Cooking: All About Beef

chryst

Twincharged

I always use a pressure cooker these days.

50 min for ox tail which for me is always the meat that needs longest.

Beef shin is done perfectly in 30 minutes and is like butter in the mouth.

I add a rendang mix from the supermarket, can't remember which one and all peranakan aunties want to know my cooking method the taste and texture is so good.  I just tell them it needs good ingredients, luck and long long cooking.

are you the sifu from the mountain with the lost skills ?

so you swear by the pressure cooker ? what's your recipe for ox tail ?

i still have my unopened pressure cooker from the SPC/Skylight redemption ....

Edited by Ysc3
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

I don't even know where's the knife now. He got some corner to hide all his boliao impulse buys de.

I think the amount of money of the rubbish that he bought is enough to buy a car already.  :D

Twincharged

I think the amount of money of the rubbish that he bought is enough to buy a car already. :D

Sigh. Don't even get me started on how much the bike cost. Or the fishing equipment. I can buy 8 chanel bags, easily.

@Ysc3 this slow cooker damn old school but sibei good for stewing anything. Inside got magic one.

post-196289-0-17844700-1522077804.png

Twincharged

Sigh. Don't even get me started on how much the bike cost. Or the fishing equipment. I can buy 8 chanel bags, easily.

@Ysc3 this slow cooker damn old school but sibei good for stewing anything. Inside got magic one.

attachicon.gifIMG_8991.PNG

.... i got one collecting dust, dirt and grime under the kitchen sink .... maybe can see if can revive it or not ...

btw, i also used the same tenderizing liquid from SS.

I don't even know where's the knife now. He got some corner to hide all his boliao impulse buys de.

i must have seen your bf.

some memory there.

IMG_8991.PNG

Very very slow for takahi. It takes two hours to reach just below boiling. You remove the lid once, that's another twenty thirty min to reach the same temperature again

But the earthenware makes for good cooking. But can't add hot liquids in...

Edited by Lala81

Would u prefer if he spends they same money but u hv no idea where he spent on? Lol

.... i got one collecting dust, dirt and grime under the kitchen sink .... maybe can see if can revive it or not ...

btw, i also used the same tenderizing liquid from SS.

Best tenderizing liquid is fresh pineapple puree...

Twincharged

Best tenderizing liquid is fresh pineapple puree...

fresh pineapple puree... I assume you juiced it yourself ?

but will it leave a pineapple taste in the meat ?

coz the processed papaya liquid from SS no smell one ...

Edited by Ysc3

are you the sifu from the mountain with the lost skills ?  ha ha ha

so you swear by the pressure cooker ? what's your recipe for ox tail ?

i still have my unopened pressure cooker from the SPC/Skylight redemption ....

Ox tail very simple.

Coat ox tail in salted, peppered plain flour

And shallow fry in extra virgin olive oil in pressure cooker without lid until ox tail browns.

Remove and then fry half chopped onion and when softened add chopped cloves of garlic.

Remove and drain oil.

Replace ox tail and cover with hot water to depth of half inch above ox tail.

Boil hard and scoop off any scum.  I then add some tomato puree and one special stock cube I bought in France, can't find that here.

Return onions and garlic and add carrot cut into one inch sections plus some waxy type potatoes also some leek chopped into one inch lengths if you like.

Fix pressure cooker lid, increase heat until pressure cooker reaches temperature then reduce heat as required.

50 minutes later it's done.  Can cool pc quickly in cold water or wait to cool down naturally.

50 minutes is timing on my mil pressure cooker which is old style one with two weights.

50 minutes is with both weights.

If new PC then check timing with instruction booklet.

Edited by Neutrino
  • Praise 1

poor guy ... [sweatdrop][whip]

lets not rub wound.

for a better country n comfort we must have sympathy n empathy.

Twincharged

Very very slow for takahi. It takes two hours to reach just below boiling. You remove the lid once, that's another twenty thirty min to reach the same temperature again

But the earthenware makes for good cooking. But can't add hot liquids in...

Yeah it's super slow. But good for those days I throw ingredients in and turn it on before I go work. Evening time got a meal waiting liao. Just cook rice can eat dinner le

fresh pineapple puree... I assume you juiced it yourself ?

but will it leave a pineapple taste in the meat ?

coz the processed papaya liquid from SS no smell one ...

Slight sweet taste.. but not pineapple sweet... diff to describe.. try once.. leave on for 1hr...

Yeah it's super slow. But good for those days I throw ingredients in and turn it on before I go work. Evening time got a meal waiting liao. Just cook rice can eat dinner le

Twincharged

Slight sweet taste.. but not pineapple sweet... diff to describe.. try once.. leave on for 1hr...

U think he donât know jeah...

He confirm dunno. Cos there was an unfortunate incident recently when he tried to act hero and pay for my purchase without my knowledge. First time I saw anybody turn green hahhahah.
  • Praise 1

He confirm dunno. Cos there was an unfortunate incident recently when he tried to act hero and pay for my purchase without my knowledge. First time I saw anybody turn green hahhahah.

I can only say he not into such comforts la...

Prada heels r dirt cheap in hk outlet... 100+ nia... 999hkd... lol

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I can only say he not into such comforts la...

Prada heels r dirt cheap in hk outlet... 100+ nia... 999hkd... lol

He more atas than me... I got select pieces nia. You see all these beef cooking agga can guess liao. People cannot eat NTUC frozen beef de.

But yes, HK shopping is pretty good.

Turbocharged

i always have this phobia that if i leave it unattended at home during the day while i go work, somehow there will be a trip and cause some unpleasant incident.

He more atas than me... I got select pieces nia. You see all these beef cooking agga can guess liao. People cannot eat NTUC frozen beef de.

But yes, HK shopping is pretty good.

I think u meant chilled beef right? I also only get from butchery... there really is a huge difference in taste btw... ask him to buy one from each... cook same style.. I guarantee u can also tell which is from ntuc..

i always have this phobia that if i leave it unattended at home during the day while i go work, somehow there will be a trip and cause some unpleasant incident.

My mum too.. lol

↡ Advertisement