Epoxy coating & momento painting

Kurty

Hello,

my house be hitting 5 years mark next year, thinking of redoing some simple works to make it look as new and cosy.

Epoxy flake coating,

anyone did this for their toilet or kitchen?

was told the price range from 4k to 5k .

Momento painting, thinking of add this on the living room, making it more featured. 

please share your reviews.  [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Wa, house 5 year old only you already want to do some redo works liao? Looks like more sleepless night coming for you ahead?!  [:p]

Hello,

my house be hitting 5 years mark next year, thinking of redoing some simple works to make it look as new and cosy.

Epoxy flake coating,

anyone did this for their toilet or kitchen?

was told the price range from 4k to 5k .

Momento painting, thinking of add this on the living room, making it more featured. 

please share your reviews.  [:p]

i have stucco wall....  i rem distinctly that wall was only 1k + nia....   (5yr ago price with ID)

Wa, house 5 year old only you already want to do some redo works liao? Looks like more sleepless night coming for you ahead?!  [:p]

well, the initial materials from hdb, was kinda inferior..

actually paint work only can last you 5-7 years depending on the quality.

master bed room, tend to have moisture from toilet, hence the walls and ceiling look yellowish and dirty.

* thinking of changing to 3 in 1 type, least waterproof type for long run

some walls and corners, already showing signs of cracks and peel off (from blutack).

probably due to inferior paint grade.

Wife always complaint that my toilet is dirty, hence thinking of switching to epoxy type. least, it makes cleaning much easier for her.

* but was told it may not last, start to peel after 3-4 years.

momento, since doing, might as well make the house more cosy and nice.

i have stucco wall....  i rem distinctly that wall was only 1k + nia....   (5yr ago price with ID)

yeah, stucco wall not that cheap.

same for momento works, 1 wall easily $200-$300 as its tedious. 

But the after effect, is nice and last you for many many good years.

Edited by Kurty

can we apply white paint as ceiling, rather than matex?

i read matex is just powdery coating and get dirty easily.

Do we need any special coating for ceiling ?

can we apply white paint as ceiling, rather than matex?

i read matex is just powdery coating and get dirty easily.

Do we need any special coating for ceiling ?

of cos you can. Why most painters use Matex is because its cheap, the ceilings hardly get stained. Or they use Matex as 1st/2nd coat for colour change

of cos you can. Why most painters use Matex is because its cheap, the ceilings hardly get stained. Or they use Matex as 1st/2nd coat for colour change

Thanks.

Double confirm it's doable?

Cos the shop told me I got to scrap off the matex if I want to apply 3 in 1.

The other cheaper way is to apply another layer of matex over existing..

Since there's no plan of selling the house, I thought it might be good to invest in a high quantity paint for the long run

post-47635-0-02056700-1511863161_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kurty
  • Praise 1

Thanks.

Since there's no plan of selling the house, I thought it might be good to invest in a high quantity paint for the long run

Scrape away Matex ??? haha. I say no need not but let me confirm for you tomorrow. A few units away from my workplace is Paint Shop 

you must be sure that the defects are due to blu tack or some adhesive. If it's due to sealant not done properly in the first place, then a bit of hassle.

My resale flat got dunno how many layers of paint, and this particular patch always bulge up and chip off. Then the more I scrape, the bigger the patch  [laugh]

Singapore paint ICI & Nippon is good lah. If really want to do a good job, go to a friendly paint shop and seek their opinion. You ask painter they sure say everything need to do  [knife]

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1

Scrape away Matex ??? haha. I say no need not but let me confirm for you tomorrow. A few units away from my workplace is Paint Shop

you must be sure that the defects are due to blu tack or some adhesive. If it's due to sealant not done properly in the first place, then a bit of hassle.

My resale flat got dunno how many layers of paint, and this particular patch always bulge up and chip off. Then the more I scrape, the bigger the patch [laugh]

Singapore paint ICI & Nippon is good lah. If really want to do a good job, go to a friendly paint shop and seek their opinion. You ask painter they sure say everything need to do [knife]

Yeah, if sand or scrap away, I won't bother to do...

It's too tedious and messy...

My unit is a bto and already do up the paint when I got it.

Hence I guess the white will be matex as I recall buying it for my contractor.

SO fast 5 years. I remembered reading your house reno about 2 years back only. [laugh]

Still remembered your hollow partitioned wall.

Edited by Kangadrool

SO fast 5 years. I remembered reading your house reno about 2 years back only. [laugh]

Still remembered your hollow partitioned wall.

yeah.. times flies  [laugh]

this time round, intend to do momento on this partition wall  [:p]

Thanks.

You could apply a layer of sealer before your new 3 in 1 goes up.

I did 3 in 1 for my ceiling. Loved that glossy sheen when the lights are on. For the bathroom ceiling, the 3 in 1 with the anti mold would make cleaning very easy.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

You could apply a layer of sealer before your new 3 in 1 goes up.

I did 3 in 1 for my ceiling. Loved that glossy sheen when the lights are on. For the bathroom ceiling, the 3 in 1 with the anti mold would make cleaning very easy.

great to hear positive reviews about 3 in 1.

i was told 3 in 1 is kinda old, the new kid will be the odour less, anti mozzie etc.

but after studying the specs, 3 in 1 seems to be the only one with waterproof feature.

in term of sealer, which type do you go for?

water or oil type?  [:p]

great to hear positive reviews about 3 in 1.

i was told 3 in 1 is kinda old, the new kid will be the odour less, anti mozzie etc.

but after studying the specs, 3 in 1 seems to be the only one with waterproof feature.

in term of sealer, which type do you go for?

water or oil type?  [:p]

The painting was done 5 years ago and I used the easy wash with teflon. The sealer I used was the oil type.

Buy small can of paint and sealer to self apply on the bathrooms to confirm? 1 can paint can cover the bathrooms ceilings. If self paint don't dilute the paint too much or the painted surface will chalk in less than 3 years.

Edited by pi3142

i have stucco wall.... i rem distinctly that wall was only 1k + nia.... (5yr ago price with ID)

Stucco wall .......... used which material?
↡ Advertisement