VES 2018

• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
2086 replies to this topic | 7,536 praises

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:16 AM

Auron
  • Auron
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Seems like NTUC Comfort made the right decision in using the Hyundai Ioniq Hyrbid instead of the Toyota Prius. With the new VES, Ioniq will be in Band A1 and the Prius drops to Band B, a difference of $30K between these 2!

where did it state that ioniq hybrid stays at band A1?

the article only state that prius hybrid become neutral...

and most probably full electric car can be graded A1... 

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:39 AM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

First of all I would be very curious as to how LTA will measure these figures for each and every car, and what happens if there is dispute with manufacturer's official figures. Going from last round CEVS process and how LTA generally does things, I foresee a lot of cock up and frustration.

Secondly the standards seem extremely harsh. Band A1 looks to be strictly for zero emissions vehicles only, so only pure electric vehicles like BMW i3 and the China BYD will qualify. But if they wanna pull that Tesla bullsh*t again about measuring from the electric grid then it might not even be enough and nobody will qualify for Band A1.

And if Prius, already one of the cleanest around, is only in Neutral Band, then vast majority of cars today will incur surcharge. And we all know what that means...

Edited by Benarsenal, 09 March 2017 - 02:43 AM.

RH1667, Notsogoodman and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:03 AM

No_worries
  • Premium member
    No_worries
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Some of the more popular models Qashqai 1.2 will incur a surcharge of 20k according to Chris Tan.

Am I am seeing right?

Untitled.jpg

Edited by No_worries, 09 March 2017 - 06:07 AM.

Mustank and Doppel praised this

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:53 AM

Fungyee77
  • Fungyee77
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Some of the more popular models Qashqai 1.2 will incur a surcharge of 20k according to Chris Tan.

Am I am seeing right?

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

Appears the main impact is on diesel and on small capacity turbos - both of which tend to be low CO2 and relatively high NOx.

So not just Qashdai 1.2T, but Astra 1.0T and A4 1.4T will also be heavily hit. 

Mustank and Tianmo praised this

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:02 AM

Spring

Appears the main impact is on diesel and on small capacity turbos - both of which tend to be low CO2 and relatively high NOx.

What about your Sorento bro? My 2GT has gone from -$10k to +$20k😬😬
Carbon82 praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:11 AM

No_worries
  • Premium member
    No_worries
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Tough luck. A surcharge doesn't translate into higher scrap value at the end of 10 years =(

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:16 AM

Fungyee77
  • Fungyee77
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What about your Sorento bro? My 2GT has gone from -$10k to +$20kð¬ð¬

Wow that's a $30k turnaround. Crazy.

Sorento went from zero to $20k.

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:26 AM

Benni09
  • Benni09
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Pardon me if I'm wrong, current popular kimchi makes like elantra and K3 oso kana based on CO2 emissions alone.

Edited by Benni09, 09 March 2017 - 07:41 AM.

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

Dinkydong
  • Premium member
    Dinkydong
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

where did it state that ioniq hybrid stays at band A1?

the article only state that prius hybrid become neutral...

and most probably full electric car can be graded A1... 

Ioniq's emissions: http://www.nextgreen...omatic-6-speed/

Prius emissions: http://www.nextgreen...ously-variable/

If i am not wrong, the reason why the Prius drops down to Band B is because of its NOx emission whereas the Ioniq is way much cleaner, only 2 mg/km vs 16 mg/km. As such, it falls under A1 band whereas the Prius will be in the Band B category.

Edited by Dinkydong, 09 March 2017 - 08:00 AM.

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:14 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Am I am seeing right?

Untitled.jpg

Even yes,
No-worries-Web-page-size1.jpg
:grin:
RH1667 praised this

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:19 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Mazda 3. Qq
Immediately sales plummet.

Imagine price increase by 20k over night?

Ultimate winner?

Toyota altis. Huat Ah!

Tough luck. A surcharge doesn't translate into higher scrap value at the end of 10 years =(

But definitely translate to higher car price

But on a positive note. Can we all pay tribute to Toyota?

Their altis really lives up to its name.
Even such drastic changes altis has no difference.

Silent hero

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:21 AM

Doppel
  • Premium member
    Doppel
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I think this new Vehicular Emissions Scheme (VES) is out to collect more money from car buyers.

