A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

nice.. lelong started.

Those prices are not as attractive without the lelong due to the COE rise

SUPERB AMBITION PLUS

2.0 TSI 162 kW

VES Banding: C1

Price: SGD 138,900 (Limited Clearance Units)

Oh no...there's gonna be 1.8 Superb too.
↡ Advertisement

Is it uniquely a Superb issue to have coolant and EO topped up before the first service?

I know a number if owners, including myself, to have done that. Most did after visual checks, rather than seeing warnings on their MFD.

Any feedbacks from other skoda owners, esp those Kodiak 2.0 or RS owners.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Is it uniquely a Superb issue to have coolant and EO topped up before the first service?

I know a number if owners, including myself, to have done that. Most did after visual checks, rather than seeing warnings on their MFD.

Any feedbacks from other skoda owners, esp those Kodiak 2.0 or RS owners.ðð

Probably because it was not at "your" ideal level to begin with.

Unless you took a record of the levels at time of collection.

But again different time, date and operation will fluctuate levels.

I only topped up my EO before the 15K once, not because it was below level, but because I felt it was not at my preferred level.

Edited by adrian140180
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Any feedbacks from other skoda owners, esp those Kodiak 2.0 or RS owners.ðð

Were the visual checks done correctly?
  • Praise 1

I topped up EO a little bit, but more because I had spare oil.

For coolant, it went below Min level, with no warning. So i added distilled water, then added coolant.

post-196696-0-15116400-1557631560_thumb.jpg

• Praise 4

Probably because it was not at "your" ideal level to begin with.

Unless you took a record of the levels at time of collection.

But again different time, date and operation will fluctuate levels.

I only topped up my EO before the 15K once, not because it was below level, but because I felt it was not at my preferred level.

I must confess I did not check the levels at time of collection. Not a habit if mine coming from a jipun ride. I don't remember opening the bonnet myself for the last 9 years. Lol.
  • Praise 2

How much oil your engine consumed depends very much how well u run it in when its new (1st 2000km).

I've done 5300+km since. Not a single drop of oil lose.

• Praise 7

Turbocharged

I must confess I did not check the levels at time of collection. Not a habit if mine coming from a jipun ride. I don't remember opening the bonnet myself for the last 9 years. Lol.ð

He asked me to worry after 3 years...that's his experience. Buy ours ea888 3rd generation leh.

I suppose as a mechanic he doesn't really care. If it's spoiled, he'll see you more often, that's all... Owners gotta rely on themselves to ensure their ride is properly maintained.

For coolant, it went below Min level, with no warning. So i added distilled water, then added coolant.

My Toyota also, coolant keep dropping. 29 month old car.

I have 2 reservoirs, Upper and Lower Peirce.

This is the Upper Pierce, first time I noticed it dropped below minimum so I topped it up to full.

This is the second time it dropped. Although not minimum..

post-1798-0-63547900-1557637757_thumb.jpeg

This is the Lower Pierce. First time I noticed it dropped so I topped it up too.

post-1798-0-40376900-1557637810_thumb.jpeg

The two reservoirs are independent. Topping up one doesn't affect the other.

Btw I'm on a RS245 spotting spree. Saw another one again this morning parked along Kellock outside St Bern's Church.

• Praise 4

My Toyota also, coolant keep dropping. 29 month old car.

I have 2 reservoirs, Upper and Lower Peirce.

This is the Upper Pierce, first time I noticed it dropped below minimum so I topped it up to full.

This is the second time it dropped. Although not minimum..

attachicon.gif8D606010-4DB9-4FC0-9B6F-58BB4312EFC4.jpeg

This is the Lower Pierce. First time I noticed it dropped so I topped it up too.

attachicon.gifF955FFF5-C763-44F0-A3E0-EC99F73958F6.jpeg

The two reservoirs are independent. Topping up one doesn't affect the other.

Btw I'm on a RS245 spotting spree. Saw another one again this morning parked along Kellock outside St Bern's Church.

Your ride is Lexus. Not Toyota. Lol

• Praise 9

Twincharged

for the coolant, its normal.

BUT please monitor as the rate of water pump failure is rather high for GTI and R

• Praise 4

some kodiaq owners in wa grp did reported lower coolant level without warning signs, either top up own or go dialogue reception for free top ups

since then i have been reminding new kodiaq owners to check delivery coolant level:)

• Praise 2

Twincharged
(edited)

How much oil your engine consumed depends very much how well u run it in when its new (1st 2000km).

I've done 5300+km since. Not a single drop of oil lose.

those that hit 10,000Km seldom have any need to top up from that point onwards. Even on the NSHW.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Engine operation will cause your coolant fluid levels to fluctuate high and low. It can be fluid expansion, or even temperature causing pressure to push the level down. Hence the pressure cap on top of the expansion tank where you check the levels. Have seen levels below the min level only to see it later back to normal or more. So I recommend if you really want to check, wait till the engine is cold, then unlock the pressure cap. That is the most accurate of levels.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4