Repair stripped wheel lug bolt hole

Eyke

I try Stamford but they dun have

I have the pic but not sure how to post here. I newbie here.

How to attach pic here?

BTW I am driving VW CC. Original Lug Nut

if your is the VW orginal bolt, and 1 of them got a special flower design that need a special key  to open.. and u lost that key.

then i suggest u try VW ad.

if i not mistaken got many different design........

↡ Advertisement

I try Stamford but they dun have

I have the pic but not sure how to post here. I newbie here.

How to attach pic here?

BTW I am driving VW CC. Original Lug Nut

if is Original wheel and Lock , I suppose best Party to help you is the AD ,(not sure will they help PI car? different car different Key 

if is after market wheels and Lock set you have to go back the Seller for help.

lastly if no choice  you have find some one to Force open it out . 

Not so simple because VW has multiple sets of lugs and nuts.

For this case, think you need to go back VW for help.

Edited by Dinobros
  • Praise 1

no way is the previous shop, since the lug bolt was all the way in when i went to Poh Heng.

and when i tried to hand screw the lug bolt back in, it jammed after just 3 half-turns or so.

if it thread was already crossed by previous shop, how did Poh Heng even manage to get the lug bolt out (not to mention how the previous shop got the lug bolt all the way in when the crossed threads are so near the surface/outside).

anyway, no point wasting time asking them to fix since they don't even know who can fix it, and not willing to leave the car there with them till god knows when, especially when they already shown me that they are unwilling to even admit fault.

go scold them/bang table also no point, will just get my own blood pressure up.

just thankful that i didn't have to change the wheel hub (the flat part with the lug bolt holes) which would've cost $200+ (integrated with wheel bearings), and that i managed to find a friendly and professional workshop that helped me out.

Good Afternoon

sorry no offence, it could be Previous WS had overtighten it (damaged ) with Super Power Pneumatic Tools , if you have Chance to watch your WS do the tightening work you can try ask them how you know when to stop the Power tool to prevent overtightening ? you guess  His Face answer and expression to you ?

kindly try and share your experience .

( I can tell you most WS mech mentality is so long the wheels is tighten (mostly overtightened to My personal point of View).

just MHO and sharing

↡ Advertisement