VES 2018

Fuelsaver

Sometimes, it could be worthwhile to visit 3rd world countries and you will appreciate life better.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Sometimes, it could be worthwhile to visit 3rd world countries and you will appreciate life better.

Why not we compare 1st world to 1st world.. Other 1st world countries got so much nonsense?

• Praise 4

when is the scheme kick in and has all the blood sucker AD raise their car price already?

gotta change car liao before kena fck by govt and AD [sly]

calling davidtch 540i msport MTL ... [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Bitter pills one time take all. [dead]

Dunno still got how many to come.

1 more i know

satellite base road erp

• Praise 5

when is the scheme kick in and has all the blood sucker AD raise their car price already?

gotta change car liao before kena fck by govt and AD [sly]

calling davidtch 540i msport MTL ... [laugh]

just share what I think, I might be wrong hor .

If aiming for greener one, no brainer decision, wait for next year when new scheme kicks in.

If think get those not very green this year can avoid the additional surcharge, think again. How this group will fare when the scheme to make sure owner 'upkeep' their vehicle kicks in. Able to benchmark well compared to the greener ones? If owner cannot take it at that time and want to sell before the next 'checkup', imagine how the resale value of this group will turn out.

Maybe I think too conservatively.

So how if die die must buy this year? Anyone wants to share your view?

colleague going for E class this weekend.

chop chop curry pop

No hope for COE drop, everybody KCS will  be rushing for car before end of the year.

Let's face it. Eventually market will adjust to suit.

Those that incur surcharge, the price will go up accordingly, but people will still buy. Trust me.

• Praise 1

Let's face it. Eventually market will adjust to suit.

Those that incur surcharge, the price will go up accordingly, but people will still buy. Trust me.

That depends bro..

For the high end, the COE and surcharge are a small factor.

For the average Joe, his / her choice of cars will definitely change.

After all, why buy a QQ 1.2T for 25k more, when one can consider other cars? Sure the driver may have liked the QQ, but if it's going to be so much, then the same budget will then be able to buy a Merc or some other car.

Take the current price of a QQ - around 105k or so. Add 25k to that, and the choice of cars is quite different. If the buyer wishes to stick to his budget because that's all he can spend, he may well force himself to like a Corolla. At that range of the market, buyer tend to buy on price rather than form or style.

At the higher end, a Rolls Royce buyer is hardly moved when VES adds a surcharge of 30k or so.

If you look at the Merc / BMW / Audi forums, there's very little chatter about the carbon tax or VES. Small blip only.

• Praise 3

just share what I think, I might be wrong hor .

If aiming for greener one, no brainer decision, wait for next year when new scheme kicks in.

If think get those not very green this year can avoid the additional surcharge, think again. How this group will fare when the scheme to make sure owner 'upkeep' their vehicle kicks in. Able to benchmark well compared to the greener ones? If owner cannot take it at that time and want to sell before the next 'checkup', imagine how the resale value of this group will turn out.

Maybe I think too conservatively.

So how if die die must buy this year? Anyone wants to share your view?

It's not a matter of green or not. Like for like, at the same COE level, prices of most cars are going up.

This is a disguised tax increase across the board, using diesel emissions as an excuse to include NOx as a factor.

For instance, if you are buying a green Prius, prices increase $30k next year. A green Ioniq? Prices increase $10k.

• Praise 8

Not surprise the full force effect of taxing is out this year. Why? Cos election is last year and to the next is another couple of years away. The timing is just nice from the political view point. Soon, everyone will take it as the norm. More than enough time to vent the anger thru complaints in the forum rather than vent it on a voting paper!

Edited by Hosaybo
  • Praise 3

They call it 'enough political float' to implement these changes as 70% sinkies choose them. Siew dai giving out freebies and kah dai in increasing taxes.

Remember water prices will go up 30% next year and my favourite kopitiam has already increase their prices.

Not surprise the full force effect of taxing is out this year. Why? Cos election is last year and to the next is another couple of years away. The timing is just nice from the political view point. Soon, everyone will take it as the norm. More than enough time to vent the anger thru complaints in the forum rather than vent it on a voting paper!

Edited by No_worries
  • Praise 4

It's not a matter of green or not. Like for like, at the same COE level, prices of most cars are going up.

This is a disguised tax increase across the board, using diesel emissions as an excuse to include NOx as a factor.

For instance, if you are buying a green Prius, prices increase $30k next year. A green Ioniq? Prices increase $10k.

I seldom praise people.

But u said it aptly.

Disguised tax increase

The current cevs at least u have cars at both ends of the spectrum. Which is fair

I seldom praise people.

But u said it aptly.

Disguised tax increase

The current cevs at least u have cars at both ends of the spectrum. Which is fair

• Praise 1

This is call retribution.

Seeing all the "encouraging" trailer on MSN what first time grant, more child care etc..etc.. no mention of the 30%, car emission, parking rate, town councik fee etc etc...

Propaganda!

They call it 'enough political float' to implement these changes as 70% sinkies choose them. Siew dai giving out freebies and kah dai in increasing taxes.

Remember water prices will go up 30% next year and my favourite kopitiam has already increase their prices.

Taking about water price, almost all public basin installed with those water saving fixture and water pressure has been reduced until so low that now I am using more than triple the amount of time to achieve the same cleaning quality.

And my company's toilet flushing water is tuned until so low that need to do a few rounds of flushing to clear most of the droppings.

My productivity suffers! If keep to the same washing time to save water, that's the intention right, my quality suffers!

Sometimes can penalize those good operator for unhygienic practice or food contamination, can collect some fine also. Isn't it great?

This is call retribution.

Seeing all the "encouraging" trailer on MSN what first time grant, more child care etc..etc.. no mention of the 30%, car emission, parking rate, town councik fee etc etc...

Propaganda!ð­ð­ð 

No retribution lah

It's simply a case that someone has to pay for all these 'freebies' we like to demand.

And there are alternative cars

↡ Advertisement