A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Supercharged

The current Octavia in European markets uses 1.5 engine. Same engine as karoq.

1.4 engine is phased out. Maybe brought in to sg to clear stocks. Anyhow it’s an upgrade to 1.0.

Oic. Any specs for the new Octavia that they are bringing in??

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Any one interested in the Skoda Scala coming to Singapore?  Is there a thread or whatsapp group for Skoda Scala?  

• Praise 2

Oic. Any specs for the new Octavia that they are bringing in??

The 1.4 is "new", by the time the 1.5 becomes new here, elsewhere have the FL edition.

• Praise 1

1) No autolock, i can be 30metres away, and the car remains unlocked. Can do the beep beep confirmation via coding.

2) The seats are not comfortable for long drives, i cannot find a sweet spot, usually I end up with a slight ache on my lower back.

3) I try not to park in MSCPs on the insides where the railings are lower, because yes the boot opens damn high, if you no check, thats it man. Luckily I held on to it once, otherwise it spring up and ho ho ho bye bye glass window.

4) Got yellow, and red, and if you try to go beyond red, I believe the gear crunching sound will stop the car, kenna twice already.

thanks for your views,

i think 1 just needs some getting used to. like now when i get into the car, i need to remember to off stop-start and on air-circulation within the car. last time only need to remember to off stop-start. again i know can be done via obd but scared of voiding warranty.

for 2, i wonder if those leg support on aliexpress will help, but like cover the original leather a bit stupid 

3) again something that needs getting used to.

4) i never see before, later i try to stop in the middle of the ramp and see if it appears  [:p]  . so if the car really going to hit obstacles it will stop automatically? that's interesting. potential to get stuck.

• Praise 2

awesome review by Pocus....

few years back i was tempted by FXT as well, but ended up with a Renault Megane. which was a very good car honestly speaking, lots of features for an entry level car, French styling which i like very much. but same as the rest, i was eventually seduced by the power and drive of the RS.

Here are some of my feedback comparing RS to my previous Megane.

- missed the auto key lock feature of Megane. previously when i walk near the car, it will blink twice to let me know that the car has been unlocked. when i walk away, it will blink twice and autolock. is the autolock feature present in RS? I tried reading the manual but it's so chunky full of information lol.

- the under thigh support is much better in Megane. seems like the seat is shorter in RS and i do get a bit of fatigue after a long drive (never notice this during the short test drive). i'm quite tall at around 1.8m so might be that as well. no matter how i adjust the seat, still cannot get a comfortable position for a long drive. anyone has this issue as well?

- the boot of RS opens real high, some of the car parks got pipes at the back of the lot and i hit them a few times. also no one can close the boot now except for me lol, cos it's too high and heavy.

- proximity sensor of Megane is more detailed as it will show on the screen exactly how close you are to the obstacle via colour coding, and which section of the car you need to take note of. RS just beeps and tells you to check? i'm quite reliant on this because my home carpark ramp is really narrow so it helps, now just have to agar agar.

still running in now, so not much comments on the drive yet. [:p]

also a quick shoutout to AriesGoat who's my SE. i actually tested a lot of Skoda cars and he was really patient with me the whole time even though i told him right from the start that i was just looking around and not really looking to change.

I tried Kodiaq at first because it's a 7 seater and will come in handy for my family but found it to be a bit too big (home carpark ramp narrow) and a bit too bulky in its drive. then i tested RS which i loved immediately but SO couldn't take the drive in Sports mode. then i went on to Superb which SO wasn't too impressed. so eventually went back to RS. and this was over a span of a few months lol.

There is a way to auto lock upon door closed, not walk away though. However that requires a bit of change to daily habits.

For eg, usually i will use keyless method to unlock car and open rear door to put or take things. If I had activated the auto lock, the car locks again as soon as I close the rear door. Which means i will need to wait a while to unlock car again to open the driver door. Quite troublesome.

Oh, and the auto lock is supposed to be a deadlock too. Haven't tried though.

