10x10 running challenge, 4Dec17-11Feb18

Tianmo

roger. 5pm. see u there.

[thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup] . Yah see you there 5pm.

Today i think mostly go wayang one, do a symbolic run to close the challenge!!!.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Someone said next challenge is HM, so today wear my running belt ..

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180209-212404.jpg

wah, my target sia, [thumbsup] 

I was quietly aiming to do a HM under 2:30 hrs, but is no know which year which day!!!  [:/]

And yeah, my new belts came this morning, hopefully now can really 变身,闪电骑士一号!!!! [:p]  [laugh]

wah lau, we just broke the combine distance of 200km for this week, standing at 212km now, making the avg distance among the 12 runners 17.5km!!! [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

And we just have a new 10km run this morning from @credor!!! [thumbsup]

This thing getting a little crazy.  [:p]

I told you, my first 10 km took 2 years, my first 21 km took another 2 years and boh hao siao. You did 10 km in 10 weeks. 21 km in 21 weeks! 閃電騎士 GO GO Let's GO ! [laugh][thumbsup]

o0400025513602844386.jpg

YES SIR!!! [thumbsup]

I shall do it!!! 

变身, 闪电骑士一号!!! 

here is our song!!!  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Siao lang must do siao way [laugh] [laugh]

我是siao lang, 我是siao lang, 我是siao lang!!!! 重要的事说三偏!!!  :XD:

U, @theoldjaffa, @SiLangKia, @Mason016 and @Davidtch come and I can squat one side liao. ð¤£ð¤£

No lah, come to long distance running, you, @Davidtch, @Mason16 are the leads.

If you ever see our strava group, my running distance each is about 5km nia. Only once a while touch 10km.

• Praise 2

everyone knocking down the 10km like sup sup sui lol

My personal opinion is, you would have easily done 10km on your last 8km run, had you regulated and slowed down your speed.

your 1st 4km was very consistent, and then you speed up after 4km to do a PR for 5km, after that you pick up speed some more until you hong kan at 8km. That run you seem to be trying to do speed more than distance, so 8km become the max distance at max out speed. 

Speed and distance, if we have both we are pro liao. Amateur like us can only choose one and work towards the other one.  Maybe you choose to work on speed and push for distance later, then you must be very clear not to compare distance liao, otherwise you may overstretch. 

I choose to teach my body distance and push for speed at half the distance later, so in order for me to max out speed at 5km, I must be able to do a 10km. To better my 10km timing, my body will need to know it can run for 20km, reduce the distance and I can cheong.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

So while you are looking at others distance, others are also looking at your faster pace. same same one!!! [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

My personal opinion is, you would have easily done 10km on your last 8km run, had you regulated and slowed down your speed.

your 1st 4km was very consistent, and then you speed up after 4km to do a PR for 5km, after that you pick up speed some more until you hong kan at 8km. That run you seem to be trying to do speed more than distance, so 8km become the max distance at max out speed.

Speed and distance, if we have both we are pro liao. Amateur like us can only choose one and work towards the other one. Maybe you choose to work on speed and push for distance later, then you must be very clear not to compare distance liao, otherwise you may overstretch.

I choose to teach my body distance and push for speed at half the distance later, so in order for me to max out speed at 5km, I must be able to do a 10km. To better my 10km timing, my body will need to know it can run for 20km, reduce the distance and I can cheong. [:p][laugh][laugh]

So while you are looking at others distance, others are also looking at your faster pace. same same one!!! [thumbsup]

That's is I agree, at least muscle endurance should last longer before attempting speed trial runs

So for. My 5km speed trial running, my endurance should train to 10km.

Edited by Ender

Speed and distance, if we have both we are pro liao. Amateur like us can only choose one and work towards the other one.  Maybe you choose to work on speed and push for distance later, then you must be very clear not to compare distance liao, otherwise you may overstretch. 

I choose to teach my body distance and push for speed at half the distance later, so in order for me to max out speed at 5km, I must be able to do a 10km. To better my 10km timing, my body will need to know it can run for 20km, reduce the distance and I can cheong.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

no lah, cos my leg was hurting liao, so i needed to push or else i will have stopped. Just like the reason i stopped at 7.7km was that i was running then really almost no gas liao, then look at my watch wah still another 300m to go, suddenly deflate like balloon  [laugh]

i hardly looked at my watch that run anyway. my willpower tank was quite empty that night. Just wait for the watch buzz every km.

i honestly can't remember the last time i actually bothered to exercise when i felt so crappy before the run.

Edited by Lala81

That's is I agree, at least muscle endurance should last longer before attempting speed trial runs

So for. My 5km speed trial running, my endurance should train to 10km.

I think I learned this from my last 2 long runs, because subconsciously when I did my 5km and 2.4km barefooted, I dare to cheong, and that somehow gave me my PR for those runs lately.  So i am expecting to go faster on my next 5km run after making the 10km mark.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]  

no lah, cos my leg was hurting liao, so i needed to push or else i will have stopped. Just like the reason i stopped at 7.7km was that i was running then really almost no gas liao, then look at my watch wah still another 300m to go, suddenly deflate like balloon  [laugh]

I had the same feeling after I passed the 8.5km mark, but I did something crazy and it help me push by and finished the run. I shouted out very loud to clear my lungs and took in deep breath, strangely that actually helped, and i did it again at 9.5km and cheong the last 500m. Luckily no one bother.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

haha i remember being very irritated with this woman who was wearing workout gear and walking along the pavement. This was about 6+km in. So i coming up from behind. so she sometimes walk on the left and sometimes she walk on the right. like every 15-20m will randomly switch.

Then she's classic pear shaped maybe 70kg figure really just nice walk at the center cannot go pass type.

So i thought i predicted her position, then overtake her then at that moment she changed sides again. grazed her and clicked my tongue in irritation at her (cos damade no breath to spare haha)

haha i remember being very irritated with this woman who was wearing workout gear and walking along the pavement. This was about 6+km in. So i coming up from behind. so she sometimes walk on the left and sometimes she walk on the right. like every 15-20m will randomly switch.

Then she's classic pear shaped maybe 70kg figure really just nice walk at the center cannot go pass type.

So i thought i predicted her position, then overtake her then at that moment she changed sides again. grazed her and clicked my tongue in irritation at her (cos damade no breath to spare haha)

Lol, that's the runner version of meeting a lane hogger. Encounter this countless time. Sometimes if cannot avoid, prepare to run on the grass patch to maintain momentum.
↡ Advertisement