A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

In another words, a lower performance car have 10k ves penatly more than itâs siblings whom have better performance. It is expecting to sell higher than them? Can sell a not?

The emissions tests simulate on road conditions right? So the weight of the platform also comes into it... VRS should be lighter than Superb so the emissions slightly better?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

yeah it's all rubbish.

Audi 2.0 no VES.

But Superb has it.

So just a matter of who's not tuning the engine to meet our current standards to save consumers the 10k right?

https://www.greencarcongress.com/2015/05/20150514-gen3b.html

A4 different engine.

Behind Audi’s new “rightsized” efficient EA888 Gen.3B family 14 May 2015

Audi’s new “rightsized” 2.0L Gen.3B engine maintains the displacement of the 2.0L Gen.3 and delivers the power of the 1.8L TFSI with the fuel consumption of the 1.4L TFSI. Click to enlarge.

Audi’s new higher-efficiency series-production 2.0 TFSI turbocharged gasoline direct injection engine introduced at the Vienna Motor Symposium last week is the first of the company’s EA888 Gen.3B family. The engine, featuring a new combustion method based on the Miller cycle, will be used for the first time in the next generation of the A4. (Earlier post.) The Miller cycle uses a higher expansion ratio than compression ratio (i.e., over-expansion) obtained by either early or late closing of the intake valves (EIVC and LIVC, respectively), resulting in a smaller effective compression stroke; combustion and expansion proceed normally.

The new Audi engine combines shorter intake events with a high geometric compression ratio; together with other refinements to the basic engine, the new combustion concept enables a reduction in combined cycle CO2 emissions of up to 10-12 g/km compared to its predecessor.

Something like our F16 SG .. and America F16.. different

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

After test drive the 1.4L kodiaq last year, intend to wait for the better performance 1.5L Karoq to Finalize my decision to get which car. Turn out that Karoq is as puny as vezel, CHR alike and using the famous dry clutch with a potetial 1.5L engine issue to go. When Kodiaq new shipment has arrived, price up by 10k ves and sign of coe going to be up up on the way

Actually i find kodiaq has a very good acceleration despite its 1.4L engine. I think carwow got test the car can hit 8.2s

Actually i find kodiaq has a very good acceleration despite its 1.4L engine. I think carwow got test the car can hit 8.2s

I personally find the 1.4L kodiaq outperforming my Teana 2.5l in daily driving.

• Praise 5

Is it normal to have a squeaking sound in the suspension every time getting into and out of the superb? Been hearing since collecting the car, not sure if this is normal..

Same experience from day one. Don't think it's a big deal.

Actually not a lot of size difference between Karoq and Kodiaq side by side. Best is to drop by the showroom to see them in person.

WhatsApp Image 2019-03-07 at 2.01.46 PM.jpeg

dimensions.png

The interior also play a part. Comparing 3 ppls sitting at rear to see their difference

Same thoughts here, was looking at the 1.4L Kodiaq, and it returned with the VES..

If you know the price last year, it makes no sense to pay the additional $10K VES.

And who knows, maybe they will bring in the 1.5L version soon..

You do a search on the net and it show that 1.5L kodiaq user is having issue with the new engine which is supposed to replace the 1.4L engine

I read from someone here in the forum commenting that 7 seater addition $500 on insurance. That is why i decided to wait for their 5 seater suv which is the koraq as i dont need 7 seater. Turn out that it is not valid after i request for quote. Infact the insurance is slightly cheaper due to 1.4L vs 1.5L.
  • Praise 3

Hi all, does anyone hv following on dash screen :-Check safelock owners manual?? Been there after ignition switched off.......how to get rid of it n is it a malfunction!?!?.....tks.

Turbocharged

Hi all, does anyone hv following on dash screen :-Check safelock owners manual?? Been there after ignition switched off.......how to get rid of it n is it a malfunction!?!?.....tks.

Not a malfunction. If I not wrong it just warn that the car will autolock after sometimes.

I choose to ignore it ever since.

Brake cables like many bros have shared.

Hi, I’m interested in getting a Skoda car can u pm me your contact? Thanks
  • Praise 1

After test drive the 1.4L kodiaq last year, intend to wait for the better performance 1.5L Karoq to Finalize my decision to get which car. Turn out that Karoq is as puny as vezel, CHR alike and using the famous dry clutch with a potetial 1.5L engine issue to go. When Kodiaq new shipment has arrived, price up by 10k ves and sign of coe going to be up up on the way

honestly din know karoq dsg is dry cos its torque is 250NM, so dry dq200 should not be used, unless got dry dq250...

funny thing is how come when vag introduce new tech like tis 1.5 tsi, always got issue....might as well keep the old 1.4 tsi with ACT...

oh its good i can attest....am i so jealous now that the new octavia 1.4 tsi has the same bhp and nm exactly and its 30k less with one row seat less...

• Praise 1

oh its good i can attest....am i so jealous now that the new octavia 1.4 tsi has the same bhp and nm exactly and its 30k less with one row seat less...

But octavia serves diff purpose, moreover kodiaq has more features and better build quality

Actually would like to know what potential issue for the 1.5?

Octavia 1.4 runs on the lesser gearbox me thinks

honestly din know karoq dsg is dry cos its torque is 250NM, so dry dq200 should not be used, unless got dry dq250...

funny thing is how come when vag introduce new tech like tis 1.5 tsi, always got issue....might as well keep the old 1.4 tsi with ACT...

250nm still uses dq200, believe only after 250nm then its a different GB. Even the passat 1.8 uses the dq200 IIRC

250nm still uses dq200, believe only after 250nm then its a different GB. Even the passat 1.8 uses the dq200 IIRC

ok then at least 1.4 kodiaq got unique selling propo since it uses dq250 wet dsg...

But octavia serves diff purpose, moreover kodiaq has more features and better build quality

thaiyo, u were asking if my kodiaq aircon strong enough?

yes it is, previously thought it wasnt, untill i opened up all air vents cos previously i close off some in front and behind when no passengers..

↡ Advertisement