Advice on Motor Accident Claim

Vinceh

If accident happened on Saturday, still need to make accident report within 24hrs?

Not sure if office is open on Sunday.

7/24 hotline.

If insurer has onsite accident management team like NTUC Orange, call them to go to accident site (rather than after leaving accident site).  The team will assist in accident reporting.

↡ Advertisement

7/24 hotline.

If insurer has onsite accident management team like NTUC Orange, call them to go to accident site (rather than after leaving accident site). The team will assist in accident reporting.

Noted. Thanks.

Hi all, the car I was driving was hit by a taxi from behind. I have reported to insurance, intending to claim from the other party. But 5 days has passed and I have yet to hear anything.is it the taxi did not report the case? What can I do? Can I call the taxi driver?

Hi all, the car I was driving was hit by a taxi from behind. I have reported to insurance, intending to claim from the other party. But 5 days has passed and I have yet to hear anything.is it the taxi did not report the case? What can I do? Can I call the taxi driver?

Call your insurance company to check if there was an accident report made from the other party in the system. They are able to see it.

Call your insurance company to check if there was an accident report made from the other party in the system. They are able to see it.

If they say no,what can I do?

Then change the workshop.

Straight forward case of rear collision also cannot handle, better close shop.

Give your business to someone else.

I assume you do have photos of the aftermath or vid.

Call the taxi driver or taxi company and check why no report. Then proceed to make a police report.

Can also leave it to your workshop to settle for u.

Er ....... as you are not claiming your insurance, you can proceed to go to a workshop who will and can file a claim against the other party insurance lor.

Most good workshop will not start repair until the liability is clear lor.

I guess I will be patient and wait for other party assessor to contact insurer

Have u called ur insurer to check? If u do nothing, nothing will be done.

If it was a straight-forward hit from behind case, many workshops will be queuing up to do the job. But of course, workshops won't know that you want to do third party claim unless you tell them.

Ah yes, remember to implicitly  say "I want to claim Loss of Use".  Most do, bad one claim and pocket it, good ones claim the actual time for loss of use.  Better one claim .....

Never take courtesy car because you usually won't know the excess until it happened again.  Excess usually $2500 lor as it is a rental car.

Claim 3rd party hor ....

Finally tomorrow survey will be done to assess damage

Ah yes, remember to implicitly say "I want to claim Loss of Use". Most do, bad one claim and pocket it, good ones claim the actual time for loss of use. Better one claim .....

Never take courtesy car because you usually won't know the excess until it happened again. Excess usually $2500 lor as it is a rental car.

Claim 3rd party hor ....

I don't understand. What do you mean bad one claim and pocket it, good ones claim the actual time..?
↡ Advertisement