agree that the Stinger is a nice looking car (sorry I OT from Skoda) but they said "it's still just a Kia"

put 3 circles and the letters auti la, i don mind doing that to my kodiaq hahahahah! then it becums Q6, totally new variant!

Want to go, go all the way. Put Porsche lah!

I guess I was used to getting something really good out of my old ride. Hence trying to push this on the RS.

But the drive performance is really solid on this. Despite the slight lag on throttle, find the sweet spot and this thing hits 140km/h in a blink. It's a monster. Have only tried out the sports mode for the fake noise. On normal this thing just whooshes.

try this to eleiminate the lag

https://vwpartsinternational.com/shop/tuning/vw-racing-golf-mk7-r-gti-mqb-2-0tsi-1-8tsi-high-flow-turbo-90-inlet-racingline-vwr/

VWR-High-Flow-Turbo-90-Inlet.jpg

http://www.mygolfmk7.com/2018/09/turbocharger-inlet-pipe-airflow-test/

Read at your own risk. Mod is a slippery slope.

[:p]

stock_airbox_minus_grate.jpg?resize=768%

If you like some more whoose sound, remove the top piece that looks like vent holes. just pull it out vertically after you remove the filter. ( Free Mod) Just that now and then every month, need to clear the leaves.

Note that loosening the screws for the filter housing will do, Not require to remove the screws completely 

Edited by Sdf4786k

You very naughty.

I purposely got the RS, so I didnt have to mod so much like I did on my old car.

Actually I already have a shopping list of mods.

But it ain't fun if surprises are not surprises right?

You very naughty.

I purposely got the RS, so I didnt have to mod so much like I did on my old car.

err .. no..

good surprises yes.

Buyer remorse ... Not such a good surprise..

I suppose the forum is for sharing and helping each other not get into a inconvenient sales gimmick ... like Ground earth cabling for the car.

Edited by Sdf4786k

i also think very good liao.. means the 1.0 will be better?

I have been driving the 1.0l Octy since July. Already at 12000km. Long term average is abt 16km/l. I regularly clock abt 21km/l driving 80% highway to work and back.

On the Superb Ambition Plus, what does the different modes, eco, standard, sports modes do? I was told it only changes the steering feel and not the shock absorber.

Shock for L&k

It change the gear system as well

For econo change aircon and lighting too

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 2

Shock for L&k

It change the gear system as well

For econo change aircon and lighting too

I think Octavia no DCC so no Shocks and steering wheel ratio changes as well as weights. (Weights perhaps)

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

I have been driving the 1.0l Octy since July. Already at 12000km. Long term average is abt 16km/l. I regularly clock abt 21km/l driving 80% highway to work and back.

You must be very light footed... :a-good:

I get that quite easily on my 1.4 Octy too. Keep within 80kmh in kpe will do...

post-196696-0-17919200-1546486819_thumb.jpg

Skoda is just not for anybody.

Only those that understand its heritage and how it evolved will appreciate it more.

I have to agree with you totally on this. It is only for those who appreciate the brand..the heritage. In fact I honestly think Skoda has more brand pedigree than the likes of the European mid tier brands,the Japanese and Korean brands without the shadow of a doubt.

I don't think any of my friends will consider driving korean. [laugh]

From personal experience,the industry a person works in will have a significant bearing on mentality especially on cars. For example,those in the banking and financial industry,Merc and BMW and the likes are bare minimum. Surprisingly not all of them have 5 figure incomes monthly. On the other hand,those from civil service say teaching usually opt for bb cars like altis and Vios. Of course one may argue that the incomes of civil servants pale in comparison to private sector but I personally noticed the difference in mentality especially the women in civil service. Most wouldn't even care less about the cars they or their husbands drive. Reliable and practical can liao. No need flashy. So I conclude we cannot generalize without looking into the details.
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

You very naughty.

Actually what else is there to mod. If you mod, the fuel consumption is much higher.

From personal experience,the industry a person works in will have a significant bearing on mentality especially on cars. For example,those in the banking and financial industry,Merc and BMW and the likes are bare minimum. Surprisingly not all of them have 5 figure incomes monthly. On the other hand,those from civil service say teaching usually opt for bb cars like altis and Vios. Of course one may argue that the incomes of civil servants pale in comparison to private sector but I personally noticed the difference in mentality especially the women in civil service. Most wouldn't even care less about the cars they or their husbands drive. Reliable and practical can liao. No need flashy. So I conclude we cannot generalize without looking into the details.

i know both types lol.

↡ Advertisement