Low Income and Owning a Car

kdash

i did that 20yrs ago .. when my pay is only 2700sgd.. i owned a car which cost 58000sgd haha

think you are not alone there....many in sg does it. I know of some who wants the wife to work just to help with the payment for a car and good holiday destinations. Cant say they are wrong though because they seem to be happier.

20 yrs ago is 1997.....dead smack in the asian financial crisis! If not wrong big car coe dropped to $2.....and maintained at below $20k for 10 yrs!

think you are not alone there....many in sg does it. I know of some who wants the wife to work just to help with the payment for a car and good holiday destinations. Cant say they are wrong though because they seem to be happier.

20 yrs ago is 1997.....dead smack in the asian financial crisis! If not wrong big car coe dropped to $2.....and maintained at below $20k for 10 yrs!

i bought a 2002 car at 30+k coe leh

ya.. me too. my wife said need an additional car because of the arrival of our kid. need to travel for check up school class..... and so on. i happen to ask her again if we can sell one and keep one car instead ... she said cannot as she is very dependent on car now due to the conveniences.

i think you friend has not come to a stage where they cant afford anymore. by then it is a matter of getting use to it. same as what i told my wife.. if one day we need to downgrade our lifestyle for whatever reason we have to do it means we have to do it.

i'm fortunate to have a wife that is ok not to have a car. in fact she was very against me buying our 1st car last time. but eventually she said it was a good decision to buy car
  • Praise 2

lol...same era as me ha you.....

like me

i use car to chope my fav lot in mscp.......hor @vratenza

Nah....gib u dis la pundek

post-1105-0-31096400-1511936486.jpg

having youngs one play a part ... once you are a parent you will feel it. go out must bring too many things like strollers.. all the bags with pampers water bottle diapers..very inconvenient 

but their kids out grown.. then they will find no need for cars..

When kids are young, maybe it is more convenience to have a car, cause need to bring many things. But my friend's kids in primary liao, but he still insists cannot no car. Lol. Think maybe it is my friend who got too used driving to work liao, and he cant live without it. Cannot go back taking public transport.

If i didnt read the article wrongly, they paid for it up front in full.

I think it is a wise choice for this low income family.

They bite the bullet and spent on what to them mattered and they didnt take a loan becos loans can be dangerous when not truly backed.

So kudos to this family. They make choices, they are happy to do so and they extract the value, they were meant to extract.

Its probably better than some high income fellas who cannot comprehend simple messages and keeps misunderstanding that calling for full cash means hao lian. Thats probably becos such people get offended and pricked in the ego faster than a speeding bullet.

As for some others who equate interest payable on loans to investment returns with risk over measly sums like a couple of hundred thousand. Simply CMI lah.

If one has to worry or penny pinch about how much interest savings he will have if he took a loan versus investing a few hundred thousand, just simply to buy a car, basically cannot afford that car in his heart already.

Do you think about taking a $300 loan to buy a vacuum cleaner?

Becos the $300 can earn $1 more if you invested it elsewhere?

Or maybe your cashflow just cant allow you to pay in full the vacuum cleaner?

If yes, you are in trouble and should look at how to get things sorted out.

Those who slap face swollen to look fat, i spit on you. Pwui!

For the rest who dont, dont need to feel offended leh.

Muayhahahahahahaha

As for judgement, who is judging who?

We all live our own lives, but we have also our own opinions

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 7

Nah....gib u dis la pundek

giant size pls

22791977_1757384564285748_71895434751243

If i didnt read the article wrongly, they paid for it up front in full.

I think it is a wise choice for this low income family.

They bite the bullet and spent on what to them mattered and they didnt take a loan becos loans can be dangerous when not truly backed.

So kudos to this family. They make choices, they are happy to do so and they extract the value, they were meant to extract.

Its probably better than some high income fellas who cannot comprehend simple messages and keeps misunderstanding that calling for full cash means hao lian. Thats probably becos such people get offended and pricked in the ego faster than a speeding bullet.

As for some others who equate interest payable on loans to investment returns with risk over measly sums like a couple of hundred thousand. Simply CMI lah.

If one has to worry or penny pinch about how much interest savings he will have if he took a loan versus investing a few hundred thousand, just simply to buy a car, basically cannot afford that car in his heart already.

Do you think about taking a $300 loan to buy a vacuum cleaner?

Becos the $300 can earn $1 more if you invested it elsewhere?

Or maybe your cashflow just cant allow you to pay in full the vacuum cleaner?

If yes, you are in trouble and should look at how to get things sorted out.

Those who slap face swollen to look fat, i spit on you. Pwui!

For the rest who dont, dont need to feel offended leh.

Muayhahahahahahaha

if ppl dun take loan our resident loan shark cannot survive leh...then he post here more how?

dun page him here hor...tolong

you can mah... she use car you take public transport lor.... why need to ask her... unless you want her give up the car but you don't want give up

i sales i need car.. she desk bounded and work only half day.. who needs more?

wah 22 years old already earning 2700sgd

how did you achieve that har?  

:D

i thought that is normal.. graduated from NTU and that is market salary then. 

lol...same era as me ha you.....

like me

although same era but you maybe in the higher league than me... i no MCFer middle income..

• Praise 2

waaaaaaaaaah/...now is about there still..h

although same era but you maybe in the higher league than me... i no MCFer middle income..

u see me very up hor...i stardee prembree...treee...

i'm fortunate to have a wife that is ok not to have a car. in fact she was very against me buying our 1st car last time. but eventually she said it was a good decision to buy car

• Praise 1

so you no need serve NS and work in an engineering field (probably electronics or petroleum industry)?

[thumbsup]  :D

When kids are young, maybe it is more convenience to have a car, cause need to bring many things. But my friend's kids in primary liao, but he still insists cannot no car. Lol. Think maybe it is my friend who got too used driving to work liao, and he cant live without it. Cannot go back taking public transport.

then also maybe he saw the news recently mrt keep breaking down.. he also scare.. maybe his car more realiable.

then also maybe he saw the news recently mrt keep breaking down.. he also scare.. maybe his car more realiable.

as i said earlier, MRT to blame haaaaaaaaaaaaa

↡ Advertisement