A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Never done on the skoda but my prev car UI no hole and the film is strong enough to hold the UI with 3M clear tape...

those that have the iron shielding particles tends to disrupt the signal and hence there is a cutout.

If yours does not have a hole, just make sure that the IU that was removed does not delaminate the tint. Look at the double sided tape and you should be able to tell. 

↡ Advertisement

I didn't have a hole on the previous car too, but somehow vcool needs a hole cut out. You all didn't get the free solar film?

• Praise 1

Erm...but how is the conclusion different from what we have discussed earlier?

His conclusion is it can be done, however this is an FeC protected feature.

Besides sending the unit back to factory to enable.

The alternatives are to use ODIS with  Fazit access, or send it to APG in Poland.

https://www.apg.org.pl/

VAG uses FeC to prevent retrofitters tampering with some of their essential system coding.

Take for example DCC.

DCC as we know is not purely a plug and play feature, there is wiring, software, and hardware all working together.

You can just drop your car off at any workshop, and install the DCC hardware, next thing they have to deal with is making your car software work together with the hardware.

If everything works out, great, but what if one feature was missed out, and it happened to do with safety, and you get killed or injured because the retrofit was not done proper?

Even though it was self installed, the last thing your car manufacturer wants is to be is in the limelight, because one of their "inbuilt" features did not work.

• Praise 2

Sorry, typo. I meant alarm chirp on lock/unlock.

Comfort seat memory is when the seat auto slides back when you open door to exit, and auto slide back to your saved setting after you enter and close door.

Your car comes with 2 rear fogs, no need market.

Yes some are pointless or seldom used, but at least all can be activated without adding new controllers like ACC.

Anyway, read from UK forums that to activate the performance gauges for cars that don't come with it requires some program pin which only factory has.

If Elebest tries mainly through tweaking, then hope something else doesn't screw up. Those are binary codes, not easy to undo. The best assurance is if they had done it on the same car before, even a Golf won't count.

Same conclusion what...how come it's a eureka now.

• Praise 1

His conclusion is it can be done, however this is an FeC protected feature.

Besides sending the unit back to factory to enable.

The alternatives are to use ODIS with Fazit access, or send it to APG in Poland.

https://www.apg.org.pl/

VAG uses FeC to prevent retrofitters tampering with some of their essential system coding.

Take for example DCC.

DCC as we know is not purely a plug and play feature, there is wiring, software, and hardware all working together.

You can just drop your car off at any workshop, and install the DCC hardware, next thing they have to deal with is making your car software work together with the hardware.

If everything works out, great, but what if one feature was missed out, and it happened to do with safety, and you get killed or injured because the retrofit was not done proper?

Even though it was self installed, the last thing your car manufacturer wants is to be is in the limelight, because one of their "inbuilt" features did not work.

Ya, you may turn your car into a hybrid.

And no need to ask SCS for the code or pin. As this UK forummer put it so aptly "Not as easy as that. Been to mine and they looked like I’d asked them for Fridays Euro Lottery numbers." Probably same reaction from SCS.

Ya, you may turn your car into a hybrid.

And no need to ask SCS for the code or pin. As this UK forummer put it so aptly "Not as easy as that. Been to mine and they looked like I’d asked them for Fridays Euro Lottery numbers." Probably same reaction from SCS.

The same FeC codes to "pass" emission standards are also located in there. lol

• Praise 1

because of harrier torque converter, my friend changed his 2.5 yr old harrier to bmw... buy more worries...  [laugh]

Thats why he is here asking any owner review lol
True harrier torque converter alot problem but its not as famous as DSG lol

• Praise 1

because of harrier torque converter, my friend changed his 2.5 yr old harrier to bmw... buy more worries...  [laugh]

don tell me bmw using ZF torque conv AT also cannot make it ah?

• Praise 1

don tell me bmw using ZF torque conv AT also cannot make it ah?

Bmw zf so far no prob for me nvr hear any issue about it

Neither experienced it

because of harrier torque converter, my friend changed his 2.5 yr old harrier to bmw... buy more worries... [laugh]

Crazy good luck to him. I changed from bmw because its problematic lol

Bmw zf so far no prob for me nvr hear any issue about it

Neither experienced it

Crazy good luck to him. I changed from bmw because its problematic lol

What bmw were you driving and what problems?

So am I the only one with whirring sound from steering wheel so far?

My sw also has very faint whirring/swoosh sound when turning rapidly at parking speed. But my car is not Skoda. Hydraulic steering btw. Sorry for OT
  • Praise 2

So am I the only one with whirring sound from steering wheel so far?

Is yours always there? I have heard this whirring sound before, usually when I am leaving the MSCP from a cold start and turning down the ramps.

Is yours always there? I have heard this whirring sound before, usually when I am leaving the MSCP from a cold start and turning down the ramps.

Yup. Same...by the time I exit the mscp, my speakers should be blasting.

I didn't have a hole on the previous car too, but somehow vcool needs a hole cut out. You all didn't get the free solar film?

Vkool uses some kind of metallic components in their films where by it might block the signal to IU, therefore some vkool films will require the cut out. 

But we got the cheapest grade of vkool so I don't remember the cut out.

I have since change out the film and definitely no cut out.

Hopefully the IU change in 2020 wont affect my film.

I had that too when i turn it very fast during parking or sharp turns.

• Praise 1

bros, i am considering the 2.0 tsi superb. the ambition plus is sold out。the L&K is too exp for me. only left the basic superb. it does not come with reverse camera but my CO wants a reverse camera. any recommendations on the reverse camera or alternative?

• Praise 2

bros, i am considering the 2.0 tsi superb. the ambition plus is sold outãthe L&K is too exp for me. only left the basic superb. it does not come with reverse camera but my CO wants a reverse camera. any recommendations on the reverse camera or alternative?

Bro how much they offering for trade in?

For reverse camera, you can call them up to ask

https://m.facebook.com/AVANTAGE.VAG/videos/446102442597543/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2