A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Turbocharged

The new Octy is a looker unlike my ugly duckling :-(

Don't fret. Newer models will usuallyook nicer and updated..

The current Octavia not entirely ugly duckling by it's own standards. Esp the RS...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

New design impression looks like mixture of new passat front & back looks like new A5.
  • Praise 1

I was considering other aftermarket rims, but slowly loving this set of geminis.

its heavy.

Best to get an average good after mkt rims in the 8kg to 8.7Kg range. vs stock 13kg 

An oldie review. I supposed most are at the 9 to 10 year mark already.

https://youtu.be/pm7SjFkP6BU?t=140

as I said, its only an artist impression. Just like a condo, the actual site maybe facing a cemetery or a crematory instead of a lush greenery from the artist impression.

• Praise 1

its heavy.

Best to get an average good after mkt rims in the 8kg to 8.7Kg range. vs stock 13kg 

An oldie review. I supposed most are at the 9 to 10 year mark already.

https://youtu.be/pm7SjFkP6BU?t=140

as I said, its only an artist impression. Just like a condo, the actual site maybe facing a cemetery or a crematory instead of a lush greenery from the artist impression.

I work at Tuas, and the roads here are quite pot hole filled.

Have considered lighter, aftermarket, nicer looking ones.

But I also know the benefits that stock rims bring with their weight.

They are damn solid, and can take a beating, even if your tyre shreds.

Have seen locally a panemera collapsed on the front wheel, because its aftermarket wheel gave way after hitting a kerb.

Wah, the front axle was gone.

I can understand if the axle collapses, but this one was just 1 wheel, OMG.

My previous ride was on OZ Superturismos, they came in about 12kg each, but they were damn solid, lasted me like forever.

I left them to scrap with my jetta at VCS, because I thought that was where they belonged.

• Praise 1

I am actually eyeing these.

They looked very familiar.

Then I looked into my company product line. lol

https://vossenwheels.com/wheel/lc-103/

vossen seems to have a fair amount of replica and hence many starts to rethink if they will go for vossen if they driving a Bread and butter car

I work at Tuas, and the roads here are quite pot hole filled.

Have considered lighter, aftermarket, nicer looking ones.

But I also know the benefits that stock rims bring with their weight.

They are damn solid, and can take a beating, even if your tyre shreds.

Have seen locally a panemera collapsed on the front wheel, because its aftermarket wheel gave way after hitting a kerb.

Wah, the front axle was gone.

I can understand if the axle collapses, but this one was just 1 wheel, OMG.

My previous ride was on OZ Superturismos, they came in about 12kg each, but they were damn solid, lasted me like forever.

I left them to scrap with my jetta at VCS, because I thought that was where they belonged.

yup.. my old school desire is still TE37 ..

Some best bang for the buck are like the OZ that are flow form and reasonably price.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

vossen seems to have a fair amount of replica and hence many starts to rethink if they will go for vossen if they driving a Bread and butter car

yup.. my old school desire is still TE37 ..

Some best bang for the buck are like the OZ that are flow form and reasonably price.

I wonder if the vossens sold at autobacs real or not.

Should be real at least for the price listed! Autobacs do carry a limited selection of original rims, remember seeing rays and bbs too. Was tempted with the bbs ch-r but after seeing it in person, a little underwhelmed.

Edited by Pravinuss
  • Praise 1

Should be real at least for the price listed! Autobacs do carry a limited selection of original rims, remember seeing rays and bbs too. Was tempted with the bbs ch-r but after seeing it in person, a little underwhelmed.

The reason I asked is because the posted prices at autobacs for the vossen rims seemed abit too low to be true.

Hence if I was told they are replicas, I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Maybe I should take as face value that the tags laid there are "prices from".

The reason I asked is because the posted prices at autobacs for the vossen rims seemed abit too low to be true.

Hence if I was told they are replicas, I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Maybe I should take as face value that the tags laid there are "prices from".

Yes, when checking for the bbs pricing, it differed based on size, what was quoted i remember was the smallest in the range. Comparing their pricing for bbs at least, it seems to be similar to other dealers around. Not the lowest, but not far from it either.

Edited by Pravinuss

For genuine BBS, go South East tyres.

Any VAG stocklist to recommend?

Keen to get this rubber insert from A8.. supposed to damp the door closing sound and minimize the rattling on the move.

bdee689s-1920.jpg

Edited by Ody_2004

Any VAG stocklist to recommend?

Keen to get this rubber insert from A8.. supposed to damp the door closing sound and minimize the rattling on the move.

bdee689s-1920.jpg

Is this a stock part in the first place? Seems to be rubbing.
  • Praise 1