A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

I see. Rare to see another FXT switch to RS.

So what do you think compared to both rides... give and take right?

still hv the XT.

both have their pros and cons in the suv and sedan form

xt for space and driving height. Good to do trips to thailand, malaysia

vrs for an more fun drive with a lot lesser body roll. the pick up is crispier with fast dsg gear change. doesnt drink petrol like XT.

road noise more evident in vrs. need to change out the 19" rims

• Praise 1

Twincharged

still hv the XT.

vrs for an more fun drive with a lot lesser body roll. the pick up is crispier with fast dsg gear change. doesnt drink petrol like XT.

What’s your fuel consumption for both? And what road conditions? Just to have a rough idea.

What’s your fuel consumption for both? And what road conditions? Just to have a rough idea.

XT is 7-7.5km/l 60/40 (weekend)

vrs is 9-11km/l 50/50 (weekday)

XT is remapped, vrs is stock

different road conditions, different routes, same driver. WOT whenever road condition is possible

XT is 7-7.5km/l 60/40 (weekend)

vrs is 9-11km/l 50/50 (weekday)

XT is remapped, vrs is stock

different road conditions, different routes, same driver. WOT whenever road condition is possible

this is the ultimate best of both worlds experience! salute u!

aiyo, if u switch to kodiaq hor, think u will have the best of both worlds:)

kodiaq a lot less power than both fxt and vrs right?

kodiaq a lot less power than both fxt and vrs right?

Kodiaq is a lot heavier at 1.8 tons, and a toned down 2.0 engine, 177bhp, compared to the superb's 217hp, and the RS 241hp.

Am sure it will handle like any standard sized SUV.

But definitely not as nimble as the FXT.

Kodiaq is a lot heavier at 1.8 tons, and a toned down 2.0 engine, 177bhp, compared to the superb's 217hp, and the RS 241hp.

Am sure it will handle like any standard sized SUV.

But definitely not as nimble as the FXT.

absolutely correct, even if mod tune the 2.0 kodiaq, its also a 7 seater suv compared to 5 seater fxt...

Turbocharged
(edited)

still hv the XT.

Having driven both cars in the same roads and under same conditions, take both car in stock form.

Highway cruising and smooth traffic: not much difference between the FXT and RS245.

Extra urban small roads with multiple traffic stops and slow speeds: both are still bad due to 2.0T but the RS245 edges on this winning the FXT by around 1 to 2km/l.

The Forester is AWD and heavier but the CVT is the equalizer.

The RS245 eco function and stop start feature helps in its FC.

Edited by Pocus

can't wait for the superb FL to be revealed!

New superb is just a cosmetic facelift. I doubt the new hybrid engine will be introduced here.

Look out for the next gen Octavia launched later this year. Much improved styling.

Supercharged

I thought 1.4 just launched for Octavia to replace 1.0, so fast next gen already? So 1.4 lelong soon?

New superb is just a cosmetic facelift. I doubt the new hybrid engine will be introduced here.

Look out for the next gen Octavia launched later this year. Much improved styling.

I thought 1.4 just launched for Octavia to replace 1.0, so fast next gen already? So 1.4 lelong soon?

1.4 has been around like forever, just not in Singapore that kind of forever.

• Praise 1

(edited)

awesome review by Pocus....

few years back i was tempted by FXT as well, but ended up with a Renault Megane. which was a very good car honestly speaking, lots of features for an entry level car, French styling which i like very much. but same as the rest, i was eventually seduced by the power and drive of the RS.

Here are some of my feedback comparing RS to my previous Megane.

- missed the auto key lock feature of Megane. previously when i walk near the car, it will blink twice to let me know that the car has been unlocked. when i walk away, it will blink twice and autolock. is the autolock feature present in RS? I tried reading the manual but it's so chunky full of information lol.

- the under thigh support is much better in Megane. seems like the seat is shorter in RS and i do get a bit of fatigue after a long drive (never notice this during the short test drive). i'm quite tall at around 1.8m so might be that as well. no matter how i adjust the seat, still cannot get a comfortable position for a long drive. anyone has this issue as well?

- the boot of RS opens real high, some of the car parks got pipes at the back of the lot and i hit them a few times. also no one can close the boot now except for me lol, cos it's too high and heavy.

- proximity sensor of Megane is more detailed as it will show on the screen exactly how close you are to the obstacle via colour coding, and which section of the car you need to take note of. RS just beeps and tells you to check? i'm quite reliant on this because my home carpark ramp is really narrow so it helps, now just have to agar agar.

still running in now, so not much comments on the drive yet.  [:p]

also a quick shoutout to AriesGoat who's my SE. i actually tested a lot of Skoda cars and he was really patient with me the whole time even though i told him right from the start that i was just looking around and not really looking to change.

I tried Kodiaq at first because it's a 7 seater and will come in handy for my family but found it to be a bit too big (home carpark ramp narrow) and a bit too bulky in its drive. then i tested RS which i loved immediately but SO couldn't take the drive in Sports mode. then i went on to Superb which SO wasn't too impressed. so eventually went back to RS. and this was over a span of a few months lol.

Edited by Snokey
  • Praise 3

awesome review by Pocus....

few years back i was tempted by FXT as well, but ended up with a Renault Megane. which was a very good car honestly speaking, lots of features for an entry level car, French styling which i like very much. but same as the rest, i was eventually seduced by the power and drive of the RS.

Here are some of my feedback comparing RS to my previous Megane.

- missed the auto key lock feature of Megane. previously when i walk near the car, it will blink twice to let me know that the car has been unlocked. when i walk away, it will blink twice and autolock. is the autolock feature present in RS? I tried reading the manual but it's so chunky full of information lol.

- the under thigh support is much better in Megane. seems like the seat is shorter in RS and i do get a bit of fatigue after a long drive (never notice this during the short test drive). i'm quite tall at around 1.8m so might be that as well. no matter how i adjust the seat, still cannot get a comfortable position for a long drive. anyone has this issue as well?

- the boot of RS opens real high, some of the car parks got pipes at the back of the lot and i hit them a few times. also no one can close the boot now except for me lol, cos it's too high and heavy.

- proximity sensor of Megane is more detailed as it will show on the screen exactly how close you are to the obstacle via colour coding, and which section of the car you need to take note of. RS just beeps and tells you to check? i'm quite reliant on this because my home carpark ramp is really narrow so it helps, now just have to agar agar.

still running in now, so not much comments on the drive yet.  [:p]

1) No autolock, i can be 30metres away, and the car remains unlocked. Can do the beep beep confirmation via coding.

2) The seats are not comfortable for long drives, i cannot find a sweet spot, usually I end up with a slight ache on my lower back.

3) I try not to park in MSCPs on the insides where the railings are lower, because yes the boot opens damn high, if you no check, thats it man. Luckily I held on to it once, otherwise it spring up and ho ho ho bye bye glass window.

4) Got yellow, and red, and if you try to go beyond red, I believe the gear crunching sound will stop the car, kenna twice already.

• Praise 1

The current Octavia in European markets uses 1.5 engine. Same engine as karoq.

1.4 engine is phased out. Maybe brought in to sg to clear stocks. Anyhow it’s an upgrade to 1.0.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2