Facade inspection - new ruling

Victor68

well BCA claims that they had followed international standards...

i am very sure they have, same for almost all our other standards. however are they following others in their implementation and execution? 

We seem to be very relax and pro revenue that we bend right and left without regards to way the standards are there for

↡ Advertisement

not very sure of the requirements, but think i can qualify as my peers already going for the course. how abt you bro? DfS?

DFS? Not so much aplicable to me la... I'm GMP/GMFP. More applicable to my line of work.

Twincharged

Part of external facade falls from Bedok Reservoir block, investigations ongoing

Residents of Block 634 Bedok Reservoir Road were shocked when a part of the building's external facade fell to the ground on Thursday afternoon (Nov 8).

Stomper Syed, a resident of the block, alerted Stomp to the incident and shared photos of the debris left at the bottom of the building.

In his photos, the area had been cordoned off with tape.

The Stomper told Stomp that the part of the external facade that had gotten dislodged was somewhere around the ninth floor.

"It was scary as I live in that building," said Syed, who lives on the fourth floor.

"Luckily no one was around when it happened."

In response to a Stomp media query, the Aljunied-Hougang Town Council said it was alerted to the matter at about 3.20pm.

They said they immediately cordoned off the affected area as a safety precaution.

"We are working with the relevant authorities and investigation to the external facade is in progress," a spokesman said.
part_of_external_facade_falls_from_bedok

• Praise 1

The materials we used for our windows are just below standard, thwt is my opinion. All you got to do is to go oversea, compare our windows with Japan, we are just far behind. It is all about cost.