As for proximity sensors, you need to activate the parking assist manually if you want it to show you the colours and areas.

• Praise 1

thanks for your views,

i think 1 just needs some getting used to. like now when i get into the car, i need to remember to off stop-start and on air-circulation within the car. last time only need to remember to off stop-start. again i know can be done via obd but scared of voiding warranty.

for 2, i wonder if those leg support on aliexpress will help, but like cover the original leather a bit stupid 

3) again something that needs getting used to.

4) i never see before, later i try to stop in the middle of the ramp and see if it appears  [:p]  . so if the car really going to hit obstacles it will stop automatically? that's interesting. potential to get stuck.

I also never go and code to remove all those unnecessary button pressing, if they came default, I leave it default, never know when you need it.

Those are the park assist sensors, they are quite sensitive, if your slope/ramp is slightly more steep, it will beep when you reach the end of it (because it senses the incline as an obstacle).

I don't recommend you push it to the limit, because that auto stop thing, feels like your gearbox being torn to shreds, literally. 

I also never go and code to remove all those unnecessary button pressing, if they came default, I leave it default, never know when you need it.

Those are the park assist sensors, they are quite sensitive, if your slope/ramp is slightly more steep, it will beep when you reach the end of it (because it senses the incline as an obstacle).

I don't recommend you push it to the limit, because that auto stop thing, feels like your gearbox being torn to shreds, literally. 

Sounds bad only or...?

• Praise 1

Sounds bad only or...?

It sounds terrible.

Like your guts being wrenched out of your body.

Like throwing a spanner into a bunch of fast running gears.

Turbocharged
(edited)

No harm done to gearbox, it's the sound of the auto brakes. Sounds a feels abit like ABS. But I was startled by it once or twice.

Fast reverse will also activate it, so I suggest you disable it in the menu

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 1

Calling all RS245 owners, does anyone has this prob? my IU vibrates btw 2-3k rpm with an annoying buzz when i accelerate in Sports mode or engine sound set to sport.

• Praise 3

Calling all RS245 owners, does anyone has this prob? my IU vibrates btw 2-3k rpm with an annoying buzz when i accelerate in Sports mode or engine sound set to sport.

Nope. Could it be the IU cover loose?

Nope. Could it be the IU cover loose?

Not too sure but i put my hand on the front windshield and noticed that it actually vibrates too when the fake engine sound is on. U mind checking if yours is the same?

IU rattle would be a better word in this case.
  • Praise 1

Never experience such problem. Your IU unit loose is it?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I got it but only on certain roads, particularly PIE. Some folks in chat got it too.

Not really bothering me since I travel PIE only once awhile.

Heard in chat that SCS already found a way to fix it, so you can ask them...

Turbocharged
(edited)

awesome review by Pocus....

few years back i was tempted by FXT as well, but ended up with a Renault Megane. which was a very good car honestly speaking, lots of features for an entry level car, French styling which i like very much. but same as the rest, i was eventually seduced by the power and drive of the RS.

Here are some of my feedback comparing RS to my previous Megane.

- missed the auto key lock feature of Megane. previously when i walk near the car, it will blink twice to let me know that the car has been unlocked. when i walk away, it will blink twice and autolock. is the autolock feature present in RS? I tried reading the manual but it's so chunky full of information lol.

- the under thigh support is much better in Megane. seems like the seat is shorter in RS and i do get a bit of fatigue after a long drive (never notice this during the short test drive). i'm quite tall at around 1.8m so might be that as well. no matter how i adjust the seat, still cannot get a comfortable position for a long drive. anyone has this issue as well?

- the boot of RS opens real high, some of the car parks got pipes at the back of the lot and i hit them a few times. also no one can close the boot now except for me lol, cos it's too high and heavy.

