DON DON DONKI Singapore!

BabyBlade

SG really getting cosmopolitan. Simi also have. Things not cheap, but long zhong all have...

Anyway i go japan stores, i really get bewildered by how many things they are selling. 4-5 floors only selling fashion accessories. See already also blur  :wacko:

Actually stores and varieties are all big in Japan, US and some Europe countries.

It is in Singapore that our varieties are so small that sometimes I feel being shortchanged by all the establishments.  And I guess it is because of our smaller population market and high cost of rental.

Look at our vitamins and supplements section in Guardian or Watson. It is pathetic but I guess we just have to make do.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Actually stores and varieties are all big in Japan, US and some Europe countries.

It is in Singapore that our varieties are so small that sometimes I feel being shortchanged by all the establishments.  And I guess it is because of our smaller population market and high cost of rental.

Look at our vitamins and supplements section in Guardian or Watson. It is pathetic but I guess we just have to make do.

Go to Mustafa. Everything also have.

Go to Mustafa. Everything also have.

Ya so Long never go there already. The donki place quite cramped. I think they are after the lower end segment of the market when dust settles. That place got quite a bit of Japanese crowd.

Ya so Long never go there already. The donki place quite cramped. I think they are after the lower end segment of the market when dust settles. That place got quite a bit of Japanese crowd.

Yep, saw a few Japanese ladies grocery shopping there.

was there last night.

CRAMP and MESSY!

Many products seem to be locally sourced, and price not any better, some even cost more.

Will i go back again? Unless there is a bloody good reason to.  [laugh]

I think I rather keep to Daiso and Isetan, both got outlet not very far from me. 

And talking about 24hrs shopping, many NTUC xtras and sheng siongs open 24hrs also, less crowded and more relax to pass time.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

And did I not mention that the music they played "don don donki" is damn bloody irritating. 

• Praise 2

Supercharged

CRAMP and MESSY!

help them to uncramp by calling SCDF.

Mustafa oso tio b4 they widen their aisles, now not so cramped.

• Praise 1

Too many Japanese convenience stores. I can't keep up with the names. More dan the mama shops. The stuff they sell I felt like paying a lot for their packaging and very little on what's inside the box. Not worth it.

• Praise 1

Went there last week.

I think they do not stock up certain products. Some of the shelves are empty. And some products that I saw and wanted to buy in my last visit do not stock up too.  :wacko:

was there last night.

CRAMP and MESSY!

Many products seem to be locally sourced, and price not any better, some even cost more.

Will i go back again? Unless there is a bloody good reason to. [laugh]

I think I rather keep to Daiso and Isetan, both got outlet not very far from me.

And talking about 24hrs shopping, many NTUC xtras and sheng siongs open 24hrs also, less crowded and more relax to pass time. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

And did I not mention that the music they played "don don donki" is damn bloody irritating.

dun keke, u wanna go squeeze with jap xmm in the crampy n messy crowd?? :D
  • Praise 1

was there last night.

CRAMP and MESSY!

Will i go back again? Unless there is a bloody good reason to. [laugh]

And talking about 24hrs shopping, many NTUC xtras and sheng siongs open 24hrs also, less crowded and more relax to pass time. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Generally share your sentiments.

I still feel that some things should never be brought global.

Loses the local flavor when things go global.

Better to keep it in Japan.

I prefer the real original

• Praise 1

Actually I agreed with tianmo.

There is one ntuc havelock open for 24 hrs. I was there yesterday nite around 11.40pm..wow...so many eye candies. Those frequent havelock would know. Haha

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

was there last night.

CRAMP and MESSY!

Will i go back again? Unless there is a bloody good reason to.  [laugh]

And talking about 24hrs shopping, many NTUC xtras and sheng siongs open 24hrs also, less crowded and more relax to pass time.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

And did I not mention that the music they played "don don donki"  "donk donk donkey" is damn bloody irritating. 

You and me belong to the different crowd, we don't enjoy such shopping experience. But my wife went gaga over the place, with so many skincare products at low prices.

Only incentive for me to be there is to squeeze with the kawaii Japanese ladies.  [lipsrsealed]

And amended the song lyrics for you.  [laugh]

• Praise 2

okok, this mayb the one and only bloody reason for me to consider going back.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Generally share your sentiments.

I still feel that some things should never be brought global.

Loses the local flavor when things go global.

Better to keep it in Japan.

I prefer the real original

Personally if they have more stuffs from Japan or MIJ, I would not mind them a little cramp, but i can easily pick up so many items locally sourced, seriously quite disappointed and the messy just make it worse.  <_<  [laugh]  [laugh]

You and me belong to the different crowd, we don't enjoy such shopping experience. But my wife went gaga over the place, with so many skincare products at low prices.

Only incentive for me to be there is to squeeze with the kawaii Japanese ladies.  [lipsrsealed]

And amended the song lyrics for you.  [laugh]

At least now  i know i am not a lone with such thoughts.  ^_^  [laugh]

I was there with my family, and the 3 females only picked up some snacks, and 1 pack of eel. Total time spend there was less than an 1hr.  [laugh]

seem like the squeezing is the only motivation.  [:p]

Actually I agreed with tianmo.

There is one ntuc havelock open for 24 hrs. I was there yesterday nite around 11.40pm..wow...so many eye candies. Those frequent havelock would know. Haha

must be due to the many entertainment outlets ard there.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

okok, this mayb the one and only bloody reason for me to consider going back. [:p][laugh][laugh]

I didn't see the younger ones when I went there. Only aunties.

I didn't see the younger ones when I went there. Only aunties.

The same person seen by different age grp can be either XMM or aunty mah, depends on who seen her.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1