Even the Toyota Prius is not spared: it shall moved to a neutral band under the new scheme.

Just look at the measures that the Government has implemented for the past few months:

1.  Increase in parking coupons;

2.  Increase in PAP's Town Councils' S&CC;

3.  Increase in water charges (30%);

4.  New Carbon Tax;

5.  Re-banding of VES.

All were given in the name of either long-time haven't increased, water is a strategic resource, more environmentally friendly.

The Government is racking its brains out, as the 2017's Budget is expected to have a basis deficit of $5.6 billion; they expect to plug this gap through the Net Investment Return (NIR) incomes from Temasek and GIC.

So, I would suggest that you spare yourselves doing all the analysis and spreadsheets on which car has the lowest carbon footprint and the lowest VES surcharge or highest rebate, the Government has already covered all the angles.

The only carbon "neutral" transport now is Bus No. 11.

Victor68, Mustank, RH1667, ins1dious, Jp66, Mkl22 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

Rooney3
  • Rooney3
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Mazda 3. Qq
Immediately sales plummet.

Imagine price increase by 20k over night?

Ultimate winner?

Toyota altis. Huat Ah!
But definitely translate to higher car price

But on a positive note. Can we all pay tribute to Toyota?

Their altis really lives up to its name.
Even such drastic changes altis has no difference.

Silent hero

Think can get ready for some brands special promotion this week to get rid of stocks (some as far back as 2016). If not how to compete come 2018.

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:30 AM

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Special deals for models that are affected big time - but hold your horses. Prices won't change or drop so early in the game. They will and maintain the prices first and catch folks who are still unawares. Later on in the year things will drop. But don't wait too long, otherwise stocks will be gone.
Or buy Mercedes! Euro 6 compliant FTW :)
Mustank praised this

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:33 AM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

can anyone explain. these cars effectively will cost more when the scheme kicks in. so it makes sense that they are cheaper now. but the fact that they are not that CO free, will they cost more to maintain when they are due for emmision test?

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:37 AM

Aaronlkl
  • Premium member
    Aaronlkl
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sum garbagement really hate to see u drive!
"If in doubt, Flat out!"

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:39 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think this new Vehicular Emissions Scheme (VES) is out to collect more money from car buyers.

Even the Toyota Prius is not spared: it shall moved to a neutral band under the new scheme.

Just look at the measures that the Government has implemented for the past few months:

1. Increase in parking coupons;
2. Increase in PAP's Town Councils' S&CC;
3. Increase in water charges (30%);
4. New Carbon Tax;
5. Re-banding of VES.

All were given in the name of either long-time haven't increased, water is a strategic resource, more environmentally friendly.

The Government is racking its brains out, as the 2017's Budget is expected to have a basis deficit of $5.6 billion; they expect to plug this gap through the Net Investment Return (NIR) incomes from Temasek and GIC.

So, I would suggest that you spare yourselves doing all the analysis and spreadsheets on which car has the lowest carbon footprint and the lowest VES surcharge or highest rebate, the Government has already covered all the angles.

You want me to add on since Feb?

0.1cent per litre increase in diesel. Minial or outrageous? This mean 18000ltr per truck load I am paying 1800 dollar for tax. Petrochemical company call it duty! 0.1cent is tax on tax! Your should know what I mean.
Doppel and Mustank praised this

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:58 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Increase water rate by 30% and than come out and declare coffee won't increase!

I feel so retarded. Make me feel like I am IMH in house patient.
Aaronlkl praised this

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:01 AM

Heman75
  • Premium member
    Heman75
    Supercharged
    Author Image

1.  Increase in parking coupons;

2.  Increase in PAP's Town Councils' S&CC;

3.  Increase in water charges (30%);

4.  New Carbon Tax;

5.  Re-banding of VES.

economy bad.. no income.. the fastest and safest way is suck from us.. Such move will never be wrong.. it is like children no money so take from who? parents la even parent no money, they will still give, they will suffer not the pampered kid.

Aaronlkl praised this

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

Butakim
  • Butakim
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Am I am seeing right?

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

Should be +25k.

+20K based on new scheme and loss of the -5k.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: coe, car, ves, 2018

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users