- proximity sensor of Megane is more detailed as it will show on the screen exactly how close you are to the obstacle via colour coding, and which section of the car you need to take note of. RS just beeps and tells you to check? i'm quite reliant on this because my home carpark ramp is really narrow so it helps, now just have to agar agar.

still running in now, so not much comments on the drive yet. [:p]

also a quick shoutout to AriesGoat who's my SE. i actually tested a lot of Skoda cars and he was really patient with me the whole time even though i told him right from the start that i was just looking around and not really looking to change.

I tried Kodiaq at first because it's a 7 seater and will come in handy for my family but found it to be a bit too big (home carpark ramp narrow) and a bit too bulky in its drive. then i tested RS which i loved immediately but SO couldn't take the drive in Sports mode. then i went on to Superb which SO wasn't too impressed. so eventually went back to RS. and this was over a span of a few months lol.

Think no autolock. It will lock the car after awhile if you have unlock it but did not open the door. But this is a common behaviour for most keyless cars. However if your car is running and you left the car the engine will cut off after some time. So remember to pass the key fob to your passenger before you go tabao food.

I'm mid statue 17+m height, so far ok. The seats are fine for me and better support than my Forester. It even has adjustable lumbar support which is a new thing for me. But I'm not used to the one piece head support where I can't adjust the head cushion.

Lol same complaint about the bootlid. I park at those old hdb carparks with pipes I already kena my spoiler, but luckily just minor brace. I attached a strap to my handle so OC can close but she complain so heavy need both hands to pull...lol. I saw onward some folks in Europe mod the hydraulics to make it lighter but the demo is not convincing and looks flimsy. Wont want the bootlid crashing on my head.

Don't test the brake assist limit pls. It only auto brake in reverse I think.

As for Kodiaq. Like I said before, I'd keep my Forester. Not becos it's a bad car. Both cars have almost the same features apart from the extra 2 seats. I just can't get past the way the 6 speed DSG reacts to the throttle in the initial take off. The 1.4 was more reactive but sizzle at mid rev, probably due to the weight and torque. The 2.0T was lethargic at that split first second before the the torque came in, the exact same complain I had for the MK7 GTI I drove few years back. Quite disappointing to feel this in the Kodiaq but no surprise as they use the same DQ250 gearbox. The Kodiaqs drive like hippos too, the DCC on the 2.0 merely made it a stiffer hippo.

Surprisingly the CVT of the FXT had much better feel in throttle response. The FXT is like a Kodiaq with 5 seats and drives like a Superb. So there no motivation for me to switch.

But dont get me wrong, they are still good cars and drive exactly how they were built. One buy a kodiak for its features not to drive sporty.

My OC loved the Kodiaq though but we eventually agree no point going from a Forester to same ingredient different name Kodiaq. The RS is a different dish altogether.

Edited by Pocus

Neutral Newbie

Saw that kodiaq L&K is available now. from the website it cost about 10k more than the 2.0 style... was wondering beside virtual cockpit what other features are added..

• Praise 1

Not too sure but i put my hand on the front windshield and noticed that it actually vibrates too when the fake engine sound is on. U mind checking if yours is the same?

IU rattle would be a better word in this case.

I tried the engine sound set to sports today.

The sound is buzzy but not rattling to the extent the IU will shake.

I touched the windscreen too, its not as bad as you described the vibration to be.

The sound generation module is right below the windscreen wipers, so yes there is basis for the dash and screen to vibrate.

The only way for the IU to rattle is because it is not mounted properly to the screen via its adhesive surface.

Other possibility is a loose component within the IU housing itself that is vibrating.

If you have the FOC IU cover that your SE gave you, I suggest you remove it first, and troubleshoot/eliminate that source.

I do not have an IU cover, because my SE say no stock, can come back another day to collect, but I said "f**k this sh*t".

On another note, my engine sound is set to comfort, because it is generally irritating.

The reason for changing out my intakes, and turbo entry components is so I no need to listen to that crap.

Waiting for my BBK to ship in end of the month, and throw in the diverter valve, while at it.

So what's the difference? Is it green or orange or red?

It is default green, regardless you on headlights/engine.

It is orange only when you have that setting on to show.

↡ Advertisement